What kind of coffee maker is in the refurbished rooms at All Star Movies?

CinderAbby

Original Poster
I know that All Star Movies has coffee makers now but I was wondering what kind it has. I've tried looking it up and from a model I found on Amazon that looks to be the same one, it looks like it takes what it's calling "pods" but it looks like a little pillow type of pod versus the K-cups which some sites are also calling pods. Has anyone stayed and actually used it - or looked at it enough to know? Next question, if I can't find the "pillow pods" as I'll call them (if that's the type it takes) how well does it heat up water if we want to use something like instant coffee or even hot chocolate?

ilovelabs2021

When we stayed in a refurbed room at Pop the coffee makers took the "pillow pods" you refer to; they were provided. There were not Keurig machines. I am assuming that Movies would be the same since it is a very similar refurb.

BASS

If coffee is important for you-and I guess it is because you're asking about it!-do yourself a favor and bring a travel french press and some pre-ground coffee beans from home. That's what I do because it's important for me too! I'm not sure if covid has changed it, but all of the hotels always had hot water at the soda/water stations.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I know that All Star Movies has coffee makers now but I was wondering what kind it has. I've tried looking it up and from a model I found on Amazon that looks to be the same one, it looks like it takes what it's calling "pods" but it looks like a little pillow type of pod versus the K-cups which some sites are also calling pods. Has anyone stayed and actually used it - or looked at it enough to know? Next question, if I can't find the "pillow pods" as I'll call them (if that's the type it takes) how well does it heat up water if we want to use something like instant coffee or even hot chocolate?
What is the question exactly? You don't need to bring your own coffee.

MaryJaneP

As someone who has experienced the absolute devotion some have to brewing their own unique combination or flavor of coffee, it seems as though the original poster wants to brew their own blend and is asking what type of pod the All Star Movies coffee makers use. Is it the usual Keurig K-cup pod or some (possibly propritery) style? They simply want to bring their own coffee pods and are checking to see what type of pod fits in the All Star Movie in-room coffee machines. Doesn't seem that obtuse.

Rob562

As someone who has experienced the absolute devotion some have to brewing their own unique combination or flavor of coffee, it seems as though the original poster wants to brew their own blend and is asking what type of pod the All Star Movies coffee makers use. Is it the usual Keurig K-cup pod or some (possibly propritery) style? They simply want to bring their own coffee pods and are checking to see what type of pod fits in the All Star Movie in-room coffee machines. Doesn't seem that obtuse.

We haven't stayed on-site at Disney in a while, but over at Universal we've started to bring a small supply of k-cups with us. The standard supply given by Housekeeping is four: 2 french roast, 1 decaf and 1 green tea. We're caffeine addicts, so that's not enough.

Some mornings, especially when we've been out late at Horror Nights the night before, we want more than 1 cup each in the room. We've tried notes to the housekeeper asking for more. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. So we started just bringing our own to supplement the in-room supply.

-Rob

MaryJaneP

It is telling as we prepare for our drive to WDW, to spread out the stuff to pack in our dining room. Prominent in the materials to be packed is the combination grinder-brewer and a sufficient supply of beans to be ground/brewed. Not an imbiber myself, but you know what would happen if we got there sans coffee machine. After wiping down stuff, first thing unpacked is coffee machine.

Edited to add "along with a healthy supply of non-sulphur water"

Last edited:

Clamman73

Even though they’re called pods, they’re more like flat coffee pads.

MaryJaneP

Even though they’re called pods, they’re more like flat coffee pads.
Thank you for info.

TrainsOfDisney

As others have said - if it’s the same as Pop Century they use the Joffreys “flat pillow” type pods. They are basically large coffee tea bags.

I actually use the Joffreys pods to make my own cold brew with bottled water - so I can’t tell you how well the coffee maker itself works but I would assume it heats the water adequately.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Can confirm coffee pods.

DE895845-D9AE-4DB6-909F-CF7EADE165E9.jpeg

Maelstrom Troll

I am the guy on a Dis Cruise on deck 9 with a cup of hot water doing a makeshift pour over so I get it 🤣 I don’t have that much time at the parks so I usually pack some Via which is passable👍🏼

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom