What room would we fit in?

MrsPrice96

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
We currently have reservations for 2 rooms at Pop for Thanksgiving week and we have wanted to try one of the DVC resorts. We will have 5 adults going- so we need 2 queen beds and at least a twin bed. The single sleeper is 6'5". I am just not sure which rooms would fit us all since we don't have small children to fit the tiny drop down beds. Any suggestions on which resort would fit us and be the most economical? Thanks

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We currently have reservations for 2 rooms at Pop for Thanksgiving week and we have wanted to try one of the DVC resorts. We will have 5 adults going- so we need 2 queen beds and at least a twin bed. The single sleeper is 6'5". I am just not sure which rooms would fit us all since we don't have small children to fit the tiny drop down beds. Any suggestions on which resort would fit us and be the most economical? Thanks
The only way would be a 2 bedroom unit at any of the DVC resorts. I would look at renting points, but it still might be cheaper to go with Pop. Of course, if you rent a 2 bedroom, you get a full kitchen, washer/dryer in the room, and multiple bathrooms. Good luck!

correcaminos

Yeah with those sizes I agree on a 2 bedroom. There are 1 bedrooms and studios that sleep 5 but the single bed is not for taller than average adults. Otherwise you'd need 2 studios. Often values are cheaper than rented DVC so this may not come out in your favor financially. If looking for bigger and better accommodations then it could be worth it

Weather_Lady

If you're set on DVC rooms (and not simply deluxe hotel rooms), I'd consider renting DVC points and looking for connecting (or adjoining) studios or a 2-bedroom suite. We visited with a party of 5 and stayed at Wilderness Lodge in a 2-bedroom villa: on rented points, we saved 40% off of the rack rate for the villa. ("Rack rate" meaning, what we'd have paid if we booked it directly through Disney.) The downside of rented points (which you should only rent through a reputable broker or from a DVC member you know and trust) is the fact that you can't apply other seasonal discounts, you need to plan far ahead, and in many cases you'll want to purchase vacation insurance as it's nonrefundable in the event of cancellation.

Otherwise the most economical choice would be getting connecting (or adjoining, depending on preference) standard rooms at one of the deluxe DVC resorts, rather than DVC accommodations, as most of the DVC rooms (studios everywhere except OKW, 1-bedrooms) have foldout sofas as half the sleeping spaces instead of proper beds.

Last edited:

MrsPrice96

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thanks for all the info! Was trying to "UP" our game-LOL. We have stayed at POR and CBR before but mostly stick with Pop due to the Skyliners and theming. I will check out the FW Cabins as well as connecting rooms.

correcaminos

If you're set on DVC rooms (and not simply deluxe hotel rooms), I'd consider renting DVC points and looking for connecting (or adjoining) studios or a 2-bedroom suite. We visited with a party of 5 and stayed at Wilderness Lodge in a 2-bedroom villa: on rented points, we saved 40% off of the rack rate for the villa. ("Rack rate" meaning, what we'd have paid if we booked it directly through Disney.) The downside of rented points (which you should only rent through a reputable broker or from a DVC member you know and trust) is the fact that you can't apply other seasonal discounts, you need to plan far ahead, and in many cases you'll want to purchase vacation insurance as it's nonrefundable in the event of cancellation.

Otherwise the most economical choice would be getting connecting (or adjoining, depending on preference) standard rooms at one of the deluxe DVC resorts, rather than DVC accommodations, as most of the DVC rooms (studios everywhere except OKW, 1-bedrooms) have foldout sofas as half the sleeping spaces instead of proper beds.
The only connecting studios would be PVB. Just to add to this. They are great though and provide a lot of space for 5 people.

nickys

Premium Member
Adjoining studios are only at the Poly, but nearly all of them connect to another.

However since you said you would need two queens, then I would suggest a 1-bed at either Bay Lake or AKL.

They would have a master bedroom with a King, a pull out sofa and a sleeper chair. The sleeper chair is a good size twin, both my boys are over 6ft and both love the sleeper chair. I guess it depends on whether a pull-out sofa would be OK.

And you get the extra bathroom.

Failing that a dedicated 2-bed where the 2nd bedroom has two queens. Or a lock-off at OKW where the 2nd bedroom is a studio but has two queens.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
However since you said you would need two queens, then I would suggest a 1-bed at either Bay Lake or AKL.

They would have a master bedroom with a King, a pull out sofa and a sleeper chair. The sleeper chair is a good size twin, both my boys are over 6ft and both love the sleeper chair. I guess it depends on whether a pull-out sofa would be OK
Old key west 1BR are set up like that too IIRC.

@MrsPrice96 I would toss in that an Art of Animation family suite would sort of meet your needs (1 queen, 2 full, tiny kitchenette), and an All Star Music family suite (assuming it reopens by then and that they’ve finished the renovation) would meet them even better (3 queens and a large kitchenette with a full fridge with a separate freezer in the refurbished family suites)

correcaminos

Old key west 1BR are set up like that too IIRC.

@MrsPrice96 I would toss in that an Art of Animation family suite would sort of meet your needs (1 queen, 2 full, tiny kitchenette), and an All Star Music family suite (assuming it reopens by then and that they’ve finished the renovation) would meet them even better (3 queens and a large kitchenette with a full fridge with a separate freezer in the refurbished family suites)
AKL Kidani is likely the one you're thinking of. They have the chair and 2nd bathroom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom