What is the dumbest thing you've heard a guest say to a character?

PurpleMan

In the Parks
No
Back in Disneyland California, at the Magic Happens parade, during the Sword in the Stone float, someone called Merlin Dumbledore. I know that movie is really really old but Arthur doesn't look like Harry Potter so why would Dumbledore be there in the first place?
I can see how someone can confuse Merlin for Dumbledore...
1595182585162.png

Well, if your staring at a 6ft tall male rabbit I'm sure your that dense to figure it out ..
It could be a former WNBA player in the rabbit suit...you never know. lol

MarvelCharacterNerd

You think that's bad? I witnessed a dude legitimately trying to hit on Gaston a few years back. It was awkward for sure.🤣
Maybe it's just more common at DL but I've seen the male characters handle it as graciously as the female characters when guys hit on them.

And I've seen female guests being as obnoxious/grabby with characters as male guests. So basically: whoever you are - don't be a jerk with the characters.

1595191157276.png

MickeyLuv'r

There used to be a whole forum, more or less, on this topic. Or at least it was all about stupid guests, and covered all the dumb things guests do, but posts died off, and it is long gone. I know there was section on character interactions, but I don't recall any specifics. Too bad, because some of the anecdotes were pretty funny.

Lirael

Saw a few male guests going to take a picture with Snow White and asking her to do a gesture with her arms that basically meant " you". Thankfully she knew it was bad and refused.

KikoKea

I heard one guy say to a character "Aren't you hot under all that"?
Never said it, but I've thought it many times.

I once heard someone ask the Fett character at a SW preview m&g if he was Bobba or Jango. To be fair, this person, while she had encouraged and financed her eldest son's addiction to all things Star Wars, did not pay much attention to lesser characters and back stories....although she did perk up when scruffy Han or smooth-talkin' Lando made an appearance.

Phonedave

Maybe it's just more common at DL but I've seen the male characters handle it as graciously as the female characters when guys hit on them.

And I've seen female guests being as obnoxious/grabby with characters as male guests. So basically: whoever you are - don't be a jerk with the characters.

View attachment 484813

My daughters and I were waiting to see Ariel in her grotto and there was a guy, maybe in his mid 30's in front of us. He had made a doll (like a 2' high doll) of Ariel that really looked a lot like the performer. He had a whole bunch of request for the character - hold the doll like this, look at it this way, "Stare at it longingly because the doll has legs and you want legs" while he took pictures. It started getting really awkward and the woman was clearly uncomfortable. Then the handler came in and ushered the guest off, in a polite way.

jloucks

My daughters and I were waiting to see Ariel in her grotto and there was a guy, maybe in his mid 30's in front of us. He had made a doll (like a 2' high doll) of Ariel that really looked a lot like the performer. He had a whole bunch of request for the character - hold the doll like this, look at it this way, "Stare at it longingly because the doll has legs and you want legs" while he took pictures. It started getting really awkward and the woman was clearly uncomfortable. Then the handler came in and ushered the guest off, in a polite way.
I dunno exactly why, but this one has me the most skeeved out of the batch.

SirWillow

Original Poster

Thankfully those kinds of creepy guests wanting to use the characters for their own photo shoots were rare. Was there no Photopass photographer? Because they or the attendant should have put a stop to that really quick. "Sorry sir, but only a couple of photos per guest, there are others waiting. We're happy to get one with you and the doll, but can't do just the doll."

I was at Disneyland Paris and Aurora walked past and a mother yelled excitedly at her daughter that Barbie was walking by. Bothered me.

ahh, there's one I had forgotten about. yes, heard that a few times.
What's even scarier is when you realize that there was actually a time when there was a Barbie show at Disney (at least at Epcot)

DVogel6913

dinner at the castle with the family when my uncle tried to tell the Belle working there about an encounter with "another Belle" at DHS years earlier. We tried to stop him and of course, she never broke character.

Patcheslee

Only dump thing I've heard is a guest asking Pooh if Piglet was on the menu at CP, in earshot of plenty little kids :rolleyes:
Not dumb but still makes me laugh: DD8 told Peter Pan if she flies to Neverland she has to tell me first so I wouldn't worry, but I wouldn't go because I'm afraid of heights. (thanks kid)

Dad 2 M & M

1) Got to be the guy and his fiance one with Ariel.....the Guy actually thinks he's the first one to ever ask, and Ariel has been trained for the comment and has the answer ready.

Story has been around for quite sometime now, and we've witnessed it a couple of times. The Dude asks Ariel if she can help his fiance "lose her voice"....to which Ariel looks to the dude's fiance replies "you need to find you another Prince".

I'm sure you've witnessed this in your tenure at the World.

I'm guessing most of the dudes who ask this have read this online, and thought they'd impress their fiance........this SAME story appeared recently on this forum.....and it appears every other year or so.....

2) Someone yells "there's Woody" to the Toy Story characters at DHS....thinking they will all "drop".....seen this one many times as well

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom