What is the most over-rated and under-rated restaurants in WDW?

sublimesting

Original Poster
Which restaurants in WDW are the most over-rated and under-rated?
For me the most over would be Sci-Fi, the environment is fun and very very unique, but the food mediocre (and I'm very liberal with food) and I just didn't like the seating in the car. Again it was very unique and cool but I was all alone in the back eating in lighting so dim my food wasn't as palatable. I felt like an animal in a cave eating to survive. That being said I wouldn't not recommend it. :)
The most under, for me, is Biergarten. I love sausages and spatzel and the entertainment and environment...chef's kiss!

Club Cooloholic

To be honest most restaurants are overrated at WDW. People talk about fighting for ADRs and this place or that is AMAZING. None are usually worth what they charge but for underrated I go Liberty Tree Tavern. We weree there for the first time in years(I hadn't been since the 90s) and were really happy with it! Even my picky kids found something to love and the dessert was awesome. I also think the BBQ quick service at DAK is really decent and good value and love the seating area.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Are we talking current offerings or 2021/2022 ?

IMHO for current overrated offerings that we've eaten at recently:
Magic Kingdom- Cinderella's Royal Table. Staff is wonderful, unfortunately, the food hasn't recovered post-shutdown.
Animal Kingdom- Tiffins, nothing says meh more than anything that shows up on your plate.
Polynesian - O'Hanna is "O'Heck NO" for us. Denny's at 3am is head and shoulders above its food quality.
Epcot- Garden Grill. Simply awful food.

Underrated:
Todd English's BlueZoo one dish: Steckerlfisch

KaliSplash

I'm not sure Flame Tree BBQ is under-rated, but it is very good.
I don't ask a ton from restaurants at theme parks, so I go for the themes. Therefore, I love Cosmic Ray's, Liberty Tree Tavern, Les Chefs de France, Garden Grill, Le Cellier, Sci Fi Dine Inn, Prime Time, Flame Tree.
Tiffins is probably overrated.

dreday3

I'm not sure Flame Tree BBQ is under-rated, but it is very good.
I don't ask a ton from restaurants at theme parks, so I go for the themes. Therefore, I love Cosmic Ray's, Liberty Tree Tavern, Les Chefs de France, Garden Grill, Le Cellier, Sci Fi Dine Inn, Prime Time, Flame Tree.
Tiffins is probably overrated.

Our group enjoyed Tiffins.

We really enjoyed Morimoto also, don't see a lot of talk about that one.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I've eaten at WDW TS that were very good. I've eaten at WDW TS that weren't so good. And in many instances that critique comes from the same restaurant.

A lot has to do with the service, who's cooking, what time you're eating, and what you're ordering. Along with any specific requests (dietary or otherwise). There's also perception/expectations. I've disliked restaurants others have raved about - and liked restaurants others have ranted about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom