What is with the AC being off on Spaceship Earth?

Yert3

Original Poster
I’ve been to Epcot the past 3 days and every time I’ve been on Spaceship Earth, it’s been hot. Really hot. Not like “the AC isn’t turned down low enough”, more like “it’s completely off.” really uncomfortable. I wonder what the reasoning for this could be. It was also extremely hot in The American Adventure today, but I only ever watch that every once and a while. So I don’t know if it was just a freak thing or if they’re intentionally keeping that off as well.

Last edited:

Musical Mermaid

Yup and bring back version 3.0 while they’re at it.
In my Spaceship Earth future, they cut my head so weird it looked like I was wearing a big leaf hat, when I wasn’t wearing a hat at all. Yeah, that ending needs to be replaced. Those screens can be placed inside the area after the ride or somewhere else where they have or used to have interactive computer stations. It looks so lazy tacked on the end of this attraction.

Yert3

Original Poster
In my Spaceship Earth future, they cut my head so weird it looked like I was wearing a big leaf hat, when I wasn’t wearing a hat at all. Yeah, that ending needs to be replaced. Those screens can be placed inside the area after the ride or somewhere else where they have or used to have interactive computer stations. It looks so lazy tacked on the end of this attraction.
Ya, Version 4.0 ending was horrifically outdated when it came out. I remember using my photo for an animated character on jibjab.com back in like 2004. The music sucks, the narrations sucks. It’s just bad. Who the heck looked at it and said: “Yes, this is better.” ?

Tick Tock

SSE seemed hot & stuffy last Tue & Wed (Oct 3 & 4). I thought maybe it was just me. Definitely wasn't the most comfortable experience on that ride.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I looked like a Borg this year.

SSE has quite a lot of problems.

disney4life2008

I think the stalls are handicap people, no complaints there.

But the ride itself is terrible. This is a classic example of something that did not need to be fixed. The updated themes are great. But I do not like Judi Dench as narrator! And the last 10 minutes is an absolute waste of time. I do not anticipate any updates to this ride though in the foreseeable future.

KBLovedDisney

The ride system and track is a major issue.
Didn't Siemens have something to do with the Omnimover systems? :cautious:

Now that they are leaving (or have left), will the Disney Co. have to look into finding another sponsor for this, or will they have to pay in full for their own maintenance now?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Didn't Siemens have something to do with the Omnimover systems? :cautious:

Now that they are leaving (or have left), will the Disney Co. have to look into finding another sponsor for this, or will they have to pay in full for their own maintenance now?
Sienmens didn't have a say with the ride system. The basics of it are circa 1982.

Many yeas ago the ride vehicles needed bogie work. It was deferred and deferred until it was too late.

Now the track is also heading for a similar fate.

KBLovedDisney

Sienmens didn't have a say with the ride system. The basics of it are circa 1982.

Many yeas ago the ride vehicles needed bogie work. It was deferred and deferred until it was too late.

Seriously...yikes. I mean double yikes. Putting new rides in front of general maintenance of the older rides and letting that fall through the cracks...

Gawd, this just makes me feel a bit uneasy for SSE's future.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Seriously...yikes. I mean double yikes. Putting new rides in front of general maintenance of the older rides and letting that fall through the cracks...

Gawd, this just makes me feel a bit uneasy for SSE's future.
The ride has been maintained don't get me wrong. The tracks are coaster spec with zoned inert gas safety systems. But surely every option available to extend its life should be taken at every opportunity.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I think the stalls are handicap people, no complaints there.

But the ride itself is terrible. This is a classic example of something that did not need to be fixed. The updated themes are great. But I do not like Judi Dench as narrator! And the last 10 minutes is an absolute waste of time. I do not anticipate any updates to this ride though in the foreseeable future.
Well, it could always look like this:

trainplane3

I noticed on my last couple times down there it almost sounds like a train. There's a "clunk-clunk" sound and feeling every couple feet. Isn't the track similar in design to Arrow (or whatever they're called now) and Vekoma's older designs?

Raineman

I've never noticed an AC problem on SSE, but it seems like every time I am on POTC, in both the auction scene and the burning city scene, it feels hot and stuffy, but the rest of the ride isn't.

Bairstow

I feel like its fate will be similar to Energy's. Just let it limp until they replace it with the next hot IP...
They could use the existing queue and post-show space for a meet-and-greet area without having to devote significant resources to tackling the upper levels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom