What is The Weirdest/Funniest Thing That You've Seen at Disney?

Taylor?

Original Poster
What can I say? I'm a sucker for weird Disney stories. Anyways, might as well share one of mine.

Basically, I was around the Splash Mountain area and B'rer Bear and B'rer Rabbit were meeting. (I don't know if B'rer Fox was there, but I couldn't find him.) There were two CMs overlooking everything, seeing as there was a crowd around them, so I decided I would have some fun with them. If any of you have worked at Disney, you know it's rewarding, but hard. Anyways, I walked up to them and said, "It must be fun working at Disney around Halloween! Crowds of people... Guests asking odd questions..." (It was Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the time.) Both of them erupted in laughter, and one of them said, "It's like he's a CM already!" I'm not sure she was supposed to say that, but I like to think she doesn't regret it.

a goofy username

i didn't see this myself - found it on the internet years ago - but it always makes me laugh so much i think it's worth posting
splash mountain filipinos.jpg

Weather_Lady

The strangest thing I ever saw at WDW was a family walking ahead of us into Adventureland -- two parents and their teenaged son and daughter. (They all spoke with a foreign accent, but I don't know from whence they came). Everybody else looked totally ordinary, but the teenaged girl was wearing a tank top, a wide leather belt, and cutoff denim shorts unlike any I've ever seen. They were cut more like underwear, with the leg openings almost up to the hip on each side. In the back, they were cut so high and so close to the center seam that all but the topmost couple inches of each butt cheek was completely exposed and hanging out. I know that many other cultures are more accepting of showing some skin and I know that "cheek peek" short shorts are "in," but this denim thong was a "whole 'nother level." I couldn't believe that this young lady hadn't been stopped by a CM already, or groped by some random pervert, let alone that her parents had no issue with it. I was just glad I wasn't the person who had to get in any ride vehicle from which she'd just disembarked, with a sweaty bare-behind print on the seat! Ew!

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

The strangest thing I ever saw at WDW was a family walking ahead of us into Adventureland -- two parents and their teenaged son and daughter. (They all spoke with a foreign accent, but I don't know from whence they came). Everybody else looked totally ordinary, but the teenaged girl was wearing a tank top, a wide leather belt, and cutoff denim shorts unlike any I've ever seen. They were cut more like underwear, with the leg openings almost up to the hip on each side. In the back, they were cut so high and so close to the center seam that all but the topmost couple inches of each butt cheek was completely exposed and hanging out. I know that many other cultures are more accepting of showing some skin and I know that "cheek peek" short shorts are "in," but this denim thong was a "whole 'nother level." I couldn't believe that this young lady hadn't been stopped by a CM already, or groped by some random pervert, let alone that her parents had no issue with it. I was just glad I wasn't the person who had to get in any ride vehicle from which she'd just disembarked, with a sweaty bare-behind print on the seat! Ew!
You should visit Walmart some time...I don't go there any more but I heard stories that the store is full of strange things like you stated.

Weather_Lady

You should visit Walmart some time...I don't go there any more but I heard stories that the store is full of strange things like you stated.

LOL - we used to live near a smalltown Walmart when our son was first born, so we were in there frequently for diapers, etc. We never came home without saying, "you will not BELIEVE what I just saw!" I think my husband won the prize for "most unexpected person of Walmart" after he made a late-night run for milk and bread and ran into an over-6-foot-tall bearded drag queen in full makeup and wig, wearing a skin-tight silver catsuit and glittery platform heels that (along with the wig) put her total height at about 7 feet, quietly shopping for produce.

But I digress... back to your regularly-scheduled "people of Disney" discussion. :)

Last edited:

Otterhead

but this denim thong was a "whole 'nother level."
I experienced a freaky denim thong like that once, myself! We were riding the bus from Saratoga Springs, and this big beefy guy and his two girls got on, and they were both dressed like that, with so much makeup they looked like clowns; neither one could've been older than 14 or so. Everyone on the bus was looking at each other like, "are you seeing this? This is crazy, right?" I can't imagine they got into the parks looking like that, but maybe they did!

Michaelson

We were at Animal Kingdom and were walking the trail last year when we came into the gorilla glassed-in viewing room/location.

There was a young CM standing there, and you could tell she was completely bored out of her mind....it was late in the day, hot, and I'm sure she was tired of standing and answering questions and wanted to be ANYWHERE but where she was assigned at that moment.

There were no gorillas in sight, but oddly enough, a large white rabbit was sitting in the pen area where they SHOULD have been.

Jokingly I said to my wife, 'Odd. I kind of thought gorillas were bigger than that.'

The CM, turned to us, and said without any emotion at all, 'That's not a gorilla. That's a rabbit'.

Seriously? I felt like we were facing Wednesday Addams!

My wife and I looked at each other, and she asked,' so, where are the gorillas now?'

The CM, without smiling or batting an eye said, 'They're in the pen.'

Once again, in a joking manner a big smile, my wife said 'oh, make them come back!'

The young lady, still not smiling or moving said, 'we don't do that. They're wild animals.'

She then turned back to the glass and just stood there.

We had to drag our adult age kids off who were primed to start asking more questions to see what she'd say.

I wouldn't be surprised if she has posted on some website somewhere about these two old folks who actually thought a white rabbit was a gorilla! :)

We still laugh about this, and every time we find ourselves in the gorilla location, we go in saying 'where's the rabbit? I'm here for the rabbit!'

Last edited:

Otterhead

One other incident comes to mind...
A group of costumed characters were signing autographs at DHS, and I saw a guy yell "WOO!!". He was dressed in a Goofy shirt and had a Goofy hat on, and ran full-speed up to where Goofy was posing for photos. He took a running leap and landed - boom - just a few inches from Goofy, and yelled "HEY!! GOOFY!!!" in his face. Goofy stepped back to get his balance and turned around for a moment towards his handler. I swear I saw Goofy quickly cross himself before facing the guy again :)

Taylor?

Original Poster
One other incident comes to mind...
A group of costumed characters were signing autographs at DHS, and I saw a guy yell "WOO!!". He was dressed in a Goofy shirt and had a Goofy hat on, and ran full-speed up to where Goofy was posing for photos. He took a running leap and landed - boom - just a few inches from Goofy, and yelled "HEY!! GOOFY!!!" in his face. Goofy stepped back to get his balance and turned around for a moment towards his handler. I swear I saw Goofy quickly cross himself before facing the guy again :)
What happened next? You can't just leave us hanging like that! XD

Otterhead

What happened next? You can't just leave us hanging like that! XD
Goofy was a total pro, he posed with the guy, gave him a hug, acted like this was totally normal. But it's the only time I've seen a costumed character briefly break character when a total loony came along :)

KRW101

Quite a few years ago we were eating at Tusker House and there was a large group of 10 or seated close to us, which included a 3 or 4 year old little girl at the end of the table. The entire family was not paying any attention to the little girl. We watched as she would take the salt shaker, put salt in the palm of her hand, place the shaker back, then lick the salt out of her hand. She did this quite few times and we never saw her family tell her not to. She was still happily licking salt out of her hand when we finished our meal and left.

I hope she never developed high blood pressure. 😂

KBLovedDisney

Not out-of-the-ordinary for normalcy I guess, but I think I am a magnet for random families with small kids as your "go-to-vent-to-me person". My hubby and I don't have kids (yes we are the adult children at Disney :happy:). Anyways, getting on a bus one day at Disney, these two little girls came running in possibly quite wound up on sugar or Disney goodness. Screaming, yelling, as small kids do, but it didn't bother me none. The father looks square at me and says, "Do you want to take these home with you??" in sarcasm and semi-seriousness. The mother just sat back and looked at me almost pleading...

o_O

Awkward.

JIMINYCR

The Weirdest was seeing someone being hauled away by several men of the Disney security crew. I have no idea what he was being nabbed for but we watched the three men approach the guy from different sides. It was apparent they were confronting him for something and then they skillfully whisked him away. He began to raise a rukus but they had him out of the store before it caused a scene. It was weird only because we we never think of someone being taken out/ removed or arrested from Disney.

Weather_Lady

Quite a few years ago we were eating at Tusker House and there was a large group of 10 or seated close to us, which included a 3 or 4 year old little girl at the end of the table. The entire family was not paying any attention to the little girl. We watched as she would take the salt shaker, put salt in the palm of her hand, place the shaker back, then lick the salt out of her hand. She did this quite few times and we never saw her family tell her not to. She was still happily licking salt out of her hand when we finished our meal and left.

This reminds me of a large family we saw in Restaurant Marrakesh that, now that I think of it, might also fit this category. Not only were they loud and obnoxious to the staff, plus leaving a disgusting mess of spilled food, overturned cups, crumpled napkins and snack wrappers (!??!) all over the table and floor when they left (it took four CMs to clean it up), but they CHANGED A BABY'S DIAPER on a bench seat by the wall in the middle of dinner, and then ignored their kids to the point where a toddler climbed unnoticed to the top of a decorative interior shutter, several feet off of the floor. A CM came over at a run to hold her hands under the kid in case he fell, and the mother looked over, mumbled unconcernedly to the kid that he should "come down now," and returned to her conversation with her companions, leaving the CM to coax the child down. We were horrified, but unable to look away from the "trashy-people floor show" that was going down.

Last edited:

Cat_M

I have random ‘funny at the time’ ‘you had to be there’ stories but the once a woman walked up to Peter Pan and asked in a really obnoxious voice ‘Are you supposed to be Peter Pan?’ and he looked down at the ground dejected.

And off Disney site but a t-shirt with Winnie the Pooh holding a machine gun saying ‘Make my day’ makes me equally laugh/shudder.

Tk0021

At AK in September a teenage girl walked up to me and asked if she could use my cell phone to call her mom. I reached for my phone but paused thinking, she could run into the crowd with my phone and I would never find her. So I said, just remember I can run faster than you.” Then I handed her my phone.

Last edited:

I low key assume that was me

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom