What ride going away would bother you the most

Smiley/OCD

There are a lot I would miss, but Carousel of Progress has a lot of sentimental value for me, having ridden it at the NY World's Fair as a little one.
I’m the same way with Prince Charming Regal Carrousel…that came from an amusement park in my hometown of Maplewood, NJ and my parents told me that they took me on it at 18 months old, so I make it a point to ride it on every trip.

vikescaper

For me, it’s Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land. I didn’t appreciate Horizons, World of Motion and Journey into Imagination enough when we lost those attractions so it would bother me if they removed SSE and LwtL. Honorable mention goes to Space Mountain. With Tron opening next door, I always worry about Space Mountain’s fate.

SamandplanningUK

I'm going to choose one per park because it's impossible for me to choose just one!

Epcot - Soarin (the smells, the music, the immersion) although Spaceship Earth is a VERY close second

Magic Kingdom - Big Thunder (a Disney classic and don't forget its THE WILDEST RIDE IN THE WILDERNESS!)

Hollywood Studios - Toy Story Mania (I know it's not necessarily a classic but the amount of fun my family and I have had on this ride can't be beat)

Animal Kingdom - Kilimanjaro Safaris (What would Animal Kingdom BE without this experience?)

bennyw01

My list would be:

MK:
Tiki Room
Haunted Mansion
The classics.

EP:
SSE
Soaring
Living with the Land (I would consider dropping everything and flying to FL if they closed it).

DHS:
ToT - although eventual re-theme is likely.
Great Movie Ride - LOL

Animal Kingdom:
Dinosaur
FOP
Everest

I really wouldn't mind if safari went, I can't imagine Disney holding onto it given its cost to run, the environmental impact of the trucks, and associated press regarding captive animals. The park should be more a celebration about animals characters and nature. Further reasoning to add Moana, Zootopia, and hopefully a Wakanda section one day.

Inspired Figment

To the folks saying Soarin’.. that’s sadly ‘been’ gone/massively downgraded since it was redone to the Around the World version. Who thought that the scent of literal dirt was an improvement over the original orange grove scent, not to mention the slow paced, completely artificial visuals, So sad what’s happened to a once fabulous attraction.

SamandplanningUK

To the folks saying Soarin’.. that’s sadly ‘been’ gone/massively downgraded since it was redone to the Around the World version. Who thought that the scent of literal dirt was an improvement over the original orange grove scent, not to mention the slow paced, completely artificial visuals, So sad what’s happened to a once fabulous attraction.

I never got to experience the original but this version is pretty great for me!

Inspired Figment

I never got to experience the original but this version is pretty great for me!
Watch & listen to its original incarnation and you’ll see what I’m talking about. (Which returns periodically at DCA, thankfully). You’ll probably be surprised to see just how much better it truly was. The only thing that’s better with around the world I’d argue is the ending CG animation of Tink. (Which ‘that’ for sure needed an upgrade) But that’s it:

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

While I’d for sure argue that the Around the World theme fits EPCOT better. The action & feeling in the cinematography and use of real life filming of the locations without huge/larger reliance on CG would’ve been a ‘big’ improvement. On top of that, the score being closer to the scale & quality of the original. Granted, sadly Jerry Goldsmith who composed the original score passed.. but still.

SamandplanningUK

Watch & listen to its original incarnation and you’ll see what I’m talking about. (Which returns periodically at DCA, thankfully). You’ll probably be surprised to see just how much better it truly was. The only thing that’s better with around the world I’d argue is the ending CG animation of Tink. (Which ‘that’ for sure needed an upgrade) But that’s it:

That does look incredible, you never know, maybe one day they'll switch it!

erasure fan1

This is a tough one but I would have to say Muppet vision. As a life long Muppet fan, I would have a very hard time if (or most likely when) it gets removed. It was Jim Hensons last Muppet project and outside of Waldo being outdated, it holds up as well as any 3D show at WDW.

Unfortunately most of the attractions that mean the most to me are gone already.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
This is a tough one but I would have to say Muppet vision. As a life long Muppet fan, I would have a very hard time if (or most likely when) it gets removed. It was Jim Hensons last Muppet project and outside of Waldo being outdated, it holds up as well as any 3D show at WDW.
Except for the audio in some places. It seems very 90s audio quality.

Goofyernmost

That is a little complicated... most of my all time favorites are gone already. Things like 20K leagues, Splash Mtn., The Timekeeper, World of Motion, The original Imagination and a few others that go back to far for me to remember the name, but I can visualize them.

Right now, because I think history is important, far more important that most people think I would be very upset if CoP were to be gone and for that same reason, Muppet vision is a nearly a tie. Close second would be Spaceship Earth. Others I would hate to see go but I have seen so many times now that, even though I still go to them every trip, I'm feeling meh about them. The biggest upset I find is closing an attraction with no replacement.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom