What is your favorite sit-down dinner restaurant in the Magic Kingdom?

What is your favorite sit-down dinner restaurant in the Magic Kingdom?

• Liberty Tree Tavern

Votes: 44 24.6%
  • Cinderella's Royal Table

Votes: 36 20.1%
  • Crystal Palace

Votes: 74 41.3%
  • The Plaza Restaurant

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • Tony's Town Square Restaurant

Votes: 19 10.6%

• Total voters

castevens

Original Poster
I'm very interested to find the answer to this poll, as it is not covered by the poll board on WDWMagic. I have "only" taken 7 trips to WDW (and 1 to DLR) and back when I went with my parents, we didn't eat too often in the parks at sit-down restaurants. Also, we didn't eat often at the resorts, and many of the times we went, we didn't even stay at the on-property resorts.

Well, this past August, I went with my now-fiancee (where I proposed during Wishes) and we stayed on property at POFQ and had the free dining. She was very proactive at scheduling where we would eat after doing much research. We had some VERY nice meals, but often times on this board I hear of people loving places that I had previously not even heard of.

Therefore, I wanted to poll the boards as to their favorite restaurants in the specific areas of Disney. First up: What is your favorite sit-down dinner restaurant in the Magic Kingdom?

castevens

Original Poster
I'd like to eventually do this for all parks and overall for resorts and DTD....maybe using the results as a seeding system to create a bracket to see what people vote as the best restaurants in the resort...

DizneyPryncess

I put CRT for overall experience purposes. :)
I've had better food at other places, but for me, nothing beats eating in a castle. I'm interested to see what the results are for this.

While all of these choices are great, we have found that Tony's has really good food. When not on the dining plan, my daughter and I will share a spaghetti and meatballs meal because the portion is so large. My son, who doesn't like pasta much, always orders the steak and he raves about it. Also, it is a beautiful spot where we've yet to have a bad seat. The atrium area near town square is particularly nice, especially if you can get a seat near the window. We've watched a few parades from there and it is truly magical!

RussJT

I said Crystal Palace. I have two kids (6 & 9) and they love the characters. We start the first full day of every trip there before the park opens (8 AM ADR) and enjoy the walk down Main Street without the crowds. The breakfast buffet is very good, and we like the dinner beffet a lot, too.

It is most special to us however, because it signifies the start of our week at Disney.

Brwneyedgirl72

I think that all of the sit-down restaurants in MK are pretty disappointing on the whole. Food quality is not that great, but if pressed to choose, probably Crystal Palace.

yankspy

I think that all of the sit-down restaurants in MK are pretty disappointing on the whole. Food quality is not that great, but if pressed to choose, probably Crystal Palace.
I would have to somewhat agree. I picked the Plaza since they have a good reuben and a great malt. King Stefan's used to be such a nice sit down meal until they changed it. The place on Main Street used to be a great place to have breakfast before it was called Tony's.

sueuk

We love the Liberty Tree Tavern, but - having no kids we prefer a late lunch as there are no characters (therefore less kids and a little bit quieter).

SchultzFamily

I'd have to pick two. Crystal Palace for breakfast and the Plaza for either lunch/early dinner. We do the Crystal Paalce every year and the Plaza is our last meal at Disney before we head to the airport.

castevens

Original Poster
I'd have to pick two. Crystal Palace for breakfast and the Plaza for either lunch/early dinner. We do the Crystal Paalce every year and the Plaza is our last meal at Disney before we head to the airport.

And that's why I allowed respondants to pick two :)

Thanks for your contributions, everyone. I contacted WDWMagic regarding doing an actual bracket using seeds from each of the polls (I haven't posted any of the other polls yet because I don't want to flood this forum with all of them at once), and picking the top restaurants at the entire WDW Resort. We'll see, I think it will be fun AND informative.

NewfieFan

Crystal Palace... love the food (buffet is good with lots of choice), love the characters (who doesn't love Pooh!?!), and love the atmosphere.

I usually go for an early lunch (11:30 or so). We pick a day that we're hitting the MK early and then we plan for lunch at the CP. It's such a nice place to sit and relax after a fun filled morning in the MK. And the buffet isn't that busy if you go for an early lunch.

kramden88

I agree. For good table dining in the parks I've always gone to Epcot or DHS. Cinderella's Royal Table may have been worth it at one time but now is absolutely not worth the money. However, Crystal Palace has pretty good character dining and decent food, as far as buffets are concerned. And I find that the Plaza Restaurant is often overlooked as quite good dining.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
^^agreed

It USED to be King Steffans. Yes, King Steffans - the quality of the food @ CRT has WAYYYYY declined over the years

THEN it was LTT - until they took my characters away.

Now I'll settle for Crystal Palace, I'm not a big Pooh and Friends fan, but it'll have to do.

:shrug:

GenerationX

Liberty Tree Tavern has the best food and wonderfully detailed theming. When it had characters, it would have been my only choice. Instead, I've chosen both the LTT and the Crystal Palace. The food's not as good at the Crystal Palace, but the place is beautiful and the characters are fun.

pacochran

While we enjoyed Crystal Palace I like Liberty Tree Tavern better, but that was when they had Characters, which added to everything.

daverube

The wife and I won't eat at any of the table service restaurants in the MK. We always opt to park hop for dinner and go to one of the following:

1.) Cali. Grill
2.) Le Cellier
3.) Rose and Crowne
4.) Chefs de France (before the quality took a nosedive)

We also enjoy the afternoon Tea at the GF, but I don't know if you can use your meal plan there. Regardless, I suggest trying it out.

my 2 cents...

dave

CBug88

I enjoy LLT the most b/c of the wonderful food (esp fried cheese) and the atmosphere in general. I do miss birch beer though :(.

And I have to admit I like listening to the host/hostess announce where each family is from... " now seating the _______ family from __________!" :sohappy:

CastleBound

My favorite, probably out of everywhere in WDW is Cinderella's Royal Table. Food was soooo good. I almost died when i had the soup. Prob one of the bes I've ever had. Plus you gotta taken in to account the atmosphere and what goes on inside. Definitely my favorite!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom