What is the dumbest thing you've heard a guest say to a character?

SirWillow

Original Poster
I admit up front, I'm doing a bit of research for a video I'm working on and hoping that some of your experiences will ring some bells and refresh some things in the old memorizer. It's also why I'm looking a bit specific. But I would love to hear what some of the dumbest, silliest, or just plain stupid things are that you've heard guests say to characters.

A couple that I heard quite often when I was working as a photopass photographer:

"Who are you?" Heard this a lot- and often asked about the Big Cheese himself!!

To Pluto: "Goofy, you're my favorite character!!" Heard this a lot as well, at which point Pluto would hold out his name tag for them to see.

To the chipmunks: "Look! It's Chip and Dip!"

I'd love to hear your funny ones!

Sharon&Susan

To the chipmunks: "Look! It's Chip and Dip!"
What other Disney Chipmunks are there, I only know of Chip and Dip!
Dip.jpg

Giss Neric

Back in Disneyland California, at the Magic Happens parade, during the Sword in the Stone float, someone called Merlin Dumbledore. I know that movie is really really old but Arthur doesn't look like Harry Potter so why would Dumbledore be there in the first place?

Speaking of this, I also heard many many times guests thinking Harry Potter land is in Disney.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I think the underlying theme for me, are people who use general references:

"Hey, there's Mickey's dog"
"Let's get a picture with the Duck guy"
"Look, it's Mickey's Girlfriend"

And the ever common - when somebody doesn't recognize a character: "What ride/movie is that one from?"

Cmdr_Crimson

I worked at Six Flags being good friends with Toons and I can assure you the Disney characters have delt with this as well....The guest will approach either giggling or serious face and come up an ask.....

"Are you a Guy...or a Girl?"

Well, if your staring at a 6ft tall male rabbit I'm sure your that dense to figure it out ..

SirWillow

Original Poster
"So what time is the 3:00pm parade at?"
Well, to be fair, sometimes it really isn’t at 3 o’clock.

Every cast member has heard that question. Multiple times. I've seen a lot of people try to excuse it, or find reasons for it, to explain that they don't really mean what they are asking but really asking something else, like when the parade will reach them.

i wish I could believe that, but it quickly becomes apparent the vast majority of them ask it because they think that's the name of the parade, not having a clue that the answer to their question is in the question itself.

After you hear it a couple of thousand times it loses it's humor and just becomes sad. :)

We'd still answer it with what time the parade would get to certain parts of the park, like the castle or main street in an attempt to let the guest save face and not look stupid. But we'd still know the truth. :)

I worked at Six Flags being good friends with Toons and I can assure you the Disney characters have delt with this as well....The guest will approach either giggling or serious face and come up an ask.....

"Are you a Guy...or a Girl?"

Well, if your staring at a 6ft tall male rabbit I'm sure your that dense to figure it out ..

I heard that asked of Pluto and Goofy. And Mickey. a lot. Even when he was standing with Minnie. About half the time I'd say they were referring to the "friend", but the other half they meant the character themselves.

ArialSinclair

About 8 years ago I was doing the character breakfast with a friend at the Crystal Palace when Tigger came by and I got up to get a photo with him. At that point he blew me a kiss and I was so dumbfounded because I'd never had a character make any sound to me so a second later I looked him straight in the eye and said: Tigger? Are you flirting with me? with a big smile on my face. To which he blew another kiss at me and I said: Well you ARE a saucy minx, aren't you?!? and then we both laughed and I got my picture with me. sigh... such a heart stealer! 😄

MarvelCharacterNerd

If you haven't seen Avengers: Infinity War or Endgame by now, I mean, really... But nonetheless - spoilery remark ahead - though I'll stay non-specific about who it was said to.

After each of those films, guests yelling out to various Marvel characters:

"Aren't you dead?!"

Like even on the day/weekend the film was released, causing screams of rage from people nearby who hadn't seen/been spoilered yet.

Jerkfaces.

I won't even mention the more vulgar comments I've heard people say to characters. :( When stuff like that happens, I literally turn to the characters and apologize to them on behalf of the human race. SMH

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom