What is one closed attraction that is considered beloved on here, but you think was over rated ?

Quietmouse

Original Poster
This is kind of a tricky topic for me, personally, since due to my age, I never got to experience the previous closed attractions and can only reference YouTube videos to get a glimpse of what they were like.

That said, I feel like there is a list of beloved closed attractions that are still very highly regarded on this sub (horizons, old journey into your imagination, great movie ride, etc).

That said, which ride do you think that closed down was highly regarded on here, but you personally think it’s memory is, “over rated”.

For me, I’ll start with Mr. Toad:

This ride is brought up alot on here, and I had to check it out on YouTube (I know the Disneyland version still exists). I didn’t really understand the hype. Was it always cardboard cut outs jumping in and out? There are hardly any audio animatronics ? And seems rather short….do people just like the ip more so than the ride itself?

JIMINYCR

Yes it was an old time attraction, one youd likely find in a traveling carnival. It was typical of what youd find in a park in past years gone by. It was fun and exciting before new tech was developed that modernized attractions. Although it was taken away it still holds fond memories for those of us who enjoyed the old feel it had and the connection to a story book and film many of us connected with. I was able to ride the DL version a short time ago and renewed my love for Toad.
There were no moving animatronics, no flashy thrills, nothing that newer generations now desire, but it held a charm that existed that you cant find anywhere else today. Its too bad the simple attractions must completely vanish at the expense of flash bang in your face knock you off your feel attractions being pushed out now.
I wish Dis would add a land just for featuring all those old attractions that we love for their nostalgia and remind us what got us here today.

My over rated attraction.... Captain EO. Many people on here love it and they have a strong connection with MJ which adds to their fondness of it. Dis brought it back for a time which at the time I did not take the time to revisit. I never found it enjoyable from the story, the odd characters or the special affects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom