What is your prediction on when we will see Dining Plans come back?

Prince-1

No, It’s a fact. The food quality has declined since DDP. It’s not even open for debate. I can tell you something else people didn’t dress like losers at sig places until DDP hit. It has only got worse. If you take the YM Steakhouse, it’s gone from a very very good steakhouse to the 99 with dudes in wide beaters.

Apparently you don’t the definition between a fact and an opinion. And while I agree with you guess what, it’s still does not make it a fact.

Jon81uk

If the DDP was not around, then prices would come down/quality up and people would not have to pass up artificially inflated prices for mediocre food.

Now that they have gone up, I don't think prices will come back down in general, but hopefully quality could improve. It feels like the buffet prices that are most out of control so maybe they would go down, but has Disney ever cut prices?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
You guys may be right about the price hikes and quality due to the DDP. I mean the price hikes seem like they would have happened regardless. I mean look at EVERYTHING else in the parks including the parks ticket prices and hotels. As far as quality I feel like the food I eat in Disney is far superior to most high end restaurants local to me.

I have very few just "meh" meals in Disney. It's usually when I try a 1 credit spot for the first time.Or go back to one I have not ate at in a few years. The last signature spot I ate at and did not care for was Citrico's in 2015.

DVCakaCarlF

I hate the DDP...I can’t stand the people who are at the register trying to figure out why their “side of grey poupon” doesn’t count as a snack...”tell grandma to add another slice of pizza cause she has too many credits”...”what do you mean this isn’t on the DDP”....and on and on and on...I witnessed a physical altercation at Beach Club MP because this of a teenager wanted to keep going back and forth between the register and the counter to get something, and the guy holding two pizzas was yelling at him to move along.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I hate the DDP...I can’t stand the people who are at the register trying to figure out why their “side of grey poupon” doesn’t count as a snack...”tell grandma to add another slice of pizza cause she has too many credits”...”what do you mean this isn’t on the DDP”....and on and on and on...I witnessed a physical altercation at Beach Club MP because this ******* of a teenager wanted to keep going back and forth between the register and the counter to get something, and the guy holding two pizzas was yelling at him to move along.

You can say the same thing about people on day 6 of their trip and still can't remember how to or which finger to scan to get into the park.

jmunzert

I think for me the DP is the laziness of it, I can purchase it then not have to think about it again, plus I get a thrill seeing how far I can push the snack credits AND I get a rush grabbing that $20 can of beer to go with my QS that I normally would never buy. I have a trip planned next month and sadly I'm struggling with the ...HOW DO WE DO THIS? gift cards linked to magic bands then, whaaaaaat?( I know I will figure it out, but ...SO LAZY ) Sorry Kona Longboard, maybe next time

Jon81uk

HOW DO WE DO THIS? gift cards linked to magic bands then, whaaaaaat?( I know I will figure it out, but ...SO LAZY ) Sorry Kona Longboard, maybe next time

If it helps you cannot link gift cards with magic bands.
You can use a magic band to charge to your hotel room account.
You can use a gift card to pay down the balance on the room account.

Although I agree, I would never order certain things if I didn't have a dining plan, but I also wouldn't pay for the plan any more, we only take it because it is "free" on the UK offer.

jmunzert

If it helps you cannot link gift cards with magic bands.
You can use a magic band to charge to your hotel room account.
You can use a gift card to pay down the balance on the room account.

Although I agree, I would never order certain things if I didn't have a dining plan, but I also wouldn't pay for the plan any more, we only take it because it is "free" on the UK offer.
oh shoot , thank you for the info, I don't trust myself charging to the room, we did that for the first time this past March and in my mind I equated it to : FREE, again this is on me I need change my way of thinking about it. I guess on the one hand my kitchen cabinets will thank me for not squeezing any more resort refillable mugs into them ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom