What ride going away would bother you the most

ppete1975

Original Poster
Now that Splash is gone, what ride would crush you if tomorrow they decided to retheme or close it.

for me its living with the land, there is nothing else like it and it reminds me of classic epcot, and there will never be another like it at a disney park and if rethemed would be nothing like what it is. I also fear someday it will be gone.

Muppets is another, while it could be cleaned and even updated, everytime in the parks I always go in there because I fear it might not be there when I return.

PSM

I'm surprised to say this, but Big Thunder Mountain would probably bother me even more than Haunted Mansion or Space Mountain. Even though Big Thunder isn't my favorite ride in the parks - it's high on the list, obviously - any time I think of childhood WDW trips, waiting in queue for Big Thunder is one of the first things that pops into my head.

Stupido

I think it all depends on what they replace it with, no?

Right now, I think there's only one real contender for a big ride being replaced, Rock N Roller Coaster.

Aerosmith's popularity is way past its peak, and Disney would be just starting the cycle over again if they replace them with another band. They could go the IP route, but Cosmic Rewind already does everything RnR does better, minus the inversions. I also think Hollywood Studios is the park with the biggest identity crisis. Are we going behind the scenes seeing how movies are made? Are we paying homage to all things entertainment with the Broadway Style shows and music? Or is it a park where you can step into the worlds of all different beloved movies? I think plowing RnR and rebuilding a new area immersing guests in a movies world would go a long way to help HS' identity.

That doesn't really answer your question though. Haunted Mansion.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I wasn't even considering Animal Kingdom attractions because that park is still new in my mind (even though it's not), but yes, Kiliminjaro Safari closing would be disastrous.
My data is old, but the last I heard, it was 1) the most expensive attraction to operate, 2) the highest guest satisfaction attraction (as measured by percentage of guests giving an "Excellent" rating), and 3) the highest capacity attraction (as measured by number of people occupied at any given moment, not necessarily hourly throughput).

Lilofan

My data is old, but the last I heard, it was 1) the most expensive attraction to operate, 2) the highest guest satisfaction attraction (as measured by percentage of guests giving an "Excellent" rating), and 3) the highest capacity attraction (as measured by number of people occupied at any given moment, not necessarily hourly throughput).
I don't know if it is the most expensive but one of the cast stunt drivers said it costs the park $125K monthly just to keep buying tires , for all of the stunt vehicles at MGM Studios Lights Motor Action Stunt Spectacular . The continued smoky burnouts that smoked the tires during every show , I believe that figure to be realistic.

WorldExplorer

Spaceship Earth. I know the current version isn't the best, but it's still my vote.

First off, I've been obsessed with that thing since childhood, well before I ever actually got to go to Epcot. I used to draw it, over and over. The feeling of happiness and "that's it, that's DISNEY" a lot of people attribute to the castle is what I get from Spaceship Earth.

Second, Spaceship Earth means something. It already is bad enough you have so many people (including Epcot cast members!) calling it "the Epcot ball". Killing it entirely or reskinning it to Current Thing Disney Wants to Push would not just destroy the ride, it would destroy a point. Then it really would just be that thing that's in Epcot.

Third, I think that one would replicate Splash's situation a lot. The loss of something that, even if I wasn't actively going on, was always there and visible and a noted presense. I feel like with Splash gone we lost a kind of whimsy they don't make anymore, and with no SE we'd lose a sense of wonder that is definitely not being put anywhere else in Epcot.

It would be completely impossible to even get near Epcot and not think "that's it. Right there. That's where it used to be/where they ruined it". And that would hurt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom