What is the cost of an average WDW vacation for 5 days and 4 people?

mdcpr

Today I made the mistake of telling my mother how much I'm spending on a WDW vacation. She thinks I went crazy with this, so I would like to know what is the cost of an average WDW vacation the way we're doing it. Anyone care to share?

- 5 days over Thanksgiving break
- 4 airplane tickets
- 4 park hopper tickets for 4 days
- 4 nights accommodation at the Wilderness Lodge
- No dining plan, but will be doing cheap breakfast, counter lunches and 3 table dining
Approximate cost: $7-8K. Is this far off, within average or underbudget?

Thank you!

AugieMorosco

Today I made the mistake of telling my mother how much I'm spending on a WDW vacation. She thinks I went crazy with this, so I would like to know what is the cost of an average WDW vacation the way we're doing it. Anyone care to share?

- 4 airplane tickets
- No dining plan, but will be doing cheap breakfast, counter lunches and 3 table dining

Thank you!

We are spending a total of a little under 3k. Just my wife and I, we have no kids. 8 days park hopper, staying at Pop Century, free dining and upgraded to get table service credits, flights covered by Southwest points.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The average is however much those things are added up.
No one on here is gonna be able to tell you much different.
Someone may get better flight deals than you or a slightly discounted ticket or may stay value while you stay moderate etc.
Whatever the price is for what you decide on is the average price for you.

Upvote 0

Moana76

In the Parks
No
I spend significantly less than that, but I am a Florida resident with cheap APs for everyone in the family, we drive and stay off site, pack our own food in a cooler or eat off site. Even with all that, I still spent about 2k counting the APs. Next vacation we don't have to buy tickets so we are staying onsite and will spend about 1k.

Upvote 0

mdcpr

Original Poster
The average is however much those things are added up.
No one on here is gonna be able to tell you much different.
Someone may get better flight deals than you or a slightly discounted ticket or may stay value while you stay moderate etc.
Whatever the price is for what you decide on is the average price for you.
That's not the definition of average, but thank you for the feedback.

Upvote 0

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
images(2).jpg

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
That's not the definition of average, but thank you for the feedback.

For the specific things you listed all you'd have to do is go on and add them up. People aren't paying drasitcally different prices other than airfare potentially.
My point is its difficult to find an average since people all do Disney differently. You're staying deluxe. I'd stay value. That's going to give a GIANT price difference but its also a different experience all together. You want to know for 4 people but I only have 2. You want to know 4 day park hoppers but I only get 3 day p;ark hoppers etc. Apples and oranges ya know.

Upvote 0

mdcpr

Original Poster
For the specific things you listed all you'd have to do is go on and add them up. People aren't paying drasitcally different prices other than airfare potentially.
My point is its difficult to find an average since people all do Disney differently. You're staying deluxe. I'd stay value. That's going to give a GIANT price difference but its also a different experience all together. You want to know for 4 people but I only have 2. You want to know 4 day park hoppers but I only get 3 day p;ark hoppers etc. Apples and oranges ya know.
Yes, and this is why on my post I wrote 'I would like to know what is the cost of an average WDW vacation the way we're doing it,' and proceeded to add details. But again, thank you for the info.

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
A few factors that are going to be wildly different:

Distance traveled and means ( large dollar difference between Valuejet, JetBlue or Delta 2 hour plane flight, Spirit Air hop and which airport MCO or Sanford) Magical Express or rental vehicle(s)

Upvote 0

mdcpr

Original Poster
A few factors that are going to be wildly different:

Distance traveled and means ( large dollar difference between Valuejet, JetBlue or Delta 2 hour plane flight, Spirit Air hop and which airport MCO or Sanford) Magical Express or rental vehicle(s)
Magical Express and Jet Blue. We're not renting a car, just staying at WDW.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

- 4 airplane tickets

Thank you!
If my math is correct, there would be 25 variations on this five day trip depending on what day you arrive since resort pricing is now flexible. One would have to figure the flight cost, package pricing variances, and any other fluctuating cost for each different arrival through departure period. Add the 25 totals up and divide by 25. That would be rather time consuming.

Upvote 0

ElleJay1119

We did almost same as you May 2018 - 5 nights WL; 4 day park hoppers; 2 adults, 2 kids; memory maker; regular dining plan; DME and total was ~$4800. We used miles for flights.

We're doing 7 nights starting 11/30, split stay, first night at POFQ (we added this to add a night to beginning of trip to be there for Christmas party 12/1), then Contemporary (garden wing, not tower) for 6 nights; 5 day park tickets (no hopper); and again miles for flights and it is ~$7k. I booked in August last year.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Our trip is different than yours but DW & I have averaged about $6k going for 14 days staying at POFQ, with park hoppers, DDP. With us others have also questioned the cost but when I detail ALL the things Disney gives us for that money, they shut up. They are comparing trips theyve taken that do not and cannot be made in comparison to Disney. And money is just money anyway. I'll make more to make up for the expenditure. Its more important that we enjoy life as we can for as long as we can. Your family is going to get much more enjoyment, excitement and memories on your trip than at any other spot. Tell Mom thats what ultimately counts.

Upvote 0

mdcpr

Original Poster
Our trip is different than yours but DW & I have averaged about $6k going for 14 days staying at POFQ, with park hoppers, DDP. With us others have also questioned the cost but when I detail ALL the things Disney gives us for that money, they shut up. They are comparing trips theyve taken that do not and cannot be made in comparison to Disney. And money is just money anyway. I'll make more to make up for the expenditure. Its more important that we enjoy life as we can for as long as we can. Your family is going to get much more enjoyment, excitement and memories on your trip than at any other spot. Tell Mom thats what ultimately counts.
I totally agree. For us this could be a once in a lifetime due to...life. And in the event we don't come back again, I wanted to give the family a GREAT experience.

Upvote 0

winstongator

- 4 airplane tickets

Thank you!
It's funny. I try to tell my mom as little as possible about my family's finances, but I'd feel comfortable being full open-kimono with my dad. Zillow can be problematic. I can't not tell my mom my address, so she knows what we paid for our house, and what houses around us are selling for. I definitely didn't tell her what we spent on vacations the past 2 years, or even past that. Travel is expensive, but it sounds like your trip will be awesome and a great family memory.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

We did 5 days/4 nights for 4 adults December 20-24, 2018. Stayed at the Boardwalk Resort. Used miles for free airline tickets. Got free regular dining plan. Bought 4 days of PH tickets. Total cost: $5790. We usually stay at a value or moderate resort for far less, but this was a special occasion.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom