What is up with Tutto Italia

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
I made my ADR’s almost three weeks ago for our September trip, 9/5-9/15. At the time, Tutto was not showing as available, so I booked Chefs as a placeholder for dinner on 9/11.

I phoned Disney Dining last week to see if they were showing availability. They were not, but suggested I wait a week and check back. By chance, I checked the app late last night and found 4:30 and 9:15 available.

I snagged 4:30, and called Disney Dining this morning to see if they had access to a better time. I spoke to a fabulous CM named Ruby. Ruby, in fact, was only showing 9:15.

She put me on hold and called Tutto directly, speaking with both the General Manager and the Hostess. Long story short, more than 5 1/2 months out, they cannot squeeze a party of two in at a decent time. They are, however, holding back a large number of tables right now for “large parties and day of walk-ups”.

We had a 4:30 Dining time at Tutto two years ago. Restaurant was 90% empty while we dined, and still 75% empty when we left at 6-something.

Shrug. I guess we’ll keep our 7:40 pm at Chefs, and hope to be out in time for IllumiNations.

Does anyone else find this weird though?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I made my ADR’s almost three weeks ago for our September trip, 9/5-9/15. At the time, Tutto was not showing as available, so I booked Chefs as a placeholder for dinner on 9/11.

I phoned Disney Dining last week to see if they were showing availability. They were not, but suggested I wait a week and check back. By chance, I checked the app late last night and found 4:30 and 9:15 available.

I snagged 4:30, and called Disney Dining this morning to see if they had access to a better time. I spoke to a fabulous CM named Ruby. Ruby, in fact, was only showing 9:15.

She put me on hold and called Tutto directly, speaking with both the General Manager and the Hostess. Long story short, more than 5 1/2 months out, they cannot squeeze a party of two in at a decent time. They are, however, holding back a large number of tables right now for “large parties and day of walk-ups”.

We had a 4:30 Dining time at Tutto two years ago. Restaurant was 90% empty while we dined, and still 75% empty when we left at 6-something.

Shrug. I guess we’ll keep our 7:40 pm at Chefs, and hope to be out in time for IllumiNations.

Does anyone else find this weird though?
Weird you say this. Tutto is one of the only places we’ve had luck as walk ups. It’s also never been wall to wall packed in all the times we’ve eaten there. They seem to be missing the efficiency mark.

wannabeBelle

I had the same problem, and spoke with someone in Guest Services. She was kind enough to call over to the location to see if she could get some kind of answer as it is really odd. Apparently they are going to be doing refurbs for the dinner hours only during that time frame. I don't get how it could be dinner hours only and lunch wouldn't be impacted but that is what they told me. Marie

aladdin2007

I had the same problem, and spoke with someone in Guest Services. She was kind enough to call over to the location to see if she could get some kind of answer as it is really odd. Apparently they are going to be doing refurbs for the dinner hours only during that time frame. I don't get how it could be dinner hours only and lunch wouldn't be impacted but that is what they told me. Marie

Yeah that doesn't make sense, and they had a complete remodel a year or two ago and already another? Its a great place to walk up to though without a reservation, they are always very accommodating and seat us every time right away. Which is nice because most every where else your turned away instantly, except maybe Morocco. On the one hand I am glad the patina group management is open for walk ups unlike all the Disney managed restaurants, but I can see where those wanting a reserve would be frustrated that they cant ever get the time they want, when the place never seems full.

wannabeBelle

Yeah that doesn't make sense, and they had a complete remodel a year or two ago and already another? Its a great place to walk up to though without a reservation, they are always very accommodating and seat us every time right away. Which is nice because most every where else your turned away instantly, except maybe Morocco. On the one hand I am glad the patina group management is open for walk ups unlike all the Disney managed restaurants, but I can see where those wanting a reserve would be frustrated that they cant ever get the time they want, when the place never seems full.
Which is funny, my last trip in January we went with a larger group of people and we had dinner in Morocco which everyone loved!!! As far as Tutto, yeah I am not sure about what I was told, and the Guest Services person I spoke with seemed not so convinced either, but this is what they did tell her. Marie

jaklgreen

Tutto always seems to be half empty and are one of the restaurants that has plenty of walk up seating. I will usually check the dining board at guest services when I walk into Epcot(since I rarely make reservations) I always see Tutto as available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom