What is your favorite Disney park icon??

What is your favorite Disney Park icon?

• EPCOTS SpaceShip Earth

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • ANIMAL KINGDOMS Tree of Life

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • MAGIC KINGDOMS Cinderella Castle

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • MGMS Earfull Tower or Sorcer Hat

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • DISNEYLANDS Sleeping Beauty Castle

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

Maria

Originally posted by MobileBadBoy
Well, it used to be Spaceship Earth, until they added that silly thing over the top of it. :rolleyes:

Now, I dunno. I guess the castle.

you know? I didn´t consider the wand! I just thought of the "big golf ball".... It´s the whole structure what amazes me and makes me go "ooooohhhhh" when I enter the park and see it right there in front of the entrance. The Tree of Life amazes me because of all the "carvings", but doesn´t have the same effect as SE, maybe because you have to actually get inside the park to see it, I don´t know... :)

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
Don't get me wrong, I still love SE, but in my opinion, that wand thing detracts from what Spaceship Earth is. It's the "icon" of Epcot. It represents itself, by itself and the rest of Epcot, by itself.

Kind of like the castle represents MK, and the tree represents DAK. If they put a big wand over the castle saying "Magic Kingdom", then I'd feel the same way. :)

I just miss this, I guess it's why I'm opposed to the wand.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4896

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I voted for the hat...i know it's new...but it's something about the way that thing looks at night that makes the trip worth while.

Brett

I'm definently a fan of Spaceship Earth. It's a just a marvel to look at. The structure is absolutely amazing.

Chris

I have to say Cinderella's castle in the MK. To me it represents all things Disney. It reminds me that Disney is all about dreams and magic. The sight of the castle really lets me know I am at WDW. Spaceship Earth is truly impressive and is an engineering marvel but it is not as "Disney" to me as the castle.

RyanS

space ship earth all the way. i haven't seen it in real life with the epcot sign on it though, just the 2000. i liked the 2000 but when it was over,they just should've taken it down.

Innovention

Silly "EPCOT" on SE

MobileBadBoy I agree with you abou the "EPCOT" on the top of Spaceship Earth.

I have always loved the sphere though, ever since I saw it as a little kid.

I don't think it looks bad or anything, but I think it does not go with the concept of Space Ship Earth and Epcot.

When they did it for 2000, I thought it was a cute idea. When I finally got down to Disney to see it the first time, I saw that the structure they used was definitly permanent.

I wondered what they would do with it after 2000 and when I saw the "EPCOT" in the red script like the "2000," I was a bit disappointed because it did not look "Futuristic" as is the theme of Epcot. Well Future World Anyway.

I do love the ride though. I think it is one of the best combination of "Disney" props and special effects.

(Not to mention the fast line and the air conditioning on a hot day :))

DanStat

ALL OF THE ABOVE!

I really like all of them, but, the Sorcerer's hat is my favorite. It's awesome!

I also like the rest of the WDW icons. :sohappy:

tinkrbel

Space Ship Earth .. and second is the Water tower at Studios :) I love seeing that water tower .. but like alot of post I have seen . SSE is just so amazing to look at ..even with the wand .. I think the wand just adds to it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom