What restaurants are closed at Animal Kingdom Hotel?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Can you guys let me know which restaurants, or really anywhere to eat that are still closed at Animal Kingdom? I have some friends staying there next month and are curious to where they can dine, and get snacks at the hotel.

Thanks everyone!

JaxFLBear

According to DisneyWorld.com, Sanaa (Kidani Village) and The Mara (Jambo House) are open. I don't follow all posts, so I don't know when The Mara reopened (if it really did). The pool bar at Jambo House is only open weekends, while the one at Kidani Village is open everyday. Boma & Jiko in Jambo House have not yet reopened.

The only gift shop currently open is the one in Kidani Village.

Tinkerfan4ever

According to DisneyWorld.com, Sanaa (Kidani Village) and The Mara (Jambo House) are open. I don't follow all posts, so I don't know when The Mara reopened (if it really did). The pool bar at Jambo House is only open weekends, while the one at Kidani Village is open everyday. Boma & Jiko in Jambo House have not yet reopened.

We just got back from a stay at AK Jambo. The Mara is only open for breakfast from 730-1030 daily.

Lilofan

Boma is my favorite. Great buffet for breakfast and dinner when it was operating.

JohnD

No way I would pay money to stay at AK Lodge when those locations are closed.

Buffets as a rule are closed. However, any restaurant that is open that previously had a buffet typically has family style. Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace are two of these. The food at those isn't as wide-ranging. Boma can only open as a buffet, IMHO, so I think it will be closed a while.

Lilofan

Buffets as a rule are closed. However, any restaurant that is open that previously had a buffet typically has family style. Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace are two of these. The food at those isn't as wide-ranging. Boma can only open as a buffet, IMHO, so I think it will be closed a while.
If WDW thought out of the box Boma could be an a la carte menu, put up some curtains to disguise the buffet area.

aliceismad

I don't think there is enough demand sufficient to open Boma until the entire Jambo House can open. At this point, it's less about giving guests options and more about providing the essentials for the few guests there.

Hcalvert

Sanaa to-go was awesome! My husband and I ate at Sanaa for our anniversary in December and my son decided he did not want to go. Sanaa even gave us a complimentary dessert for our anniversary. We ended up putting an order to go for him using the app. Later in our trip, we were able to order him a kids meal for lunch. I thought the to-go service would be considered a quick service, but our AP discount was added automatically in the app.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom