What is the best buffets to eat for breakfast and dinner?

jasonchas

Original Poster
What is the best buffets to eat for breakfast and dinner? We are going to Ohana's one morning, but we would like other options.

octoberbarry

Here are the buffets that stood out for us when we were there...of course we didn't eat at all of the buffets in the resort complex...

b'fast - Trail's End, Breakfastosaurus, Chef Mickey's

dinner - Boma, Hollywood & Vine, Crystal Palace (we actually ate lunch there but it was great)

saltmom1

I think it depends on the characters you want to see for breakfast. I have been to Crystal Palace and the one at Poly ( I can;t think of the name of it ). My daughter loves Pooh, so we stick with the Crystal Palace. The food is OK.

bhickman

Boma - Gets my B'fast vote for food quality.
Crystal Palace - Gets my vote for B'fast family favorite (Pooh)

Liberty Tree - Dinner vote for Home cooking while on vacation
O'hana - Was a great dinner now a step down since menu change

Been to Disney 17+ times and never got a chance to his Chef Mickey's for either B'fast or Dinner but hear its great.

Enjoy... What ever you choose!!

trr313

I have to vote for dinner Crystal Palace as a buffet but Liberty Tree Tavern is all you can eat and the food was great. For breakfast I vote for 1900 Park Fare. We tried Boma for breakfast in December and were very displeased with the quality maybe we just went on a bad day.

Budahman

Just got back the first week of December, and I loved the Biergarten for dinner.!! Decent atmosphere - excellent food.
Also enjoy Boma's at the AKL for dinner

For Breakfast, we have done Chef Mickeys. It was fun atmosphere, but way too crowded. I'd still do it again sometime down the road. In December, we also did Donalds Breakfastosaurus and thought it was a good time.

Ohana's is one I want to do for dinner and we will be doing on the next trip. Hope this helps.

tigsmom

Love Chef Mickey's for breakfast and though we haven't been for dinner yet there are other members of my family who love it.
Though not a buffet the all you care to eat at the Liberty Tree Tavern is great for dinner. If you like seafood (and there are non seafood selections too) try the Cape May Cafe for dinner... the breakfast there is also very nice.

luvGoofy

jasonchas said:
What is the best buffets to eat for breakfast and dinner? We are going to Ohana's one morning, but we would like other options.

I don't know about breakfast but Chef Mickey's for dinner is awesome!!:D

Texas84

Character Breakfast - Grand Floridian
Lunch/dinner - Hollywood & Vine
Not buffets, but all-you-can-eat (or as we Texans call it, family-style) - Whispering Canyon @ Wilderness Lodge (no characters, but wacky waitstaff) & Garden Grill at The Land (characters).

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
For breakfast I would have to say either Boma or Chef Mickey's.

For dinner I will say Chef Mickeys or the clambake at the Cape May Cafe.

Pam

lawyergirl77

Count me in as voting for Boma for both Breakkie and Dinner - one of the best values on property IMHO. We eat there at least once (for breakfast and lunch) every trip.

And everyone is knocking the menu change over at O'Hana, but I went there for my birthday a few weeks ago, and I loved it!!! Believe me, while some items have changed (and most people resist change), the menu is still wonderful, and all of us really liked the potatoes (and LOVED the bread pudding). O'Hana for breakfast, OTOH, I thought was a resounding "meh".

My other favourite, especially when it comes to atmosphere is the Crystal Palace. The food is quite good (not outstanding like the other two), especially for breakfast, but it's the amazing atmosphere (if you like chaos, sometimes :lol: ) and the character interaction that make it a great spot.

I've eaten at 1900 Park Fare and Hollywood and Vine - both good, but I would return to other places before going back.

Finally, I was blown away on my last trip by the Garden Grill. The food was quite good, but the service was incredible... And Mickey was amazing. Put it this way - a table of 4 adults, each wearing the following sets of ears: Eeyore, pirate Pluto, Goofy Santa hat, Tigger Santa hat. Mickey shows up at our table, starts pitching a pretend fit about the fact that none of us have Mickey ears, pulls people from other tables to come over and scold us, and then goes off in search of a magic marker so that we can all be wearing faux Mickey ears. It was probably one of the most memorable meals on property, and should be experienced just for that!!

And I still haven't been to Chef Mickeys... :eek: We were supposed to go there for breakfast on our last day of vacation but everyone was too stuffed to even think of another buffet meal!!! :lol:

lscott933

i like eat at the 1900 park fare for both dinner and breakfast buffet. you can order an eggs the way you what them in the morning at the buffet. then for dinner you can order a pasta dinner cooked the way you want.
the other breakfast buffet i like is cape may. it is never hardly ever crowded when we go there for breakfast.

BRER STITCH

OHANA, BIERGARTEN, and LIBERTY TREE for DINNER! :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

Breakfast is so 'hit or miss' for food quality, but you can't beat the pure FUN of Chef Mickey's!

debpeduz

Chef Mickey's - great for breakfast; even better at dinner!

Biergarten - fabulous for lunch or dinner!

Cape May Cafe - been there for breakfast, but love the clam bake for dinner!

Boma - can't say enough great things about the variety of food and the excellent wine list for dinner!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom