What is it about Toy Story Midway Mania....

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
picture.php

sorry I had chicken kebab and chilli sauce for lunch

the-reason14

Because it is a fun game/ride that everyone can ride. I still hate how they got rid of the SL and I hate how they started to block off certain areas to get to the ride, but I do like the ride. I was there running alongside a lot of people last month and was the first ride I went to each morning at mgm. I was fortunate enough to get 2 fp for it, one before I rode, and one before I left mgm. And thankfully my dad got me an extra 1 so I had plenty of trips.

gettingsmaller

Lots of good reasons people have given.
How about this one:
The crowd going there CAUSES the crowd going there. :brick:

What I mean is this: if you are going to DHS, and you have heard (or you know) that your best chance of getting a fastpass OR of getting in line without waiting 90 minutes is to GO FIRST THING, then you're likely going to go FIRST THING--just like everyone else.
I'd guess that it may decrease over time (as I'm sure Soarin' has), but will mostly continue until they get another E-ticket in there or until the mid-day waits become less insane (maybe 45 minutes or something)--which may not happen until they get another E-ticket...

Susan Savia

Yep, we did that two days of our visit in January. Rope drop walk/ran to the fast pass machines, hopped in line to ride and then later another ride. Its the kinda ride you just want to do over and over. Seems like your in and out in seconds tho...Certainly not worth a 60 minute wait. :) :)

Based on the crowds and wait times for TSM over the past summer/fall/winter since it has been open, can someone offer an estimate of what the standby times will be for the summer vacation season? I'm curious about what to expect, and I don't know what the standard standby times were last summer.

Chape19714

Based on the crowds and wait times for TSM over the past summer/fall/winter since it has been open, can someone offer an estimate of what the standby times will be for the summer vacation season? I'm curious about what to expect, and I don't know what the standard standby times were last summer.
Expect about 120 minute waits over the summer. :wave:

And thanks EpcotServo...this thread needed that! At least you know the truth.

Tink313

When we were there in Aug. we rode TSM a couple of times without FP and it might of been our luck but TSM line moves really fast.
The sign would say 120mins or more, but once we got to the doors to go in(after waiting 5mins) I would time it, and we always would make it to the ride within 30mins :sohappy:

And with my very active 2 year old I wouldnt had made it 120 mins with him:hammer:. This is one line I didnt mind being in. It has ac, lots of thing to look at and talk about, Mr potato head, and a fast moving que. I wish Peter Pan was more like it:animwink:

surfsupdon

Kids like playing video games to an obsessive level. That's why Midway Mania so popular.

Both Midway Mania and Soarin' should abolish FastPass. Both lines move fast--Soarin very fast--without Fastpass open. We had an 18 minute Soarin wait with the line just before the giant large interactive screens.

wvdisneyfamily

My husband and I have talked about this a lot. We personally love it and take part in said mad dash. Take a look at the BIG rides at MGM. Tower, Aerosmith, Star Tours. With the exception of the shows, Backlot Tour, and Great Movie Ride, what can a family with big and little kids do all together? Toy Story is probably the best family attraction at MGM.

Joseph360

It's a VERY popular ride, it's been only about a year, and people LOVE it. I went Jan. 16-24 and one morning we went and we rode a few rides, then passed by the time board... 100 min.:eek: I couldn't believe it, but my dad said for that, it's typical, so be ready anyone who wants to ride in the near future...:D

It is an AMAZING ride, nontheless

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
Well I'm sorry you are so doubtful, but Trust me, it's true. I've personally been on the board several times, and it is possible. And when it comes to TSMM, you should trust me...that's all I shall say.

Afraid I can't. Those high scores are ridiculously unrealistic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom