What is your "Getaway" spot at the Parks?

belledream

Is this to the right or to the left as you cross the bridge? There's gorillas on both sides. I love watching the "bachelor gorillas" on the left. They remind me so much of the middle school boys I used to teach-one day one of the gorillas had a blanket that he loved. He'd carefully spread it out, then sit on it. But as soon as he got up, the other gorillas would sneak up behind him, grab his blanket and hide it.
Left side gorilla for sure! :)
DSC06019.JPG

epcotisbest

Two places stand out for me, and they are both in Epcot. First is the lovely gardens along the walkway to Le Cellier at Canada.
The other is any of the benches along World Showcase that look out over the water toward Spaceship Earth.

KaliSplash

In the Magic Kingdom, there is (or at least used to be, haven't been in a few years,) a quiet area over near the old Skyway station in Tomorrowland, with rest rooms and shade and benches.
At Epcot, the area by the river in France is a nice quiet area. (Or at least, it used to be, there going toward the water between the perfume shops. Not sure if construction has taken over there.)
At the studios, the area near the Indiana Jones shop near PrimeTime feels somewheat remote.
At the Animal Kingdom, the path from Pandora to Africa is a good one.

ppet

I agree with the people mover, But when i need to set and cool off and just relax a little I jump on the CoP. At EPCOT a nice relaxing ride on SE is how I relax. At animal kingdom I rest along the edge of the water between Asia and Pandora. At HS I just don't relax:oops:

JIMINYCR

MK.. Train station overlooking Main Street USA, the Cinderella wishing well area.
EP.. The quiet Gardens behind United Kingdom.
DHS.. The quiet area just outside the ToT gift shop past the Joffreys coffee kiosk.
AK.. The shady covered area just outside the Dinosaur attraction.

All these spots tend to be quiet and guest free most of the time, and provide some respite from the heat and sun.

graphite1326

Outside Germany in EPCOT. The benches near the lake with a beer in hand while the wife shops. Hall of the Presidents for some cooling off and a nap, which usually isn't planned.

zurgandfriend

The lobby of my resort. Grand Floridian, wilderness lodge, Polynesian etc. I love to sit there in the morning with my coffee watching people while waiting for my DW to get up and get going.

CLEtoWDW

First of all... what a great thread idea!
EPCOT:
Living with the Land- it’s such a gentle attraction and going through the greenhouse and looking at all the vegetation is so relaxing IMO

MK: second floor Harbor House. It’s gotten busier recently than it used to be as I think the secret is out but it still brings back wonderful memories of all my family vacations to WDW.

HS: not sure this counts but I love the walk from the EPCOT Resorts to HS. I love watching the Friendship Boats go by.

AK: the queue inside E:E. The scenery is just so incredible and I honestly forget how long I’ve been waiting in queue.

mf1972

MK-another vote for that section of harbor house. also nice to relax at the tomorrowland terrace.

Epcot-sunshine seasons even though it’s noisy. sitting outside rose & crown if a table is free.

HS/AK-nothing comes to mind right now.

DS-sitting in a bench overlooking the lake with saratoga springs on the other side

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom