What resort do you think you'll never stay at?

Plowboy

I can't get excited about any of the Monorail Hotels. The Contemporary doesn't do a thing for me. The Grand Floridian while beautiful just seems a little too stuffy. (We do enjoy visiting in the late afternoons and listening to the band and the piano player tho.). I've read many comments about the Poly being people's chance to visit a "Hawaiian" style hotel. We're from California and are fortunate enough to go to Maui yearly, so why do a substitute Hawaii when you can do the real one?

We've been coming to WDW for years. So far we've stayed at:

Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans (both Riverside and French Quarter), Pop, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Coronado Springs, Wilderness Lodge Villas, AKL (Jambo)

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can't get excited about any of the Monorail Hotels. The Contemporary doesn't do a thing for me. The Grand Floridian while beautiful just seems a little too stuffy. (We do enjoy visiting in the late afternoons and listening to the band and the piano player tho.). I've read many comments about the Poly being people's chance to visit a "Hawaiian" style hotel. We're from California and are fortunate enough to go to Maui yearly, so why do a substitute Hawaii when you can do the real one?

We've been coming to WDW for years. So far we've stayed at:

Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans (both Riverside and French Quarter), Pop, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Coronado Springs, & Wilderness Lodge Villas.

Beach
Wilderness
DAKL
Boardwalk
Yacht

...all others.

The monorail resorts are fine...but not for the prices. Poly and contemporary where built to be highly themed “normal” hotels...not “luxury”

Time doesn’t change that. Nothing screams $600 a night about those places. Especially exterior entry in the heat.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
GF. Seems too uppity.
I never thought I'd say at Contemporary due to the price but it had been my dream since riding the monorail through and the opportunity came up to stay there so I did last week.
Stayed CL with a theme park view.
It was absolutely worth it for the CL and view but the rooms themselves were nothing to write home about. they look very worn. Also it took a solid 4 minutes for the shower to get hot vs just lukewarm. The first morning my sister assumed I exaggerated since it stays hot after it gets hot. The second morning she was first in the shower and realized it was no joke.
I also love that once you're at the hotel you don't need to go outside. Everything is in that one building vs most resorts that have a main building and then all the rooms in other buildings.
I did not care for the buses though. Ran late and then all came at once so people were walking every which way to get to the bus they wanted.
I would consider staying again but since the view was the main draw it would have to be a theme park view again.
We did take very good advantage of the CL lounge though eating breakfast every day, dinner 3 days and dessert/drinks 3 days.
But its not totally necessary.

Herdman

likely any of the deluxe or villas. We just are not resort people. To us its just a bed to flop in. Maybe as we start going more for short trips, resort time will mean more, but right now were open to close people, so why pay for a room i wont be in.
But the way to do it is to rent DVC points. We are staying in a Boardwalk Studio Villa in May for about $200 cheaper than a stay at POFQ, our go to resort.

Tom P.

Another vote for the Grand Floridian. It's probably just my own hang up, but it feels way too stuffy for my taste. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I would much rather stay at the Contemporary, which just says iconic Walt Disney World to me. Who can not love the monorail going through the middle of the building?

Diesel Dan

Never say never but probably won't stay at the Deluxe or Mods. We are at the parks opening to closing so the Values and Camping @ Ft Wilderness are just fine. Only in the room to sleep & shower.

Last edited:

Shouldigo12

Original Poster
I'd second that. This is probably one resort I wouldn't stay at even if I had the money.
I'll third that. I'm sure the camp grounds are better than I'm imagining, but I just can't think of spending all day walking around and spending my evenings camping. More power to those who like it though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom