What is your fantasy park souvenir?

Phineas

Original Poster
A little embracing of consumerism never hurt anybody-So what's the one thing you wish you could take home with you from the parks? I mean purchasing at a gift shop, not dismantling and smuggling a Maelstrom puffin out of Epcot.
Personally, every time I see Mickey's Philharmagic, I wish they sold scented candles of the aroma during the Be Our Guest scene. I would practically have one in every room. What about you guys?

NYwdwfan

I wish they still sold "it's a small world" dolls. My neighbor has a few - her aunt works in the hat and bought them for her. I would love to have a collection from each of the scenes in my soon to be purchased curio cabinet.

Spikerdink

I used to get a Winnie watch or mug every trip...sadly, there are fewer and fewer choices anymore and the last two times I was there I couldn't find anything new.

Over the past ten years the number of new items has been drastically cut...so my souvenir budget has been slashed from over $150 to around $20.

JIMINYCR

Fantasy huh? Wellll.... I remember seeing a HUGE Cinderella Castle, for sale that was priced at $$$ Thousands of dollars, made of glass. It would look GREAT on my living room table. All my friends would drool over my purchase. I would be the envy of all for miles around. BUUUT....
First of all, I would never be able to afford it unless I won the lottery. Second of all, IF I did buy it , when I got it home, I'm sure one of my dogs would wag their tails and hit it with enough force to break it. :eek::(

Tiggerfanatic

Fantasy huh? Wellll.... I remember seeing a HUGE Cinderella Castle, for sale that was priced at $$$ Thousands of dollars, made of glass. It would look GREAT on my living room table. All my friends would drool over my purchase. I would be the envy of all for miles around. BUUUT....
First of all, I would never be able to afford it unless I won the lottery. Second of all, IF I did buy it , when I got it home, I'm sure one of my dogs would wag their tails and hit it with enough force to break it. :eek::(
I had the same wish, but, like you, one of my cats would rub against it and send it to crystal heaven in a thousand little pieces. So I guess my fanatasy purchse would have to be some cels from the art store at the Studios - the drool just runs down my chin every time I go there, and since I can't ever make up my mind, I'd probably have to buy one of everything.

WildRide12

It sits on Main Street in the MK. I live in the area and drool over the window it sits in every time. I believe it's $32,500.

As for me, I'm going to start in Christmas 2013 but I'm going to get the entire monorail set for my tree now that I'm to the age where I actually will have my own tree.

Figgy1

Premium Member
It sits on Main Street in the MK. I live in the area and drool over the window it sits in every time. I believe it's $32,500.

As for me, I'm going to start in Christmas 2013 but I'm going to get the entire monorail set for my tree now that I'm to the age where I actually will have my own tree.
And a very magical welcome to you!

Diablo

I remember hearing about the animation cels that they used to sell in the early days of Disneyland. Something like that would be special. I think in general, having some sort of tangible "piece of the magic" would be nice.
I got a World Showcase trash can logo thinger on eBay a couple years ago, and I proudly display it on my wall.
A well-made hooded sweatshirt that isn't so loud that you'd never wear it out of the parks or some decent artwork is all I have my hopes up for.

CP_alum08

Disney Parks Lego
That would be awesome!

Mine would have to be HM merch that I actually like. I've seen a few things on Ebay that are alright but nothing I couldn't live without. I don't collect pins, the HM shirts are atrocious, and the couple HM vinyls are decent at best. Maybe a nice bookshelf-size model of the entire mansion. Like the Olszewski one but larger. Or a similar version of the hitchhiking ghosts.

CP_alum08

I remember hearing about the animation cels that they used to sell in the early days of Disneyland. Something like that would be special. I think in general, having some sort of tangible "piece of the magic" would be nice.
I got a World Showcase trash can logo thinger on eBay a couple years ago, and I proudly display it on my wall.
A well-made hooded sweatshirt that isn't so loud that you'd never wear it out of the parks or some decent artwork is all I have my hopes up for.
ooooooh like the stuff they used to sell in the Warner Bros. stores?! I take back my previous comment, I want that instead :) now you've got me all giddy, ebay here I come!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom