What is the current mask policy at WDW?

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
No, I don't want to make a debate out of this, but in the event of us going to the parks again I always want to be informed of where thing are. So what is the policy in WDW right now?

Correct me if I am wrong, but is it that masks are only required indoors and on buses and such? In other words they ditched the idea of wearing them lines right? As well as outdoor rides. But are they still required on indoor rides?

JoeCamel

No, I don't want to make a debate out of this, but in the event of us going to the parks again I always want to be informed of where thing are. So what is the policy in WDW right now?

Correct me if I am wrong, but is it that masks are only required indoors and on buses and such? In other words they ditched the idea of wearing them lines right? As well as outdoor rides. But are they still required on indoor rides?

ne4now

Supposed to mask up indoors or on all transportation.
Honestly, They dont enforce the policy at all anyways. Was just there this weekend and you can do what you want.
I think the masks are theater for the most part but a couple times even I was annoyed this weekend.
1st was a group of about 8 inbreeds wearing matching shirts and no masks in an indoor portion of Rise of Resistance line. One of their group was coughing consistently and it got to the point I said something (people behind me were ready to attack them).
2nd was a couple, there with a large group on our "magic Express" ride to airport that both looked sick and were coughing. neither masked.
Cast members could care less (and I am 100% ok with that as long as you arent coughing consistently or showing cold/flu symptoms).
Masks are only still a thing because many people are too ignorant to cough or sneeze properly in a way to minimize spread. Watched a woman take down her mask to cough on a bus... "you cant fix stupid"

Last edited:

pbrsaau

Supposed to mask up indoors or on all transportation.
Honestly, They dont enforce the policy at all anyways. Was just there this weekend and you can do what you want.
I think the masks are theater for the most part but a couple times even I was annoyed this weekend.
1st was a group of about 8 inbreeds wearing matching shirts and no masks in an indoor portion of Rise of Resistance line. One of their group was coughing consistently and it got to the point I said something (people behind me were ready to attack them).
2nd was a couple, there with a large group on our "magic Express" ride to airport that both looked sick and were coughing. neither masked.
Cast members could care less (and I am 100% ok with that as long as you arent coughing consistently or showing cold/flu symptoms).
Masks are only still a thing because many people are too ignorant to cough or sneeze properly in a way to minimize spread. Watched a woman take down her mask to cough on a bus... "you cant fix stupid"
Interesting - we are going next week and I was wondering about this - that's why I'm posting here. I have been wearing a gator I fond more comfortable than a mask with bands over my ears. Are gators allowed now or do I need to find a mask with bands over my ears? Thanks!

DisneyJoe

Interesting - we are going next week and I was wondering about this - that's why I'm posting here. I have been wearing a gator I fond more comfortable than a mask with bands over my ears. Are gators allowed now or do I need to find a mask with bands over my ears? Thanks!
From that Disney link above

All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) should:
  • Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
  • Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin, triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom