What resort do you think you'll never stay at?

Much-Pixie-Dust

Interestingly, no one has mentioned the Four Seasons Resort. (If you have, sorry. Seconding you.) I would never shell out that kind of money when I could get just as good accommodations at Swan/Dolphin for probably a third of the price.
I find Four Seasons to be nothing like Swan/Dolphin and worth the price for the room, service, and amenities you receive. SD is good too, but it’s an apples/oranges comparison.

Toodycat

I would gladly stay at the Grand Floridian if I saw evidence that the service and amenities justified the high cost. Yes, it's a beautiful hotel in a prime Disney World location, but by the standards of non-Disney luxury hotels, it simply doesn't measure up on a value for price comparison.

I will, however, shell out the cash for the Grand Californian at Disneyland, simply because there's nothing else that gives you a similar experience, and stays at this resort are generally much shorter.
I agree that the GF is not as comprehensive in amenities as a Ritz Carlton or Waldorf Astoria property and those brands are sometimes less expensive. But nowhere else gives me the feeling of coming home to a place as beautiful and friendly.

Skibum1970

Polynesian and Coronado. I'm not big on Poly's theme and my wife cannot stand the theme at Coronado. We walked there once just to see what it was like and she let me know, in no uncertain terms, that it was not to be considered. Ever.

JustAFan

I avoid the values as well. I'm glad for them. I've had friends and family stay there. I prefer a little bit more peace and quiet as the nicer ones. I love Old Key West.

disneyfireman

Deluxe. No reason at all to spend that much on a room. Period, The values and Moderates(when we want to step it up a notch) Is by far very nice enough. I don't care how much money one has....400 plus a night....just kinda insane really.
We can have a great trip staying at POP at 119.00 per night with a code and save tons of cash for other things. The values are great resorts.

Matt in the Hatt

I would have said all star sports because generally i am not a sports guy (although i do enjoy the occasional baseball or hockey game) but we are crashing there for a night in September since it was cheaper to fly out the night before our stay at animal kingdom lodge in September so i guess there isn’t one for me

JustAFan

Deluxe. No reason at all to spend that much on a room. Period, The values and Moderates(when we want to step it up a notch) Is by far very nice enough. I don't care how much money one has....400 plus a night....just kinda insane really.
We can have a great trip staying at POP at 119.00 per night with a code and save tons of cash for other things. The values are great resorts.
I think that's one of my favorite things about this site and WDW in general. There's so much variety that nearly everybody can have a great time. I don't care to stay at a value resort while some prefer it. I may like a certain ride that other's hate and vice versa. Nice job by WDW to appeal to the masses.

ToTBellHop

AoA. Done with values and it never worked out when we did go to values.

Done all moderates.

Haven’t done Grand Floridian but we will when the new MK walkway opens. Haven’t done Beach Club but would love to if it’s ever open to our non-BCV DVC points. Haven’t done OKW or SSR and not eager to do other.

I bet we will try Riviera. Not sold on Reflections.

Beacon Joe

Honestly, no. I thought about making a quip about the Value resorts, but I did stay at the Sports back in college, and it was passable. And I visited some friends who were at the Art of Animation and I found it really cute. If for some reason a last minute trip opportunity came up and I couldn't get my usual at one of the Deluxes, and the Four Seasons was booked... I'd stay at a Value and be happy enough. For the price, I'd rather stay on property at one of those Art/Pop/Star hotels than at anything comparably priced off property.

Grand Floridian. The entire resort is just too stuffy for my taste.
o_O I've stayed at my share of "stuffy" hotels around the US and Europe, and the GF is anything but stuffy.

Rue D'Baga

As of right now, I'd never stay at:

--Grand Floridian (too expensive and I get immediately uncomfortable walking into the lobby)
--Old Key West and Saratoga Springs (seem too sprawling, and don't care for the themeing)
--Any of the larger moderates with more than 1 bus stop (so basically anything except POFQ)

I also always said I'd never stay at a Value, just because I really dislike the gaudy themeing, but I'm going to stay at POP in April to save some money over my home of POFQ so that's no longer true.

ddbowdoin

In a year where we had AP’s and made three trips we tried to save money and stay at POP.

Woke up the next morning to blood on our sheets and confirmed bed bugs... yeah, never again

CLEtoWDW

In a year where we had AP’s and made three trips we tried to save money and stay at POP.

Woke up the next morning to blood on our sheets and confirmed bed bugs... yeah, never again
This is my biggest Disney nightmare and why I will always avoid the value resorts. Before everyone gets all worked up in the tizzy it has nothing to do with cleanliness but rather it’s a pure numbers game. If there are 5,000 people at a value resort at any given time the odds of one of them carrying bed bugs are higher than a resort with far less people. It’s the same reason a city like New York has a more significant bed bugs problem as compared to Fargo.

ddbowdoin

This is my biggest Disney nightmare and why I will always avoid the value resorts. Before everyone gets all worked up in the tizzy it has nothing to do with cleanliness but rather it’s a pure numbers game. If there are 5,000 people at a value resort at any given time the odds of one of them carrying bed bugs are higher than a resort with far less people. It’s the same reason a city like New York has a more significant bed bugs problem as compared to Fargo.
Yes, it’s nothing to do with value but it’s a complete mental perception of the situation.

They were INSANELY AMAZING with the entire situation. Handled it well but it all started on my end, if you act calm and with respect you get treated the same way.

bubbles1812

Stayed at All-Star Sports In 2015. Likely will never go back to Sports or try any of the other All-Star results. They were fine but I just like the more homey/personalized/less tacky feeling of the moderates. PORS is what I consider our home resort nowadays and I love it.

I’ve loved the deluxes in the past but can’t generally justify the price in my head anymore to pay 400+ a night for a room I just sleep in. So they are overall out. That being said, I’m in Beach Club next month for two nights... but only cause I’m there two nights. I couldn’t/wouldn’t want to pay for a whole weeks worth.

Mainahman

Grand Floridian seems to stuffy to us, Wilderness lodge is on our bucket list someday, but thats about the only deluxe we would choose. The moderates seem too sprawling, plus at the end of the day, my wife and i just want a bed. Most times we grab a muffin for the bus ride from the food court. so POP works for us. Now with Skyliner coming, that makes it even more worth it to us. We just dont stay at the resort enough to warrant a big fancy room.

Joesixtoe

Man 2 of my dream resorts are the one's no one wants to go too lol. GF and Contemporary. Contemporary reminds me of a building out of the movie Bladerunner(favorite movie) and the GF I really enjoy all the.... umm grandness I guess I dunno, I just like it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom