What is this economic down turn you speak of?

hardcard

Original Poster
Apparently the universal and seaworld fans have heard about the down turn, but not the disney ones.. MK was a NIGHTMARE tonight.... Crowds were heavier this evening then they were on July 4th last year.... EASILY.. walking out of the park this evening my daughter said 'Dad, I can't turn my head'.. we were packed SO tight walking from Lunching Pad to the MK turnstiles that she couldn't turn her head at times.... it was insanity...

Friday night + Summer + 12am/3am EMH = NIGHTMARE CROWDS

like I said... what down turn? :)

SirGoofy

Apparently the universal and seaworld fans have heard about the down turn, but not the disney ones.. MK was a NIGHTMARE tonight.... Crowds were heavier this evening then they were on July 4th last year.... EASILY.. walking out of the park this evening my daughter said 'Dad, I can't turn my head'.. we were packed SO tight walking from Lunching Pad to the MK turnstiles that she couldn't turn her head at times.... it was insanity...

Friday night + Summer + 12am/3am EMH = NIGHTMARE CROWDS

like I said... what down turn? :)

In park spending is still down, a lot. But yea, it's insane crowd wise.

willsdad01

We were there last week and the crowds seemed very large and it sure looked like people were spending money in the Emporium and Downtown Disney.

Aidan Clay

Disney is a necessity

Those experiencing the economic downturn are businesses which people can do without. People can't live without Disney.

Duckberg

WDW STILL = A place to ESCAPE!

Visitors NOT buying park merchandise will continue to be an issue, BUT visitors still want the WDW atmosphere that allows them to ESCAPE their daily problems. Duckberg :cool:

Tom Morrow

This year has been strange. Peak attendance times have been noticably more crowded than normal... but the off season attendance has been noticably lower than normal.

GaBookworm

The economic downturn could actually send more people to WDW.

People put off more expensive vacations and 'just go to Disney World'.

:)

Pooh Lover

We try to avoid evening EMH because of the crowds. I would rather go back to the old system of paying for the E Ride Nights. The price was very reasonable and the attendance was limited.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Should I be afraid of the dining plan package time in August when I'm going??

I am going then too. I think that because of school starting back and the heat, we will bw safe. Who knows! :shrug:

I've been three times during free dining in August. Crowds have generally been light in the parks, although the table-service restaurants have, of course, been a zoo. Make your ADRs, and if you need flexibility in ADRs, be prepared to accept lunches instead of dinner, or some less-popular locations. Other than the restaurants, though, you should find late-August crowds quite manageable.

The heat, on the other hand...:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom