What resort do you think you'll never stay at?

ctcdisneymama

Grand Floridian. The grounds are gorgeous and so are the views but I have no desire to ever stay there. Would much prefer a stay at Poly.

And as far as the values go, I've stayed that them and didn't have any issues. We just wanted a place to sleep. Now in our upcoming trip with our daughter, we won't be staying there and have upgraded to the moderates. Having more resort/pool days definitely makes staying at the values undesirable.

CLEtoWDW

All of the values... location is horrible, bus lines give me anxiety, and far too many people.
All of the moderates... just don’t seem like a good value in my opinion.
Contemporary: ever since the addition of BLT the resort just always feels over crowded and loud. Not what I’m looking for in a vacation.
Saratoga Springs: I stayed in this area back in the “Disney Institute” days and I’ve never felt more removed from Disney property. Also, the layout seems so spread out and confusing... no thank you.

Hula Baloo

I agree that the Contemporary has a drab design. However, I will probably try to stay there once so I can mark it off my list. I can say for sure I will never stay at the Boardwalk. It's in a great location, but the theming is not for me. The Star Wars hotel will be a no for me too because of the design. I guess the theme of the hotel is important to me :)

Mainahman

likely any of the deluxe or villas. We just are not resort people. To us its just a bed to flop in. Maybe as we start going more for short trips, resort time will mean more, but right now were open to close people, so why pay for a room i wont be in.

Hcalvert

I tried to stay at a value once-All-Star Movies and lasted a few hours and ended up upgrading to CSR. I will not give values another shot. I rather stay offsite. I don't want to stay at SSR either.

deeevo

Just curious if anyone else has a resort that they can't ever see themselves staying at, even if money and other annoying issues like that weren't a factor ;) . For me it's the Contemporary. It just looks so drab and plain compared to all of the others. If I want to stay at a hotel that looks like every other, I'll save myself a few hundred dollars a night and go off site.

Used to be any of the All-Star's but now the rooms are being refurbished so that could change. GF and CR is very overrated in my opinion as far as price. I wouldn't stay at either of those when Poly is such a better option.

Dave B

We are trying to stay at them all, This is where we have stayed so far

Poly x2
Grand Floridian
Port Orleans Riverside
Caribbean Beach
All Star Movie
All Star Music---Family Suite
Art of Animation---Little Mermaid Room
PoP Century

we are getting there, but still have a few to go.

Can't wait for Wilderness Lodge and to try the in room Jacuzzi at Saratoga Springs

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There is literally zero reason to star at art of animation (the only one I never have stayed at).

Once the moderates cross $300...they add pointless as well. Not when you’ll be able to slide into DAKL or wilderness for not much more.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Have you walked around AKL? It is really nice and you can sometime get rooms for under $300 with AP discount... not my favorite by any means but it is a nice hotel just far from everything.
AKL is the most detailed, highest quality hotel Disney has ever constructed. They have the bills to prove it too.

I heard some guy say it at a dedication event.

Not going there is robbing yourself...just my opinion.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We are trying to stay at them all, This is where we have stayed so far

Poly x2
Grand Floridian
Port Orleans Riverside
Caribbean Beach
All Star Movie
All Star Music---Family Suite
Art of Animation---Little Mermaid Room
PoP Century

we are getting there, but still have a few to go.

Can't wait for Wilderness Lodge and to try the in room Jacuzzi at Saratoga Springs
In room
Jacuzzi??

You mean treehouses?

wdwfan22

Have you walked around AKL? It is really nice and you can sometime get rooms for under $300 with AP discount... not my favorite by any means but it is a nice hotel just far from everything.
I’m just not a fan of the animal theme. If a cheap enough room opened I might give it a try but there are so many deluxe resorts that I enjoy more that keeps me away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom