What ride was this?

cuteypatooty78

Original Poster
I remember a ride where you sit in a ride car and it moves sideways and shows you different scenes of the future with animatronics. In one of the scenes it shows a futuristic underwater restaraunt with a seal looking in through one of the windows...I'm pretty sure its not Carousel of Progress. Any thoughts of what ride I'm thinking of? I just can't seem to remember what and where this ride is?

Don L Duck

Originally posted by cuteypatooty78
I remember a ride where you sit in a ride car and it moves sideways and shows you different scenes of the future with animatronics. In one of the scenes it shows a futuristic underwater restaraunt with a seal looking in through one of the windows...I'm pretty sure its not Carousel of Progress. Any thoughts of what ride I'm thinking of? I just can't seem to remember what and where this ride is?
CONGRATS CUTEY............. I SEE YOUR GETTING MUCH BETTER AT THIS.....I told you it wouldn't take long.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

cuteypatooty78

Original Poster
CONGRATS CUTEY............. I SEE YOUR GETTING MUCH BETTER AT THIS.....I told you it wouldn't take long.

Hey thank's Donald L. Duck...It just took me a bit to get used to everything! It took me a lot longer to get used to the avatar thing too but I finally figured that out as well, with a lot of help from a helpful administrator! Everythings going great now!!! Thank's! :)

leeocean

I feel really bad for skipping it when I went in 1998. I didn't know it was going to close and now I draw a blank when I think about it.

Maria

Very nice avatar Cutey and Tjcjr! I like both a lot! :)

In one of those sites, there is a request to write to George Kalogridis about how much you liked Horizons... although I don´t see the point now, just in case you think about doing it, please note that George Kalogridis is no longer at Epcot. He was transferred to California last year. I´m not sure of his position there though, but he has a very good one! :animwink:

Maria

Want to meet George K.? Check the guy in the right, next to UN Secretary Kofi Annan... (and check the girl in the white dress in the back, between both of them!) :animwink:

Attachments

• unsecretaryatepcot.jpg
    unsecretaryatepcot.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 249

WDWFREAK53

Horizons will live in our memories forever...We will miss you ol' chap :( I can still remember fighting with my mother at the end...I always wanted space and she always wanted sea :)

tjcjr

A Celebrity in our midst !?!

I assume that is you Maria and if so, what a great momento to have. Now if only a few of the Disney Characters could have made an appearance you'd be all set.
What was the occasion ?

Maria

Yeah it is me.... hehe :D Mickey did show up!
The ocassion was the presentation of the Millennium Celebration to the public. There was a ceremony at the America Gardens Theater open for guests in the park on October 12th., 1998. I actually presented the Mariachi Cobre and Mr.George K., to give his speech. It´s indeed a very nice memento! I found these pics on the UN website! I also have one framed of me greeting Mr.Annan. One of my best memories of my time there! :)

Attachments

• kofiannanfellows.jpg
    kofiannanfellows.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 205

Luau Cove

Originally posted by leeocean
I feel really bad for skipping it when I went in 1998. I didn't know it was going to close and now I draw a blank when I think about it.

Like most things, when you have it you simply don't mind about it...when you don't- there's the problem.

-->LUAUCRATES

kaos

We should all write and tell them to bring back Horizons..

After all, "If We Can Dream It, Then We Can Do It"

yes we can yes we can

cm1988

On the move

Originally posted by Maria
... request to write to George Kalogridis about how much you liked Horizons... please note that George Kalogridis is no longer at Epcot. He was transferred to California last year...
George K. returned from California and was at Downtown Disney for a few months. He now is VP at the Disney Reservation Center/Walt Disney Travel Company.

Brad Rex is VP at Epcot.

Luau Cove

Originally posted by kaos
We should all write and tell them to bring back Horizons..

I you think you won't be that lucky since they tore down the building and spend hundreds on millions to build the new ride...

-->LUAU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom