What resort do you think you'll never stay at?

Shouldigo12

Original Poster
Just curious if anyone else has a resort that they can't ever see themselves staying at, even if money and other annoying issues like that weren't a factor ;) . For me it's the Contemporary. It just looks so drab and plain compared to all of the others. If I want to stay at a hotel that looks like every other, I'll save myself a few hundred dollars a night and go off site.

BoarderPhreak

Any of the Value... Call me snobby, but ugh - I just can't. That said, the room refurbishments make them a lot more palatable than before.

I've stayed at most of the Moderate, and they're pretty decent. Not a fan of the curtains/barn doors over the bathroom area though. Getting ready without waking other family members is a pain.

Last edited:

Schneewittchen

Now that I've had a taste of deluxe (Boardwalk) and moderate (Caribbean Beach), I don't think I could ever do a value again.

So I've stayed at All-Star Movies a few times, but now I know I'll never stay at Pop, Art of Animation, All Star Music or All Star Sports.

Nottamus

We visited GF once, and like above, we were not drawn to it at all.

We ended up buying DVC, so there's quite a few I probably wont get the chance to stay in....

Janir

Just curious if anyone else has a resort that they can't ever see themselves staying at, even if money and other annoying issues like that weren't a factor ;) . For me it's the Contemporary. It just looks so drab and plain compared to all of the others. If I want to stay at a hotel that looks like every other, I'll save myself a few hundred dollars a night and go off site.
Probably same here. Contemporary. It could use some sort of a refresh. Might , MIGHT consider a BLT stay with DVC points, if that counts? But got just a ton of other places I'd like to try first.

Ponderer

Grand Floridian. I love the lobby, but all the rooms just scream "Land O'Doilies." I don't think I'd be into Saratoga Springs, either. The All-Stars are a little too Motel 8 for me at this point too.

I used to be mezzo mezzo on Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs, but now I'd be interested in both, and pretty much any of the other resorts. I've been to WDW three times, and so far I've stayed at:

All-Star Movies
Port Orleans (before it became French Quarter)
Wilderness Lodge
Pop Century

OneofThree

Probably Old Key West. Not because there's anything wrong with it, but because I just can't think of a good reason to. If I want to be over that way, I'm definitely staying POFQ, which I find gorgeous.

I agree with the OP that the Contemporary has lost some luster due to the passage of time. I will say that back in "the day" (early 80's, for me), it was just awe inspiring to see as kid.

Club Cooloholic

Probably the all stars. Nothing against them, but never went when we didn't have kids, haven't since we had them, I just don't see the room sizes working. I am also not a big fan of the Grand Floridian, the vibe and layout do nothing for me, but I might try it one day.

belledream

I mean, you could pay me to stay at any of the WDW resort hotels. I am a big fan of The Bubble. Out of the three monorail resorts, I am dying to stay at Grand Floridian one day. And I'd choose to stay at Contemporary over Polynesian. Both of which I definitely sense are unpopular opinions. :p But I LOVE the theme of GF, and appreciate that of Poly, but not so much that I'd give up the opportunity to walk to and from MK just like that.

And I like Values. ;)

Heppenheimer

The Grand Floridian. It's just simply too expensive for what you get. If you're paying 5 star prices, you'd better get 5 star amenities. The hotel might be beautiful, but the most expensive hotels in the world don't get away with charging a king's ransom based on their looks alone. They need to offer more services and perks.

I will also never stay at the Value Resorts. My tolerance for being immersed in under-supervised school trip groups is on the low side.

And it hasn't opened yet, but I have zero desire to stay in a fully-immersive Star Wars hotel. Because I'm an adult, mainly.

Wendy Pleakley

All Star Sports would be my least likely destination. Don't care for the theme, and I've been pretty happy with the moderate resorts.

I haven't stayed at a value resort since 2006, but I wouldn't rule it out completely. That was back in the day when you could stay at a value, and get the full free dining package, including appetizers and gratuities. Now that was a deal...

Heppenheimer

I almost can't believe all the disdain for the values. :oops:
In my case, its not about the resorts themselves. They look perfectly fine in terms of amenities, even though the designs are rather tacky. It's simply the fact that tour groups tend to book these hotels. My experience elsewhere is that large, under-supervised groups of teens and pre-teens tend to not put the same value in a quiet night of sleep that I prefer... and tend to dominate any space they occupy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom