What movies should Disney make next dealing with the parks?

CThaddeus

Strange, I was thinking about this just the other day. My first thought was: god, no more. But, then I started to think about The Tiki Room. I don't know why, and I somehow doubt a GOOD story could be written to explain the history behind the Tiki Room, the Tiki Gods, etc., but it seemed to be a perfect vehicle for animation - I'd prefer a more realistic, traditional hand-drawn film, but computers are fine, I suppose since they could use the actual birds in the attraction as scannable 3-D models. Or, it could even be with audio-animatronics. They might even be able to make a decent musical out of it, if they got the Sherman Brothers to write a few songs, borrowed some traditional Hawaiian songs, and of course use a few from the original show itself. After the final credits roll, a special treat for those of us who despise Under New Management - Iago and Zazu try to take over the show, and a Tiki God blasts them both into a million pieces ("Not on my watch you don't!").

Oh, and whatever you do, never wish that your movie idea will debut as a Disney Channel Original Movie. Do you REALLY WANT Raven to appear in it? Or sing in it? Or both? Egah.

PintoColvig

e4ymod said:
They should make a movie based on It's A Small World
And it will last at least 3 1/2 hours! :hammer: :D

jedimaster1227 said:
I think a cartoon film for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride would be great.

While they're at it, they could make movies inspired by Snow White's Scary Adventures, Peter Pan's Flight, and Mad Hatter's Tea Party Just kidding, of course. Mr. Toad was inspired by "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad" which Disney put out in 1949.

ofquietstars

MontyMon said:
African Queen was fictional. Audrey Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart starred in it. Boy do I feel old now!
Katharine Hepburn, not Audrey. ;)

A Jungle Cruise movie could be cool.

Orrr... Countdown to Extinction with Dr. Seeker and Dr. Marsh! Haha.

Namine78

Maybe one based off "Phantom Manor"...that'd be different.

And yes, I do want to see what goes on with "Jungle Cruise".

I'm still baffled as to why they greenlit "Country Bears"...it almost ruined Christopher Walken's career.

I'm in the majority that likes POTC, but also in the minority that likes "Haunted Mansion"...mainly for the British guy.

dazzer68

isnt it the other way round? movie first then the ride...
not sure but i think the rides in original wdw were based on films not rides then turned in to films....but if you insist how about the teacup ride gets it very own movie! or remake haunted mansion properly with out eddie init,or a disney western ?

jedimaster1227

An Everest/Matterhorn movie would be very cool!

My idea for that is very much like Surface- Yeti's all around the world are appearing on mountains, slowing migrating towards lower ground, and in the process ravaging the people they face.

The film would star Jeff Goldblum as the scientist and Sam Neill as another scientist (Sorry, but they were great in the Jurassic Park films).

MeTa

Now heres a movie from the likes of finding neverland, make one about Walt Disney himself and his quest to build was we know today. The rides movies are too commercial now, they build up to be these great movies and then SPLAT....nothin.

jedimaster1227

MeTa said:
Now heres a movie from the likes of finding neverland, make one about Walt Disney himself and his quest to build was we know today. The rides movies are too commercial now, they build up to be these great movies and then SPLAT....nothin.

Except Pirates, that was amazing, and so will it's sequels!

phillipsa9

i think theres a perfect movie waiting to be made about... The Monorail, specifically the ride to epcot... yeah that would be great.... it would seem as though something was going to go wrong with the monorail and there would be a big disaster... you'd meet all different characters, different conductors and passengers... and the suspense would build until the day was over and nothing happened thats the movie...

or instead of the monorail it could be a wdw bus... with a bomb on it... and the bomb only detinates if the bus shows up at resorts on time.... maybe sandra bullock could star?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom