What is the dumbest thing you've heard a guest say to a character?

J_Carioca

This is not Disney related, but the thread made me think of it. One year at Halloween (I was a young adult) I dressed up as the Pink Panther (homemade costume) and hit the town with my best friend, who was dressed as Inspector Clouseau. A guy came up to me at one point and said "Are you...that purple mouse?" Someone else later shouted out "Inspector Gadget" to my friend.

Yup, just dressing up as that famous duo, Inspector Gadget and the Purple Mouse.

Brer Panther

This is not Disney related, but the thread made me think of it. One year at Halloween (I was a young adult) I dressed up as the Pink Panther (homemade costume) and hit the town with my best friend, who was dressed as Inspector Clouseau. A guy came up to me at one point and said "Are you...that purple mouse?" Someone else later shouted out "Inspector Gadget" to my friend.

Yup, just dressing up as that famous duo, Inspector Gadget and the Purple Mouse.
The Pink Panther is not A) purple or B) a mouse. I could understand somebody mistaking him for Snagglepuss, but a purple mouse? Who even is "that purple mouse"? Is there a purple mouse cartoon character that I don't know about?

Also, I love the Pink Panther.

SirWillow

Original Poster
‘Why don’t you go hit Goofy in the face?’

Mom to her child who looked around 5/6 years old

Sadly saw things like that a couple times a week. If we heard it we'd immediately cut in between the characters and the kids/ guests and say no way. Wouldn't let them near unless they promised they were not going to hit them. Did have a couple of times where I told parents that if their child hit them I was going to find the family some new "friends" to show them around- and out- of the park.

Must have been the Forum 'Stupid Guest Tricks'.
A great place to read stories about what it's really like to work at a Disney Theme Park, no matter the role.

-

I miss SGT. Had a lot of fun on their forums sharing stories and commiserating. BTW, they are around, sort of, in a different form. Some of the great people that were behind SGT are also involved with the Uncle Walts Disney satire site.

J_Carioca

The Pink Panther is not A) purple or B) a mouse. I could understand somebody mistaking him for Snagglepuss, but a purple mouse? Who even is "that purple mouse"? Is there a purple mouse cartoon character that I don't know about?

Those were pretty much my exact thoughts when it happened.

FettFan

Gadget Hackwrench.
h7il39xa3py21.png

Goofyernmost

more like non-existent 😔
They are barely existent now other then in one or two Splash attractions. They are not Disney Characters but are from the Uncle Remus lessons from the late 1800's. They are just there to tell the story of Brer Rabbit, Bear and Fox (along with others) Imagine that stories with a moral attached! These are stories that almost no one in current generations have ever even heard of without Disney interpretation. However, that doesn't stop them from being that despised IP that seems so worrisome anywhere else it is located. These were stories written in a different time and a different attitude, however the parts that anyone should find offensive from the stories are not included in the ride. Some did make it in the movie, again another time. We spend way to much time being critical of what was done in the past and way to little time trying to intelligently fix the present real problems to carry into the future.

But this is a prime example of how a thread falls off the rails. This thread is about the dumbest thing you've heard a guest say to a character. So back to the topic. I have never heard anyone say anything to a character because, well even speaking to a teenager in a costume like it was real is beyond my ability to reach the far into my imagination. I give any meet and greet a very wide area of separation. That causes me to think anyone speaking to a costume in any form might be in need of an intervention. So I got nothing!

Sbk1234

I ran up to Lokai (Thor's brother) to take a photo with my daughter, and loudly told her to pose for a picture with Batman. This prompted a comment from Lokai along the lines of "What did he just call me?!" Although, to be honest, I knew what I was saying and was just being a smart alec.

Giss Neric

I ran up to Lokai (Thor's brother) to take a photo with my daughter, and loudly told her to pose for a picture with Batman. This prompted a comment from Lokai along the lines of "What did he just call me?!" Although, to be honest, I knew what I was saying and was just being a smart alec.
It's Loki by the way. I think Loki was more mad not because you called him another character but a character from DC of all things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom