What is an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner?

WDW Vet

Original Poster
I've been on a few websites and see some that say they are "Authorized Disney Vacation Planners" What does that mean? Do they get better deals? Can they get you free upgrades? I used an agency a few years ago that did a great job and saved us money and really helped us plan a great vacation.

I'm planning another trip so should I go to an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? I mean if they can get me something better than just a regular agency that makes sense right? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

luv

I don't really know. But I think it's like the bare minimum. I' know there are authorized Disney planners who don't know too much about Disney.

What you want is a travel agent who specializes in Disney...Disney is their main deal.

Disney is so wildly confusing and has so many deals popping up that you really need to do it for a living to be on top of it all. If Disney isn't your main focus, you just won't be able to keep up.

I've heard good things about Kingdom Konsultants here on this site. Any time one of them pops up to answer a question, they seem to know what they're talking about...and I've seen a LOT of self-appointed Disney experts who do not know what they're talking about.

I wish I'd known about these folks back when I was planning my first trip(s)!!

I_heart_Tigger

An authorized Disney Vacation Planner has done Disney's fairly in depth training courses. My only concern with Disney compared to Universal training is that I had to actually go to Universal and stay on property in order to be classified a Universal Orlando expert. Unless the rules in the US are different for my training in Canada (I believe the courses are the same but the title of "Authorized vacation Planner" isn't used here) an agent can be an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner without ever having set foot on Disney property. (American agents can correct me if I'm wrong here).

The training is quite useful though and does certainly assist when it comes time to help someone find the right package and look for the best deals but Disney is an odd entity...just when you think you know it all you meet someone who knows more. I would never claim to know everything about Disney but frankly I don't need to in order to book the ideal Disney vacation for someone.

So while I would definitely recommend using an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner I wouldn't automatically assume that they will know every little detail about every park.

bethymouse

I have gone w/ other "authorized vacation planners", and asked for quotes. I compare it to WDW Travel Co. and it is exactly the same price quote!;)

MinnieGirl33

A travel agency can only call themselves an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner after meeting certain criteria set forth by Disney. Criteria ranges from training & education for its agents to sales volume.

They do not get access to any "secret deals" but, in theory, their agents should be very knowledgeable about the entire Disney product line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom