What is your LEAST favorite Disney Resort?

Mia's Daddy

I personally will NEVER go back to Coronado Springs. I know I tick a lot of people off when I say this, but I absolutely hate that resort. It is too big ( I know it is for conventions). I do not like the food court. And SOME of the castmembers who worked there were soooo rude. And I can go on and on and on, but I want to know what you guys think. So what resort do ya hate?

Pioneer Hall

I guess I don't really dislike resorts, but there are some that I wouldn't stay at (only because there are so many others to choose from).

I don't really like the All-Stars or Coronado Springs. But I would sooner stay at one of those before going off property. So although they aren't my favorite Disney resorts, they aren't terrible places either.

Upvote 0

disneyisbest

Well If I had to pick one I guess it would be the Grand Floridian. Not that I dislike the resort itself. It just seems to attract a lot of snobbish people.

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

I've stayed at both Coronado Springs and Ft. Wilderness this spring and had a great time. With close to 2,000 rooms, not every person is going to have a great guest experience every night, but it must do very well since it was sold slap out the first night of my trip and I couldn't add one additional night (hence, the stay at FW Cabins).

Most people know going in that All-stars and now Pop Century are low price and don't expect 5 star resort amenities, so many, many people love the All-Stars for what they ARE (Lower cost + Disney transportation, cast members and guest benefits (early admission, etc.)).

You want to talk about least favorite, just head over to US 192 or International Drive.

Upvote 0

GrumpysGal

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
I guess I don't really dislike resorts, but there are some that I wouldn't stay at (only because there are so many others to choose from).

I don't really like the All-Stars or Coronado Springs. But I would sooner stay at one of those before going off property. So although they aren't my favorite Disney resorts, they aren't terrible places either.

I completely agree with you 100%. It's exactly what I think. :)

Upvote 0

Yenfid

I don't "Dislike" a resort, but I did not like how Coronado Springs was laid out. And to wait to be seated in the food court???? Come one. Also, I like Caribbean Beach, it was nice, but the people working there were very rude. Mostly in the food court. I was a CM, from the stores, and the CM's there did not want to honor my CM discount. That ticked me off and I haven't been back since.

French Quarter is my resort of choice anyway.

Upvote 0

figmentfan

I love all the resorts on Disney Property.

But there are some that I choose not to stay at, because of past experiences:

Coronado Springs-because of the layout and the food court.

All-Stars-I like the themeing, but the layout is so big. It takes a long time to get to the food court and buses. Also, the buses are always crowed because of one bus stop and so many people staying there.

After staying at a Deluxe Resort (i.e. Contemporary), I can't stay at the All-Stars again! I am spoiled.

Upvote 0

GrumpysGal

Although I kinda dislike Coronado Springs the most, I think the best part of it is the food court. I am surprised some of you think otherwise. My BF and I really enjoy their variety of foods. And each time we go, the CM's are so helpful. But I just don't feel the Disney MAGIC touch when I arrive there. That's really my biggest issue.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

The Value Resorts are all my least favorites. I think Disney could have done better than standard motel squares with giant things stuck to them. And, for the price you pay, you deserve getting more than a pool and a teeny tiny room with only one sink. Your standard hotels give you more and at a cheaper price. At the Values, you get extremely minimal services and amenities, just pay extra for the Disney name. You belong getting a slide, a family restaurant, recreation, a slightly larger room, and double sinks.

But, yes, I would stay at a Value if that were my only option before going off-site.

I do not, however, think that I would ever stay at Coronado b/c of the bad stories I have heard about that place, especially the food court "tippages" and specific layout for conventioneers. And the West theme is DEF. not for me! Ahh, oh well.

Upvote 0

Laura

I have stayed at all 3 all star resorts, and I didn't think any of them were spectacular. The fact that after a long day at Disney you get off the bus at your hotel and then have to walk another mile just to get to your room was a killer. And I don't like the crowdedness, and I HATE how 1 bus stops at all 3 resorts so by the time they get to movies it's standing room only.

However, for the price, they are still better than I expected. And I love the theming.

I am going to check out Pop Century in July - I think the fact that they laid it out better so everyone is closer to the busses and the fact that the bus only has that one hotel to stop at will make it a much better place to stay. (Although I'm not using Disney transportation this time so it won't affect me).

Upvote 0

awallaceunc

I've been to my fair share of WDW resorts, thought certainly not all of them. Of the ones I've been to, by FAR the worst is Coronodo Springs. It's just like any other hotel, just with a nicer exterior. Inside, it's plain and musty, and blah! Big disappointment.

I've never had a bad experience w/ any other WDW resort, nothing but great remarks! I've stayed at the All-Star Movies resort, and would pick it over CS ever time!

-Aaron

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Originally posted by Laura22
I have stayed at all 3 all star resorts, and I didn't think any of them were spectacular. The fact that after a long day at Disney you get off the bus at your hotel and then have to walk another mile just to get to your room was a killer. And I don't like the crowdedness, and I HATE how 1 bus stops at all 3 resorts so by the time they get to movies it's standing room only.

However, for the price, they are still better than I expected. And I love the theming.

I am going to check out Pop Century in July - I think the fact that they laid it out better so everyone is closer to the busses and the fact that the bus only has that one hotel to stop at will make it a much better place to stay. (Although I'm not using Disney transportation this time so it won't affect me).

Pop Century has over 900 more rooms than each All-Star. Pop has half the amount of rooms as the 3 all stars (2880 vs. 5760).

You've got a great chance of walking farther at Pop than you do at Movies. Music's going to have the longest walk, Sports somewhere in between if you get Baseball or Tennis.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Well, although we have stayed there many times, I dislike ASMovies the most. There is always this smell...like moldy, wet animal waste near the pools...and the smell lingers around the whole resort...ESPECIALLY in the stairwells. Yuck! I can still smell it!!!

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Originally posted by crazygirley
Well, although we have stayed there many times, I dislike ASMovies the most. There is always this smell...like moldy, wet animal waste near the pools...and the smell lingers around the whole resort...ESPECIALLY in the stairwells. Yuck! I can still smell it!!!

Movies just finished a major rehab of it's main pool and deck area.

Upvote 0

NemoRocks78

Seized
The resorts I dislike the most are the All-Stars. Just staying there makes me feel like I'm at a motel. They're always crowded and I too hate having to stop at all 3 resorts. (Though on my last weekend trip I did wind up staying at Music because we called Disney and they said the moderates were full and we didn't want to stay at a deluxe just for a night. That time though I did enjoy the stay somewhat, because it didn't feel very crowded, there were no school groups except for a few teens going to Grad Nite, and there was no wait for the buses).

Haven't tried Pop Century yet, though I hear it's better than the All-Stars.

Upvote 0

lamarvenoy

The Wilderness Lodge! I only stayed there once but somehow I got put in the DVC member lodge at the very last room on the left. This room was the size of a cruiseship inside cabin! It had 2 twin beds and was unbelievably small...I was MAD,but was told there were no other rooms available. I am not kidding when I say it was smaller then my bathroom.Also, it was at the end of the longest hallway in the world. It would almost give me Vertigo to look at the end. The parking was a good 1/2 mile walk from our room and the hallways felt more like a scene from the Shining then a Disney hotel. The Lobby was really pretty but the rest of my stay was terrible. 2 nights at $209 per night = The biggest waste of money....ever. It ruined me forever on that place,I wouldn't go back now if it was $50/night.

Upvote 0

JET12monorail

:( I definately agree that the All-Star Resorts are my least favorite followed by the Coronado Sprins Resort simply because of the amount of time it takes to walk to the bus stop. Heck You virtually need to have a renta car to take you to the food cout to refill your soda. It's Disney----- If you got the money to go there, spring for a deluxe room with a discounted rate. It'll be weel worth the money.

Oh yeah, the bus thing too--------

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom