What is everyone's favorite WDW attraction and why?

Tom

Beta Return
And my personal favorite part: It blends well with its neighbors.
towerofmorroco-e1399146268789.jpg

Which doesn't sound like much by itself....until you look at examples where the show building is so out of place that it practically backhands you in the eyeballs.
soarin-building.jpg

And, to a lesser extent, Lights Motors Action has had the same problem.....if you're sitting at the top of the stadium, you see this wonderful view of a French coastal town....with the Tower Hotel, the Chinese Theater, and the Empire State and Chrysler buildings jutting up behind it.

Seriously, did they read the blueprints backwards? Why not place the stadium on the east side, where you 1. wouldn't have New York City and Hollywood popping up in the background and 2. wouldn't make the guests walk ALL THE WAY AROUND the attraction to get to their seats?

Because it's a "working studio" and therefore they didn't/don't have to adhere to any Disney principles or design standards. Just like their excuse for seeing CMs in wrong "lands" - because that's what you'd see on a Hollywood backlot. In other words, they had/have an easy out to not put effort into things.

Another reason why I love ToT - it was the end of an era of caring. Your photos prove that, hands down. It blends perfectly with Morocco....they actually worried about sight lines in ANOTHER PARK. Then you have the monstrosity that is Soarin looming above Canada. Oh, but the sky blue paint makes it go away, just like painting a building go-away green in the middle of a park.

JiminyandTink

First off, let me give some love to Spaceship Earth because it is a great ride and hasn't been mentioned yet...
But I think Pirates and Haunted Mansion will always be my favorites, such classics but still great rides today... I do love ToT as well though

RobOttawa

That's a tough one because my two favorite Disney attractions are not at WDW. Radiator Springs Racers and Pooh's Hunny Hunt.
But at WDW, I think Kilimanjaro Safaris would be my favorite because its immersive, long, and real(mostly). I also love how much attention to detail they put into it's design.

danyoung56

The audio is among the greatest at Disney and Frees is the best narrator of any WDW attraction.

From Wikipedia, referring to the DL version -

"In 2001, a newer, more detailed safety spiel was added to the onboard audio of the Dommbuggies in the Load Area, now featuring voice-over artist and Paul Frees impersonator Joe Leahy, giving a bilingual safety spiel as part of a park-wide attempt to increase safety at attractions."

And then, for WDW -

"In 2003, just like at Disneyland, a bilingual safety spiel was added to the Load Area, also featuring voice-over artist and Paul Frees impersonator Joe Leahy, giving a safer warning as part of another park-wide attempt to increase safety at attractions."

It's not really clear if Joe Leahy is now doing the entire narration or just the new-ish safety spiels. Anyone know?

Chef Mickey

From Wikipedia, referring to the DL version -

"In 2001, a newer, more detailed safety spiel was added to the onboard audio of the Dommbuggies in the Load Area, now featuring voice-over artist and Paul Frees impersonator Joe Leahy, giving a bilingual safety spiel as part of a park-wide attempt to increase safety at attractions."

And then, for WDW -

"In 2003, just like at Disneyland, a bilingual safety spiel was added to the Load Area, also featuring voice-over artist and Paul Frees impersonator Joe Leahy, giving a safer warning as part of another park-wide attempt to increase safety at attractions."

It's not really clear if Joe Leahy is now doing the entire narration or just the new-ish safety spiels. Anyone know?
I've ridden the WDW version so many times and have the original Frees narration on CD. The only impersonator part is the Spanish speaking sections.

The regular ride is still the original Frees track, I am 99.99999999999999% sure. I know it all by heart.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I'm going to cheat a little and put a few:
Splash Mountain - one of the best rides WDI has EVER created; it has awesome songs, amazing scenery and animatronics, and there's a 50 foot drop!

Spaceship Earth - IMO the best OmniMover in the resort and definitely Epcot's best ride; also it's the icon of my favorite park

Rock 'n' Rollercoaster - love Aerosmith and the combination of high speed, inversions, and a blasting soundtrack make this my favorite roller coaster at any Disney park

KaliSplash

Despite the Kali and the beginning of my name, it's actually Splash Mountain. (I like Kali a lot, an awful lot). It's a log flume ride, it had a great drop, it had fantastic music, it has a good story. It has great AAs. It's not a 4-minute quickie. It IS great at night. (personal record, 13 consecutive runs on an E-ride night.)

disneygeek90

It's so hard to pick :( But i'll list my top 3 currently.
1. Dinosaur- Thrilling ride. I think my favorite part is just seeing how legitimately scared kids and adults get. Also, pictures.
2. Splash Mountain- The perfect ride, honestly. Good songs, good length. Overall fun.
3. Space Mountain- Classic that never gets old.
Haunted Mansion honorable mention.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Country Bear Jamboree is my all time fav. It was my favourite when I was a little little kid, and for that reason, I love it today. Plus, it represents my state very well. I gave it a nickname... South Carolina - The Musical

Chrononymous

Splash Mountain is my Happy Place...er...I mean Laughin' Place!
Everything about it makes me as excited as a 6 year old.
The queue music makes me happy. The anticipation of rounding the bend...and seeing the logs..makes me happy.
The ride is full of genius storytelling...the build up is brilliant, the multiple drops before the big one...the AAs are so well done. The effects, music and story all blend beautifully to make the payoff thrill truly feel like a thrill.
And then there's the final scene to celebrate surviving the Briar Patch!
Love this ride so very very much.
Though a few others come to mind as being exceptional ride experiences as well ( Tower of Terror, Haunted Mansion)
They don't make me quite as giddy and happy when riding them!

Miss Heinous

Space Mountain (even though it's the worst version), because of the beautiful queue music, the odd and the ethereal way space is depicted as a romantic frontier filled with hand scraping metal and bad techno music.

If I could be serious for a moment, almost all of my favorite attractions were lost in the 90's (JII, Kitchen Kabaret, WoM, Horizons) it's really hard to pick favorites anymore.

patch553

Dumbo, purely because of the look on my wife's face every time she rides it! Without fail it makes us both smile

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom