What is it the Universal does BETTER than Disney?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Original Poster
Being a Disney fanboy, I'm always going to choose WDW over Uni, but that's not to say that Uni doesn't have some things going for it that Disney is missing out on.
Ticket prices are better (though you can argue that WDW is a better value overall).
I think a lot of the shows/preshows are more impressive (again debatable).
And there's more of a "thrill factor" at Uni (once again, debatable).
Anyone want to contribute? Especially since my points are kind of feeble...

krankenstein

facepalm.jpg

CaptainMichael

A Studios park. US > DHS any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Tower of Terror is the only thing that keeps it remotely close.

City Walk > PI I can't wait to experience Rising Star.

Another thing, they are not afraid to push the envelope.

SirGoofy

This thread should be fun.

In the past 20 years, Uni has been far more inventive/adventurous than Disney, who seems to be resting on its name/laurels.

FigmentJedi

They got a good variety of licenses and they've done some good things with them.
They just aren't as good at immersing you into the setting as Disney is.

BrerPete

They got a good variety of licenses and they've done some good things with them.
They just aren't as good at immersing you into the setting as Disney is.

Definitely. I'm not sure if they updated their superhero parade. About five off road type cycles. Brilliant. Wonderful parade...... Think it was two minutes long.

SeaBreeze

Hmm, where's that popcorn smiley? This should be a fun thread.

I don't really want to compare the parks since it's all so subjective. For example, I think Spiderman is among the best attractions on Orlando and HHN has amazing execution but that's not an event for everyone. However, I will say that I feel like, using my degree, I'd have more fun working for Universal than Disney...I really like the technology that they're playing with (and I thought I had a good way in when I worked for GE but no no, not where they get their engineers from :lol:)

Not that working Disney would be awful :lookaroun

hpyhnt 1000

In terms of thrills and pushing the envelop, Universal definitely does a better job (but then again, the business who is behind the leader generally is more innovative in an attempt to gain marketshare, so I suppose it shouldn't be that suprising).also, Universal's express system is a great incentive for on site guests, something Disney should really look into implementing.

oochr1soo

Hmm, where's that popcorn smiley? This should be a fun thread.

I don't really want to compare the parks since it's all so subjective. For example, I think Spiderman is among the best attractions on Orlando and HHN has amazing execution but that's not an event for everyone. However, I will say that I feel like, using my degree, I'd have more fun working for Universal than Disney...I really like the technology that they're playing with (and I thought I had a good way in when I worked for GE but no no, not where they get their engineers from :lol:)

Not that working Disney would be awful :lookaroun

What does HHN stand for?

DizneyPryncess

Ditto on Citiwalk. We don't always visit Universal parks on our trips, but we almost always make a visit to Citiwalk. Also, Universal respresents some great movies in their studios. I'm not a DHS fan as much. However, in most aspects, Disney trumps Universal for me. Disney has repeat value, but Universal isn't somewhere I need to frequently see.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
well, this thread isn't too bad so far...I don't see a lot of "zomg, disney is always beeetteerer, uni ahs noathig on disney becauz they got 2 parkz and disney has 4 parkz"

This is what I enjoy about Universal more:

1.) Layout of the complex, everything is within walking distance, parks, hotels, and citywalk...all right there, kinda like Disneyland actually (but with TWO good parks :p )

2.) As part of this, no buses needed to get where you're going, nice, relaxing ferry boat rides...wonderful hotels that are less expensive than Disney's for the amenities

3.) Food. Universal in most cases has Disney beat overall, unless you get into the really pricey fare. Plus Universal has Mythos, enough said.

4.) Relaxing atmosphere extends to other aspects, there's no need for making reservations 6 months in advance for restaurants, you get front of the line access as a resort guest

5.) Since the demographics are a bit different, there aren't strollers everywhere :zipit:

6.) Excellent technology in their attractions and more edgy themes, things they do that Disney won't (or won't for long...like Alien Encounter being replaced by Stitch...that wouldn't have happened if it was at Universal)

7.) Lower prices for Florida Residents, especially AP passes and more perks and discounts for AP holders as well.

8.) Besides HHN, their other special events are not separate admission, close the park and make everyone leave early so they can reopen and charge $50 again, like at Disney. HHN basically transforms the park(s) into a different experience altogether, so its not like they just hand out candy and let you dress up, and charge you $50 for the same stuff you could do in the daytime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom