What is your favorite WDW resort and why?

GoofyRacer11

Mine would be between Animal Kingdom Lodge and The Polynesian.

Even though I have not stayed at the Polynesian yet, I have spent s lot time taking in the ambiance there. Which is why i am finally going to stay there in October.

Upvote 0

Missymoe4

Contemporary! Most definitely for me.

Staff has always been above and beyond (making you feel like royalty),it is clean and looking out your window to see the castle every morning is a dream you'll remember for life.

Plus, you can walk to the MK, or take the monorail. Chef Mickey's is right there, great "beach", two pools (one "quiet" for 'adults')...although, they used to have an awesome, super huge game room... (I have a memorable story about the car racing games and men spending more time racing than on their honeymoon. Those were intense).

The theming is easy, "hip" and very streamlined. For families, it has always been easy to get around both the resorts and the rooms.

If I had enough money to stay there all of the time, I would in a heart beat.

My brother always jokes around stating: "If I ever become a millionaire I would buy a room out of the Contemporary Tower. It would be my home for life." Ah, dreams....

However, since I cannot afford the Contemp (as it is called within my household) I think POR is pretty swell as well. It is quiet, serene and the cute brer rabbit theme in our room made me feel at "home," constantly reminding me of 'taking the plunge' on Splash Mountain.

My problem is that because I love these two resorts so much that I'm afraid to try something new.

Upvote 0

MillerPoppins

I truly love CBR for the style and how gorgeous everything is. But All Star Movies is the one I have stayed at the most. I really, really want to stay at BC and Polynesian.

Upvote 0

forevermickey

I as well love the CBR, for many reasons. I love the layout, never minded walking the distance to port royal, love the upbeat, vibrant feel of Port Royal. Love that there are many pools to choose from so there is no over crowding. Love the new main pirate pool and the 0 feel walk into the pool. Having said that, I have not stayed at any other resorts. I have booked a stay at the WL in Sept. Though everyone says we will love it, I think we will miss CBR just a little.
Love the Poly lobby, the smell, the feel of the air and the theme. Love the Kona Cafe.

Upvote 0

wendysue

We love CBR the most, but also love to stay at POP to save hundreds of dollars to spend on other things. (like longer stays for the same price):ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Erin_Akey

I have stayed at almost every resort, and although I adore Caribbean Beach Resort, I have to say that when we go for long trips, the 12-14 day trips, we LOVE Pop Century. For the price, you just cannot beat it and it has great ammeities. Especially for people like us who spend so little time at the resort.

Pop also has its own bus and does not share like the All Stars do.

Animal Kingdom Lodge was nice, but the decor was WAYYYY too dark for me. I did enjoy the savannah view room, but for the difference in price, the animals were only out VERY early and at dusk.

Caribbean Beach is prob my fave. I love the theme.

Upvote 0

MarkTwain

When my family goes down to WDW, I usually push to stay one of two places with our DVC points.

First, the Wilderness Lodge. The theming is so immersive, probably among the best non-park theming Disney has ever done. It feels so alive with old-fashioned craftmanship and western American heritage (both contrived, of course). And the lobby and surrounding grounds and pool are magnificent.

Then, there's the Boardwalk. It's wonderful because of its energy, with all of the shops, entertainers, and surreys up and down the pier. And I love the turn-of-the-century New England architecture. When combined with the YC/BC complex, this probably makes for the most fun place to be at WDW that's not in a theme park.

These are the resorts I always prefer to stay at when we go. But my dad prefers Saratoga Springs, and my mother loves the new Contemporary Bay Lake Tower, so we usually end up alternating favorites. :lol: Fortunately it's Boardwalk next visit. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

ABigBrassBand

I favor 2:

Dolphin Resort: Maybe its the fact that I've stayed here so many times its grown on me, but this resort is amazing. I absolutely love the fountains outside and always feel like home once I get here. Not a deluxe resort, but sure feels like the GF. However, the location isn't optimal, because besides me everybody loves MK and not EPCOT. There is MGM, but we usually take a bus to the MK.

Polynesian. I've only stayed at this one once, it was our first time staying on the monorail circle and I loved it. Breakfast at Kona was awesome, and the birthday breakfast that I had was delicious! Plus you gotta love the monorail transportation to my favorite park--EPCOT! And theres transportation to the MK also. Overall I just love the Tiki hawaiian theme :)

Upvote 0

Walle

I love POR. :) Everytime I stay there, my family requests the mansions,front room, facing the river and it's perfect! Also, I feel like I stepped into "Gone With The Wind"! This resort is so beautiful and I love the boats and carriage rides. The boats are the best way to get to Downtown Disney. Absolutley love it!!!

My second favorite is All Star Movies. I love Fantasia and it feels like Disney. I stay there when POR is too much.

Upvote 0

wdwwdeagle

Similar to zurgandfriend, my goal is to stay at every deluxe. So far we've hit them all except GF (next month!) and BC.

My favorite has been Polynesian, but I can honestly say I would stay at any of the others again in a heartbeat, except WL. WL just didn't do anything for us for some reason.

Why Poly? Location, tropical theming, beach, monorail, water launch, electrical water pageant, large rooms, good restaurants. It really has it all, imho.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I'd rank mine (ones we've stayed at) as follows:

1.Wilderness Lodge
2.Grand Floridian
3.All Star Movies
4.Polynesian
5.All Star Sports
6.All Star Music
7.Port Orleans Riverside
8.Pop Century
9.Caribbean Beach Resort
10.Old Key West

Upvote 0

Cubs Brian

Mine would be as follows(again ones I've stayed in)

1-AKLV
2- Wilderness Lodge
3-Port Orleans French Quarter
4- Old Key West
5-Pop
6-Ft. Wilderness
7- Poly
8- Y&B Club Resorts
9- Saratoga Springs
10 CBR

Upvote 0

disneyaholic86

1. AKL - the lobby is jaw-dropping every time I have stayed there, the decor is perfect and my aunt works at the pool bar
2. Poly - spacious room, view of MK, the waterfall in the lobby, 24 hr. dole whips
3. Pop - great price, the resort bleeds fun
4. Wilderness - the fireplace, the boat ride to MK
5. All-Star Resorts (1. Movies, 2. Music, 3. Sports) - Movies - exudes Disney all the way especially my favorite Pixar film Toy Story, - Music - fun and unique, Sports - not my thing, but still fun and good memories
6. POR - stayed there when it was Dixie Landings and POR, the different buildings makes repeated visits feel brand new
7. CBR - I love the beach, but all the walking ruins the feeling of relaxation - I would like to stay in one of the Pirate themed rooms
8. Coronado Springs - the best thing about the resort was the churros
9. Fort Wilderness Cabin - I didn't feel like I was in Disney at all, felt secluded from everything

In less than 3 weeks, I will be able to update my list. We are staying at the Contemp. after being spoiled by the monorail.

Upvote 0
Of the ones that we have stayed in:

For Deluxe it would have to be WL. I love the lobby and I love the convenience of taking the boat to MK.

For Mod it would have to be CBR. I love everything about that resort. We've stayed at all of the mods and have decided that we will always go back to CBR when we stay mod in the future.

For Value ... hard choice. I'm not a fan of either of the values that we have stayed in although I did like the food court at Pop last May.

Upvote 0

sleepybear

That's a hard question! So I'm going to cheat. For theme, I go with AKL. For lobby, my favorite is still WL. And for view, nothing tops a 12th Floor Magic Kingdom view at the Contemporary. We always have trouble deciding where to stay, and this upcoming trip is no different.

Upvote 0

ftwildcmpr

My family's favorite is Fort Wilderness hands down. We have camped there many times in our travel trailer. We love the atmosphere there. It is like a community in itsself. We like being able to cook our own meals and just being in nature. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom