What is the worst ride in Magic Kingdom? (quality-wise) Part 1

What is the worst ride in Magic Kingdom? (quality)

• Astro Orbiter

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • The Barnstormer

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Dumbo The Flying Elephant

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Haunted Mansion

• It's A Small World

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Jungle Cruise

• Mad Tea Party

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • The Magic Carpets Of Aladdin

Votes: 29 49.2%

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
*KEEP IN MIND, I HAVE TWO POLLS OF MK BECAUSE THERE ARE TOO MANY RIDES TO FIT ON ONE*

Here we are for the fourth and last worst ride poll for the 4 WDW parks, the big, main, probably best park, Magic Kingdom! So, what do you think is the worst ride in the park? This includes everything (story, theme, thrill, queue, and overall experience of the ride). It is NOT based on bias and personal experience for the ride/special connection. This is all about the overall quality of the ride. Remember, even thrill rides can be bad, they don't automatically equal a quality ride if it's a not great overall experience even though they are a "thrill ride." Please keep that in mind. Also, I've decided to just do "Rides" not shows, meet and greets, etc because than I would have to include every single thing in MK for the poll which would be SO LONG, and this poll will already be SO LONG. Those will be separate polls! I don't think I will include Carousel of Progress as it's much more of a show even though it does move through the rotating theater. Plus, Carousel of Progress will be included in the best and worst show polls. I also will be leaving out all "transportation rides." These include the Liberty Square Riverboat, the Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island, the Main Street Vehicles, BUT please comment if you think I should include the Walt Disney World Railroad, because I kind of want to but also don't think it's fully a ride! Please someone let me know if I should or not, I can add it in later. Someone let me know about Carousel of Progress if I should include that too!!! I'll also update this in the future when new rides are open. (I doubt the TRON coaster would get any votes, though. Haha.

As always, remember everyone be nice! Haha.

Let's vote and discuss!

Last edited:

cheezbat

Where the heck is the speedway? Not voting since it’s not in there.

Sorry, but while some people love the Speedway for nostalgia reasons, it’s loud, smelly, ugly, has a horrible(mostly outdoors) queue, and so outdated. By far the worst ride in MK.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Where the heck is the speedway? Not voting since it’s not in there.

Sorry, but while some people love the Speedway for nostalgia reasons, it’s loud, smelly, ugly, has a horrible(mostly outdoors) queue, and so outdated. By far the worst ride in MK.
check the part 2 poll!!

danheaton

It's a close one, but I'd have to go with the Barnstormer due to the short ride time, roughness of the ride, and cramped experience. It is a good starter coaster for kids, so it's not entirely bad. It's just the lowest for me.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
It's a close one, but I'd have to go with the Barnstormer due to the short ride time, roughness of the ride, and cramped experience. It is a good starter coaster for kids, so it's not entirely bad. It's just the lowest for me.
yea check out the second poll with the other Mk rides !

Disney.Mike

I don't count the teapots, Dumbo, or Aladdin as rides. They're small attractions for kids but I don't think they should count as a proper ride.

Of the options listed it has to be the Buzz ride. Simply because of all the broken effects and guns. As ugly and outdated as the Speedway is, it does function as it should. You can't say that about Buzz.

QuasiNoFroyo

But if you want to know my top ten favorite rides at the Magic Kingdom, here they are:

10. Peter Pan's Flight - While it is certainly overrated (though that is most likely due to its incredibly low capacity more than anything else), it is quite possibly the best dark ride in all of Fantasyland and I do find it to be slightly better than its California counterpart (since it's longer, has a more impressive looking Neverland, and a MUCH better looking London).

9. Seven Dwarfs' Mine Train - Once again overrated, but has a cool mine scene and swinging cars that add to the thrill of the ride.

8. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - A fun and competitive shooting gallery dark ride but could most definitely be modernized in order to feel more - ahem - futuristic again.

7. PeopleMover - A great way to relax and people-watch on a busy day at the Magic Kingdom.

6. The Jungle Cruise - Hilarious puns paired with the purposely subpar special effects make this an enjoyable Adventureland classic.

5. Pirates of the Caribbean - Another highly enjoyable Adventureland classic but certainly weaker than the other versions of the ride.

4. Space Mountain - A fun and timeless classic, but once again, the weakest version of the ride.

3. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Another timeless classic that can be enjoyed by guests of many ages, on top of having a really clever backstory to it. However, the third lift hill should seriously be updated.

2. The Haunted Mansion - Easily the most iconic and well-themed dark ride in all of Disney, in addition to having some scenes that aren't present on the California version. However, I am not a fan of the CGI hitchhiking ghosts at the end of the ride, and I would like to see the Hatbox Ghost added to this ride for WDW's 50th anniversary.

1. Splash Mountain - Without a doubt, the greatest ride in all of the Magic Kingdom, with a thoroughly flowing narrative (no pun intended), fluid animatronics, and tremendous buildup. My favorite WDW ride aside from Expedition Everest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom