What is the weather like?

This is the first trip in December(8-13)! :sohappy: We were wondering about the weather and what to pack. :xmas: Any suggestions? It will be snowing at home!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Warm-to-hot during the day and cool in the evenings. Coming from Canada, I tend to wear short sleeves and shorts any time I'm in Florida year-round [the locals can tell I'm not one of them :lol:]. Some people will wear long pants and have a light jacket in the evenings.

Upvote 0

lac628

For the last few years, it hasn't started really getting chilly until January. More often than not, we are weraing shorts on Christmas (YUCKY). I would pack for warm weather, but be prepared for a possible cold front. A few years back an unexpected cold front went through on Thanksgiving weekend. My parents had my nephews with them and had to buy Disney Ski caps and gloves for the boys bc they weren't prepared. Usually the mornings and evenings are chillier, but it definately warms up during the day.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Weather.com is the best resource for this as the weather does change year to year!!!! Some trips I have gone swimming so it had to be in the 85-90 degree range for me some trips I was wearing my leather coat!!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

krankenstein

In December I normally wear jeans and a t-shirt during the day and take a hoodie in my backpack for at night. Sometimes I might need more than just a hoodie though b/c it can get pretty chilly. However, I am from South Georgia, so 75 is getting pretty chilly to me. :lol:

Upvote 0

Llamaface

And if you plan on doing any rides where you may get wet, I'd suggest bringing a backpack with a complete change of clothes for each person.

Rent a locker as you enter the park and stow the backpack, ride all the wet rides back to back at whatever point in the day you choose, then go back and get changed. There's nothing worse than walking around in clothes that just wont dry.

Your inner thighs will thank me.

Upvote 0

danpam1024

And if you plan on doing any rides where you may get wet, I'd suggest bringing a backpack with a complete change of clothes for each person.

Rent a locker as you enter the park and stow the backpack, ride all the wet rides back to back at whatever point in the day you choose, then go back and get changed. There's nothing worse than walking around in clothes that just wont dry.

Your inner thighs will thank me.

ABSOLUTELY!! But we are Floridians:lol:. The weather is beautiful in December!! :xmas: It's the perfect time to go.

Upvote 0

Rob562

I see the OP is from NY, so you'll understand my comparison.
I often compare December weather in Florida as being like late-September/early-October in New England. It can be warm, it can be VERY warm, but it can also be cool (and in some cases downright cold), but you have to prepare for both ends of the spectrum and pack both types of clothing.

You can go around in shorts during the day, but often have to change into long pants and a sweatshirt after sunset. Sometimes it never gets warmer than jeans and a sweatshirt. Or, it could be like my trip this past December where I was in the MK at midnight in shorts and a T-shirt.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Carolyn1717

Best thing to do is wear layers. You can take off in the afternoon when it may get warm, but it could be cold (36) in the mornings. As said before, you can always rent a locker, this way you can put your jackets and sweatshirts in there in the afternoon & go back & pick them up for evening. If you are around the lake at Epcot for the fireworks show, you could wind up freezing if you are in shorts & a tee shirt....

Upvote 0

Doombuggy13

We are also from NY and we found that when we went last December it was perfect. True it did get cool in the evenings, but to us northern birds, it was comfortable in jeans and light shirts at night.

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Dec. weather

We were in the World last Dec. 1-8 (same this year). The weather was BEAUTIFUL. We are from Western Massachusetts, so anything above 40 degrees is great. Seriously, the weather was warm during the day, and cool in the evening. We didn't need a hoodie or sweater. I wore short sleeves and shorts. I was very comfortable. My wife wore a little more but nothing heavy. ENJOY:xmas::sohappy:

Upvote 0

Pluto 08

We were in the World last Dec. 1-8 (same this year). The weather was BEAUTIFUL. We are from Western Massachusetts, so anything above 40 degrees is great. Seriously, the weather was warm during the day, and cool in the evening. We didn't need a hoodie or sweater. I wore short sleeves and shorts. I was very comfortable. My wife wore a little more but nothing heavy. ENJOY:xmas::sohappy:

It definatly snowed in DHS when I was there last Dec, I think it started in Avenue of Americas....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom