What kind of discounts will we expect starting Mid July?

The_Jobu

I'm going to have to move my late May reservation that I got at the summer discount price. Do you think they would honour the discount when I move to September?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s a fascinating question we will have to gauge as things unfold.

I’m thinking it depends on the state Disney is in? As in they may not heavily discount and bring all the staff back early. What if they reopened DAK and MK and didn’t the others to limit early operational cost? Open hotels as needed...slow roll?

I keep coming back to “unprecedented”...

We have no idea who/how many will be able to pay at this point...

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
It’s a fascinating question we will have to gauge as things unfold.

I’m thinking it depends on the state Disney is in? As in they may not heavily discount and bring all the staff back early. What if they reopened DAK and MK and didn’t the others to limit early operational cost? Open hotels as needed...slow roll?

I keep coming back to “unprecedented”...

We have no idea who/how many will be able to pay at this point...

Disney did do themselves a major favor by doing two things. First having big data available for them to make these decisions. Their current promotions run through early September and DVC reservations are 7 and 11 months out, so they have a pretty good idea what to expect over the Summer in terms of crowds.

Second they've focused on the rich as their target audience. So the guest who is not affected greatly by any economic disruptions caused by this event will likely not change any plans made.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney did do themselves a major favor by doing two things. First having big data available for them to make these decisions. Their current promotions run through early September and DVC reservations are 7 and 11 months out, so they have a pretty good idea what to expect over the Summer in terms of crowds.

Second they've focused on the rich as their target audience. So the guest who is not affected greatly by any economic disruptions caused by this event will likely not change any plans made.

No question this nonsensical “luxury” push will help them...some.

But the counter to that is who perceives they have “more to lose”? This is basic sociology/anthropology....those with money tend to be more risk averse to basic instinctual gambles.

I’m not sure the DVC will put their “bodies where their money is”...for sure. They may not charge the gates.

But it’s still all conjectural.

Last edited:

The_Jobu

Which promotion goes through September? Right now I only see the current summer promo of April to June.

wdwfan22

Discounts only run through July 9th right now. I would look for another 25% off select room type to be released soon. Disneyland just released theirs Yesterday.

celluloid

Yea, they'll definitely be coming. This is gonna be a huge hit to Disney. Bigger than 9/11 and possibly bigger than the 2009 economic crisis.

I think so as well. At least in a sense that this specifically targets the entertainment industry with places like theaters closing and entertainment having to halt so much production that would usually help when one division of the company is doing well. Cruiseline makes more profit than the parks and that is hurting too. Not to mention broadway and touring ice shows and many other smaller resort venues that support the company. Even when the China parks reopening they are a Jungle Cruise sinking ship of profit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom