What is above Tower of Terror basement Ceiling grates?

Tower of Terror Theater

Original Poster
I have been working nearly two yrs on recreating a realistic reproduction of Tower of Terror Basement elevator entrance of the ride. One of the new effects i have been dreaming about is to place faux ceiling grates in the ceiling of the set and then using a combination of photographs, miniatures, lighting and sound effects giving the illusion of the floor above the basement (ie, boilers or electric elevator motors, etc). I also intend to have speakers along the ceiling to give the effect of a running child (this could represent either the little girl from the "Little girl lost" episode for which I already have incorporated effects in the set, or Sally Shine, the girl actress who enters the elevator in the intro video, never to be seen from again. My specific question is has anyone looked through the ceiling grates, and can tell me what they see, or knows of a photograph through the ceiling grates. Perhaps the areas that have ceiling grates above are not accessible to guests, and there is nothing more than lighting above the grates; I just dont know.

TOT red pipe.jpeg

Rodj

I have been working nearly two yrs on recreating a realistic reproduction of Tower of Terror Basement elevator entrance of the ride. One of the new effects i have been dreaming about is to place faux ceiling grates in the ceiling of the set and then using a combination of photographs, miniatures, lighting and sound effects giving the illusion of the floor above the basement (ie, boilers or electric elevator motors, etc). I also intend to have speakers along the ceiling to give the effect of a running child (this could represent either the little girl from the "Little girl lost" episode for which I already have incorporated effects in the set, or Sally Shine, the girl actress who enters the elevator in the intro video, never to be seen from again. My specific question is has anyone looked through the ceiling grates, and can tell me what they see, or knows of a photograph through the ceiling grates. Perhaps the areas that have ceiling grates above are not accessible to guests, and there is nothing more than lighting above the grates; I just dont know.

View attachment 571842
The only things above the grates are some of the piping, majority of the ambient(blue) lighting, speakers, and the upper pulley for the fake elevator motors. This video shows it off well:

Tower of Terror Theater

Original Poster
Is this a themed space in your home? If so, do you mind sharing photos?
Yes Beacon Joe this is a former enclosed patio that has been themed after the Tower of Terror. Exterior areas of the backyard leading to the patio are also being themed. Here is a link to a video of the project. Check out the YouTube channel that has over 150 videos on the entire development of the project and multitude of props developed for the project.

Beacon Joe

Yes Beacon Joe this is a former enclosed patio that has been themed after the Tower of Terror. Exterior areas of the backyard leading to the patio are also being themed. Here is a link to a video of the project. Check out the YouTube channel that has over 150 videos on the entire development of the project and multitude of props developed for the project.

Wow. Just. Wow.

Beautiful work!

Edit: I'm new to this subforum (sorry, I never really scrolled down this far before lol), and love what people are documenting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom