What restaurants do you like on solo trips?

joejccva71

Original Poster
So I'm going back to the magical place from July 28th - August 5th and will be mostly solo. My brother and his group will join me a few days but most of the trip will be just me. I'm looking for some restaurant options at the parks that you guys recommend.

Also trying to take advantage of scheduling some breakfast ADR's that get me in the parks early. I think I want to do Garden Grill at Epcot for breakfast again. I loved that place.

Any other recommendations? What do you guys like? As far as MK, I wasn't a fan of BoG to be honest so any other place besides that. Also any ideas for AK and DHS?

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I think there's a wealth of options in Epcot, and I'd recommend that. I would say Rose and Crown, and Tutto Italia are two of my favorite restaurants

I really like Libterty Tree Tavern, but being family style, I don't think that would be a good fit for a single diner. I suppose you could try the The Diamond Horseshoe at MK, I've never eaten there myself so I cannot give any opinion on it.

Simba's Mom

My favorite restaurants when solo are all based on the available view. At Coral Reef, there are small tables near the tank and I always get one of those. Rose and Crown is especially nice if you get a table on the porch, as I did at lunch-time. Chefs de France was nice sitting by the window. But I have mixed feelings about this one-first people walking by seem to think (or not care) that you can look out, so they often stop and scrutinize your food. That makes me kind of uncomfortable! Also, once when I ate there, I had a server who was more interested in flirting with the pretty young ladies at the next table than waiting on a grandmotherly woman by herself. So I pretty much got ignored. And don't discount character meals. I was so intimidated, but finally I went to one solo because I wanted a big breakfast and there was one in my hotel, but it was a character meal (Cape May). I wasn't interested in visiting with the characters, so they just blew me a little kiss or waved as they went by. And watching the other families and the kids' interaction with the characters was great. For a people-watcher, character meals are awesome! I've eaten solo at LTT, and it isn't always family style, at least at lunch. Kind of quiet, glad I brought my kindle-but the ooey gooey toffee cake made it worth the trip!

surfsupdon

Counters or bars are best for me for a solo dining experience. My favorites are at Brown Derby, 50sPrime Time, Crews Cup, Flying Fish, Jiko, Ale & Compass, Mamma Melrose, and Cali Grill. Oh and Nomad Lounge too, that's a new one,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom