What is the best park in North America outside of Disney and Universal?

What is the best park in North America outside of Disney and Universal?

• Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Votes: 19 16.5%
  • Busch Gardens Tampa

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Sea World Orlando

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Sea World San Diego

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Dollywood

Votes: 32 27.8%
  • Silver Dollar City

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Cedar Point

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Canada's Wonderland

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Knott's Berry Farm

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 21 18.3%

• Total voters

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
So, obviously not counting anything at WDW. Or Universal Orlando. Or Disneyland Resort, or Universal Hollywood.

What would be after those parks? And is it even close to the same sort of experience?

Is it Cedar Point for the thrill junkies, Dollywood for the warmth/theming or even one of the Sea Worlds or Busch Gardens?

Disneyfan_76

In my experience, Dollywood. The only one I haven't been to is Silver Dollar City and Canada Wonderland. Cedar Point and Busch Gardens Tampa are great parks though.

disneyfireman

Holy cow..they left Number one of the list....Who made this poll? Its like leaving Ferrari off of the list of the worlds best sports cars...lol. Well, not just my opinion..but that of the industry..and its NOT on the list.
KINGS ISLAND in Cincinnati. Year after year it is ranked 1st in attendance and by popularity..over its rival Cedar Point not just here in Ohio in but nationwide. King Island wins this question...and a little fun fact....Roy Disney helped design it. It is a spotless park like the Disney Parks..and It now has 3 record breaking coasters.. 4 actually...If you've never been there...wow you are missing out.
I will say out of the above mentioned....Knots Berry farm is the best...and thats not debatable....but without K.i. its not a real poll.

Last edited:

sullyinMT

Holy cow..they left Number one of the list....Who made this poll? Its like leaving Ferrari off of the list of the worlds best sports cars...lol. Well, not just my opinion..but that of the industry..and its NOT on the list. KINGS ISLAND in Cincinnati. Year after year it is ranked 1st in attendance and by popularity..over its rival Cedar Point not just here in Ohio in but nationwide. King Island wins this question...and a little fun fact....Roy Disney helped design it. It is a spotless park like the Disney Parks..and It now has 3 record breaking coasters.. 4 actually...If you've never been there...wow you are missing out.
Another “hidden” KI vote here. A very good Halloween celebration, too. Not HHN good, but above solid. And an award winning kids ‘area, to boot.

Br0ckford

So I chose Dollywood, only because that is the most recent for me. And by recent I mean 2008. But I remember it was a blast. The only other one I have been to was Sea World Orlando and that was like 1987 on a field trip in 7th grade when we lived in Daytona Beach. Now if 6 Flags Great America was there it would have been close. Spent junior and senior year summers hanging out there.

Jrb1979

So I chose Dollywood, only because that is the most recent for me. And by recent I mean 2008. But I remember it was a blast. The only other one I have been to was Sea World Orlando and that was like 1987 on a field trip in 7th grade when we lived in Daytona Beach. Now if 6 Flags Great America was there it would have been close. Spent junior and senior year summers hanging out there.
Wow. Thats a long time for going to other parks outside of Disney. In 2019 I visited 10 different parks alone. For me Cedar Point is one of the best. They have some of the best sit-down restaurants park wise and they have the best coaster in the world in Steel Vengeance.

Br0ckford

Wow. Thats a long time for going to other parks outside of Disney. In 2019 I visited 10 different parks alone. For me Cedar Point is one of the best. They have some of the best sit-down restaurants park wise and they have the best coaster in the world in Steel Vengeance.
Yeah I'm not much for going outside my comfort zone. I am actually planning a trip to Sea World San Antonio next year so we will see how that goes.

Patcheslee

We're waiting to find out the fate of Top Thrill before attempting another visit. 2020 was a disaster for a first visit.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Holy cow..they left Number one of the list....Who made this poll? Its like leaving Ferrari off of the list of the worlds best sports cars...lol. Well, not just my opinion..but that of the industry..and its NOT on the list.
KINGS ISLAND in Cincinnati. Year after year it is ranked 1st in attendance and by popularity..over its rival Cedar Point not just here in Ohio in but nationwide. King Island wins this question...and a little fun fact....Roy Disney helped design it. It is a spotless park like the Disney Parks..and It now has 3 record breaking coasters.. 4 actually...If you've never been there...wow you are missing out.
I will say out of the above mentioned....Knots Berry farm is the best...and thats not debatable....but without K.i. its not a real poll.

I was at King's Island in 2011. Great park, absolutely. I just ran out of options. Maybe I wasn't sure how to do this, but I couldn't do more than 10 on the poll.

EricsBiscuit

Dollywood takes the cake with their amazing railroad
71707F80-4392-466A-A2F4-9698B6266263.jpeg
840F267D-9567-4804-A5B5-2D03B8E0A0FF.jpeg
3F3024F6-B9E1-448F-840D-8A55CB95C64F.jpeg

CynBeth

This is not on your list but we love Hersheypark. Of those included we have either not visited or did once but has been a long time. We have taken a day for Sea World Orlando every Disney trip so put that as the favorite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom