What is the worst ride in Animal Kingdom? (quality-wise)

What is the worst ride in Animal Kingdom? (quality)

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Alright, up next on the best and worst quality rides of each park is the second best, arguably even the best WDW park, Animal Kingdom! What do you think is the worst ride in the park? This includes story, theme, thrill, queue, and overall experience of the ride. It is NOT based on bias and personal experience for the ride/special connection. This is all about the overall quality of the ride. Remember, even thrill rides can be bad, they don't automatically equal a quality ride if it's a not great overall experience even though they are a "thrill ride." Please keep that in mind. Also, I've decided to just do "Rides" not shows (Up! A Great Bird Adventure), meet and greets, etc because than I would have to a ton of different attractions for the poll which would be annoying and really long especially since AK has so many other shows and things to do. Those will be separate polls! I'm also leaving out the "Wildlife Express Train" right now, as it is more of a mode of transportation, and it would probably get the most votes anyway maybe though with two on this list, haha. I'll also update this if a new ride opens!

And remember everyone be nice! Haha.

Let's vote and discuss!

Tom Morrow

Primeval Whirl, and it's not even a contest. It's tacky and ugly, it's an off the shelf coaster model they have everywhere (even Fun Spot Kissimmee), it's not even a good version of it because the cars are prevented from spinning at full speed. It's rough and jarring. It and Dinorama stick out like a sore thumb in what is otherwise the most immersive Orlando theme park.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Primeval Whirl, and it's not even a contest. It's tacky and ugly, it's an off the shelf coaster model they have everywhere (even Fun Spot Kissimmee), it's not even a good version of it because the cars are prevented from spinning at full speed. It's rough and jarring. It and Dinorama stick out like a sore thumb in what is otherwise the most immersive Orlando theme park.
couldn't of said it better myself!

BoarderPhreak

Honestly, I love all the rides at AK. They're not all my speed, necessarily... DD looooved Primeval Whirl!

If I had to pick one, it'd be Dinosaur. It was rough and tumble since it opened, but it seemed to have gotten worse.

How about most infamous ride? #FixTheYeti 🥳

wdwfan4ver

While I didn't do every ride at AK yet, Primeval Whirl is my answer.

I voted on Primeval Whirl due to what happened to my younger brother and it is not a well done ride in any way.
Primeval Whirl caused my younger brother to have neck problems over a month after he went on 8 or 9 years ago.

Club Cooloholic

I haven't ridden on Primeval whirl as it has always been broken down or too long a line. Is it really that bad? I went with tricerotop spin. My kids adore it and it sure is cute. But....its a Dumbo ride, and it doesn't even make sense, Dumbo flies while Tricerotops from what we know, did not. Why not have Pterodactyls instead?

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Primeval Whirl for sure. It's a rough ride that if your lucky, it slams you into the person sitting next to you.

If you're not lucky, it slams you into the side of the car.

Agreed. Rode it once a few years ago, and never again. It was the most uncomfortable ride!

bUU

My spouse loves Primeval Whirl. It is whimsical, and tame enough even for us. Triceratops Spin isn't horrible, but it just doesn't rise to the level of Primeval Whirl.

To be fair, all the other rides are so great that Primeval Whirl ends up in second-to-last place. Animal Kingdom has such a great array of great rides that it is very easy for good rides to end up at the bottom of any list.

QuasiNoFroyo

I'm just gonna rank all the Animal Kingdom rides from best to worst:
  1. Expedition Everest: An all-around timeless, mystical, and amazing coaster. The greatest ride in all of Walt Disney World IMO. Never a dull moment while you're on board. My only nitpick here is that the Yeti should still be fixed.
  2. Avatar Flight of Passage: The most beautiful and impressive simulator ride that Disney has ever created, complete with a wonderful score and some realistic breathing effects from the banshee you're riding on. Seriously worth the 3-hour wait.
  3. Dinosaur: Disney's most underrated thrill ride. Legitimately scary, has a lot of awesome dinosaur animatronics, and just a ton of fun to ride all around. However, there are still some animatronics that are in serious need of a repair, and even the preshow itself is a bit dated.
  4. Kilimanjaro Safaris: A scenic and peaceful tour through the African savanna, complete with real animals. Feels like an actual safari.
  5. Kali River Rapids: Decent but not nearly as exciting as its counterparts at Anaheim and Shanghai.
  6. Na'vi River Journey: Gorgeous colors and sets throughout, and an extremely realistic animatronic at the end, but the entire presentation is just lacking in compelling storytelling.
  7. Wildlife Express Train (seasonal at the moment): Boring but at least it serves (served?) a purpose.
  8. Triceratop Spin: Easily the worst of Disney's flat spinner rides. Ugly and generic.
  9. Primeval Whirl: Painfully unpleasant and hideously themed. Disney's worst coaster bar none.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Primeval Whirl is such a fun ride. My friends and I always love it!

That being said... Navi River Journey is just a glorified 3 Caballeros ride

awoogala

triceratops. same as dumbo..and aladdin.. and every other ride exactly like it, everywhere. I don't love primeval whirl, either, but my 14 and 16 year old still insist on riding it every trip, so it has to be slightly better (though I wouldn't ride it).

aw14

I haven't ridden on Primeval whirl as it has always been broken down or too long a line. Is it really that bad? I went with tricerotop spin. My kids adore it and it sure is cute. But....its a Dumbo ride, and it doesn't even make sense, Dumbo flies while Tricerotops from what we know, did not. Why not have Pterodactyls instead?
Primeval was terrible for me. My DD loved it. It’s a mouse trap coaster, and if you don’t like tea cup like spinning....stay away 🤮

Heppenheimer

Reading these forums, you'd think Expedition Everest is a sin against nature.

I felt nauseous and sore after Primeval Whirl, so that get's my vote.

BlakeW39

So as a fan of Animal Kingdom, I'll rank the rides from best to worst as has another poster. I believe I have credibility (even though it is 100% subjective lol)

1. Kilimanjaro Safaris - It's the most immersive Disney attraction hands down, it's like a true African safari with real biotypes and accurate fauna to those biomes. Wildlife at the forefront makes the attraction different everytime, it has a message and a great feel of adventure into the wilderness with all kinds of beasts. The entire time and it actually is a part of the Harambe lore itself.

2. Expedition Everest/Flight of Passage - a tie, both are great. Theming is totally on point, themed into immersive lands and with great ride experiences. EE needs to fix it's Yeti but with it, the Yeti is pretty real. FOP is perfect and is the best example of how to effectively create a screen based experience. Fills the mythical creatute void left by Beastly Kingdom.

3. DINOSAUR - underrated. Great ride makes it feel rough as if you are truly traveraing the primeval jungle. Animatronics feel real and are genuinely scary. Some good thrills and an immersive environment.

4. Kali River Rapids - thrilling, very wet, and like nearly everything at DAK, it effectively transports you to a new place. It has a nice message, but it's a bit short and could use a more engaging story other than the forest is being destroyed, so run. Maybe show us animals losing their homes to drive the point home.

Na'vi River Journey - not too bad. Way too short and lacks a true story, but it's a beautifully themed attraction than has a very lifelike AA at the end - though this AA should be in animal in an animal park.

5. Primeval Whirl/Triceratops Spin - another tie. I tried to choose one but no, both are equally heinous and should be destroyed, with the rest of Dinoland USA, ans turned into either a land set in the past or one that is themed to the badland - the red deserts out west, a paleontological site out there. Could be done well with great rockwork and we can keep Dinosaur.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom