• The Ride System

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Ellen and Bill Nye

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • The losing of another more "original" EPCOT Center Attraction

Votes: 39 41.9%

• Total voters

NickMaio

I love original epcot - - - - but the exxon commercials were the worst.
It needed an overhaul badly - - - - not too sure if I am excited for GOTG though.

Epcot has really lost its "soul" purpose, as well as Hollywood.
We need some serious streamlining of what these parks are REALLY about.

Studios new name should be Omnia Park - - - - - Those latin nerds will get what I'm on about:cool:

Honestly, I miss the soundtrack and design of the attraction. The rotating screens in the pre-show (at least before the Ellen refurb) were marvels. The subject of the show was presented in a dignified fashion, too. I wasn't around for its original incarnation but I was pleasantly surprised by the Ellen version, even if it was a remix of the original UoE. And the soundtrack!! I still listen to it every few days!

Maeryk

None of the above. Being stuck for half an hour under the T-rex and Stegosaurus fighting in the original first part of the ride!

(It was a great 45 minute air conditioned nap. But I don't have the whole nostalgia thing about Energy.)

Walt Disney1955

My son loves Dinosaurs. Obviously I took him to Universal this past trip too but one thing I missed was not going to Animal Kingdom for Dinosaur and of course this ride being gone.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Filter out the Exxon references from the original ride and its theme and message is still relevant today. The 1996 "addition" of the annoying Ellen and Bill Nye was terrible, nothing but a desperate attempt at trying to make the ride "hip" with a not-very-funny Ellen and whatever the hell Bill Nye pretends to be.

Cmdr_Crimson

Getting the free comic after riding the ride...I still have mine..
img_1356.jpg

The Empress Lilly

Grandeur. Universe was the grandest of them all.
Orginality. How many moving theaters will you ever go in now?
The EPCOTism of it all. The greatest concept ever, a sublime idea that still nobody understands, not even us fans.
Sheer show. Lasers! Fog! Flowing lava! Smellitzers! Riding on sunshine!
Every movie a new format: moving cubes, animation, live-action, lasers.

The two songs. 'Listen and you hear the heartbeat....'

Primeval world. 300 million years in six minutes. In it's own right one of the greatest, grandest, most immersive dark rides ever.

The Empress Lilly

Miss from Ellen?

Very little. Ellen was a garish overlay meant to make EPCOT palatable to idiots.

For redeeming factors, the music wasn't bad. The big bang opening was good. The radio show was quite clever. Best, looking back, it prolonged the lifespan of a divine EPCOT original by twenty years, unlike its brethren Horizons and WoM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom