What IPs should go into Animal Kingdom ?

eddie104

Original Poster
Name 5 lands that you think would best fit the theme of AK and how you would incorporate into them into existing park.
  1. Create 2-3 attractions for each
  2. Restaurants and shows included
  3. You can create new areas like Australia to fit the IP
  4. Put a timeline together of when this transformation would be complete
  5. Budget estimate
  6. Does not have to be a Disney owned property but preferably it should be

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
5 lands? Where are these going?

Crocodile Cotillion, sponsored by Lacoste
1. Crocodile Meet 'n Greet
2. Whack-a-preppy
3. Crocodile Dentistry Adventure

The Arctic Circle, presented by North Face
1. The Polar Ice Cap Meltdown (The wildest water ride this side of the real arctic!)
2. Polar Bear Memorial (Visit the Maelstrom Polar Bear and have your picture taken for $49.82)
3. Penguin Playground (The little ones can put on snowsuits and pretend they're penguins. Without water).

Australia
1. Marahute's Flight
2. Bianca's Hungarian Roller-Scoter
3. Iguana Encounter (Like Alien Encounter but with a giant Iguana)

Egypt
1. Camel-ot, a giant pyramid inhabited by... camels.
2. Agatha Christie's Murder on the Nile Adventure

The Brie of Life
Journey into the giant Brie of Life to see and sample cheese made from all over the world, including Asu Marzu a traditional Sardinian cheese that contains live maggots. Nahtazu!
Your preppy reference is about five years out of date. Preppies are wearing Vineyard Vines these days.

eddie104

Original Poster
5 lands? Where are these going?

Crocodile Cotillion, sponsored by Lacoste
1. Crocodile Meet 'n Greet
2. Whack-a-preppy
3. Crocodile Dentistry Adventure

The Arctic Circle, presented by North Face
1. The Polar Ice Cap Meltdown (The wildest water ride this side of the real arctic!)
2. Polar Bear Memorial (Visit the Maelstrom Polar Bear and have your picture taken for $49.82)
3. Penguin Playground (The little ones can put on snowsuits and pretend they're penguins. Without water).

Australia
1. Marahute's Flight
2. Bianca's Hungarian Roller-Scoter
3. Iguana Encounter (Like Alien Encounter but with a giant Iguana)

Egypt
1. Camel-ot, a giant pyramid inhabited by... camels.
2. Agatha Christie's Murder on the Nile Adventure

The Brie of Life
Journey into the giant Brie of Life to see and sample cheese made from all over the world, including Asu Marzu a traditional Sardinian cheese that contains live maggots. Nahtazu!
Wow you have such interesting ideas that I probably would have never thought of especially The Arctic Circle. Also love the creativity used for the names of the attractions and could see the majority of them working perfectly in the park.

NickWilde

I really only have one land idea, and it’s based on Zootopia, replacing Planet Watch. (I think my fellow Zootopia lover @Zootopia Dude will like this) The area will be based off the “downtown/savannah central” area of Zootopia, AKA the one that the majority of the film takes place in, with all sorts of little details showing how a city full of anthropomorphic animals could function. The train leading to it would be re-themed to the Zootopia Express, the train that took Judy into Zootopia at the beginning of the film.

So for the three attraction ideas:

#1: Do Meet and Greets count as attractions? Because one with Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps is a must.

#2 A CS restaurant would also be a good idea to have in the land. The menu would give us a glimpse into what the inhabitants of Zootopia eat, with a lot of vegetarian + vegan options and absolutely no pork, beef or other meats that come from mammals, as to fit with the lore. (There will still be other meats though)

#3: A motion simulator ride located inside Precinct 1 from the movie. The story could involve guests being new recruits to the ZPD, and become involved in a chase, being guided by Nick and Judy.

Very elaborate I know. I’ve been thinking about this for a while, and this is what I came up with.

eddie104

Original Poster
I really only have one land idea, and it’s based on Zootopia, replacing Planet Watch. (I think my fellow Zootopia lover @Zootopia Dude will like this) The area will be based off the “downtown/savannah central” area of Zootopia, AKA the one that the majority of the film takes place in, with all sorts of little details showing how a city full of anthropomorphic animals could function. The train leading to it would be re-themed to the Zootopia Express, the train that took Judy into Zootopia at the beginning of the film.

So for the three attraction ideas:

#1: Do Meet and Greets count as attractions? Because one with Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps is a must.

#2 A CS restaurant would also be a good idea to have in the land. The menu would give us a glimpse into what the inhabitants of Zootopia eat, with a lot of vegetarian + vegan options and absolutely no pork, beef or other meats that come from mammals, as to fit with the lore. (There will still be other meats though)

#3: A motion simulator ride located inside Precinct 1 from the movie. The story could involve guests being new recruits to the ZPD, and become involved in a chase, being guided by Nick and Judy.

Very elaborate I know. I’ve been thinking about this for a while, and this is what I came up with.
Yes meets and greets do count as as attractions and nice ride idea.

TwilightZone

Chesters and hesters becomes the good dinosaur land
1. dark ride featuring plot
2. rollercoaster where you get chased by those chicken looking raptors (i think those were raptors anyways)
3. a fried chicken restaurant
South America
1. pull the lever kronk!

Cmdr_Crimson

Because everyone wants to change the Aspect of the entire park..The name would change to Disney's Adventure Kingdom...It's not like MK Is an enitre Fantasyland and Epcot is Tomorrowland...Which makes AK An Adventureland..

eddie104

Original Poster
Chesters and hesters becomes the good dinosaur land
1. dark ride featuring plot
2. rollercoaster where you get chased by those chicken looking raptors (i think those were raptors anyways)
3. a fried chicken restaurant
South America
1. pull the lever kronk!
I think an incredibles land would be perfect in DHS don't you think so ?

Disney Maddux

Oh boy, here we go...

MY FULL IDEA FOR A ZOOTOPIA LAND:

ATTRACTIONS:

Judy and Nick M&G - You can’t do a Zootopia area without having a M&G for Judy and Nick. My idea was for it to take place in city hall, where for “one day only”, you can meet Zootopia’s two heroes.

The Great Weasel Chase - The main attraction the land. It would be a trackless ride. It would be about Duke Weaselton sabotaging with the controls of the ecosystems around the city. With Judy and Nick’s help, you’d be chasing after Weaselton.

Skytram Mayhem - This would use the arm-coaster technology we saw in that patent a while back. It would be about you getting on the Zootopia Skytram, only for the track to be broken and get tangled up in vines and old skytram tracks.

RESTAURANT

Savannah Cafe - This would be a nice restaurant in the Savannah Central/Prestinct 1 area. Plenty of vegan-friendly options, and a few others. Quick-service area, and the main area which you would need a reservation for. It would have an animatronic Gazelle performing on a stage (kinda like Cosmic Ray’s, except it’s actually good).

BUDGET & TIMELINE

The budget would be a little more than Avatar, so most likely about 500m.

The timeline would be as follows:

-D23 2019, it is announced that Rafiki’s Planet Watch will be closed and demolished by the end of the year, with a Zootopia area to take it over in 2022.

-Early 2020, RPW is completelt demo’d, and construction has begun on Zootopia.

-Late 2022, Zootopia 2 is now out, and the land is open.

NickWilde

Oh boy, here we go...

ATTRACTIONS:

Judy and Nick M&G - You can’t do a Zootopia area without having a M&G for Judy and Nick. My idea was for it to take place in city hall, where for “one day only”, you can meet Zootopia’s two heroes.

The Great Weasel Chase - The main attraction the land. It would be a trackless ride. It would be about Duke Weaselton sabotaging with the controls of the ecosystems around the city. With Judy and Nick’s help, you’d be chasing after Weaselton.

Skytram Mayhem - This would use the arm-coaster technology we saw in that patent a while back. It would be about you getting on the Zootopia Skytram, only for the track to be broken and get tangled up in vines and old skytram tracks.

RESTAURANT

Savannah Cafe - This would be a nice restaurant in the Savannah Central/Prestinct 1 area. Plenty of vegan-friendly options, and a few others. Quick-service area, and the main area which you would need a reservation for. It would have an animatronic Gazelle performing on a stage (kinda like Cosmic Ray’s, except it’s actually good).

BUDGET & TIMELINE

-D23 2019, it is announced that Rafiki’s Planet Watch will be closed and demolished by the end of the year, with a Zootopia area to take it over in 2022.

I love it! Brilliant ideas all around!

Last edited:

eddie104

Original Poster
Oh boy, here we go...

ATTRACTIONS:

RESTAURANT

BUDGET & TIMELINE

Perfect and just in time for the sequel.

justintheharris

Oh boy, here we go...

ATTRACTIONS:

RESTAURANT

BUDGET & TIMELINE

But isn’t Duke Weaselton from Frozen? That’s a bit confusing for me. Everything else seems great.

EDIT: Just used google to realize that his name is a reference to a Frozen character. My bad

Spash007

Honestly, I find it hard to think of IPs that could get a full land in Animal Kingdom without breaking from the feeling of the rest of the park. Zootopia I think does have the possibility, and the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch makes it seem like a possibility, along with all the land up there. That said, I do think Rafiki's Planet Watch fills a certain need for the park to have a a caring for animals, and even a petting zoo area. Clearly the animals would still need care though, so I would be all for moving that somewhere a little less burdensome to get to.

I could see an Islands of the Pacific type area to be built where Nemo is. Incorporate the Nemo show (which really doesn't fit in Dinoland anyway), and then (wait for it...) build the lost fire mountain coaster behind it with a Moana theme. Only problem here is that this mountain would be so close to Everest, it could be a sightline issue. From google maps this appears to be where Discovery River leads out of the park, so it would be nice to have the area built along that, incorporating the water in well and the buildings all looking like Moana's village. Add a Moana M&G, and a quick service restaurant in a longhouse style building.

There also could be a North America section built, but I'm not exactly sure where and how the transition from another land would work. It could have a Pocahontas boat ride which would have some slight rapids in it to make a little exciting, but nothing too intense since Kali already is in the park. There could be bears brought in, in a walk through called "your Brother Bear", and if there is a Zootopia area, bring the petting zoo and even medical area over here. Other potential IPs to be used would be the Princess & the Frog (perhaps a boat ride to the bayou), and Bambi (probably just another walk through). I see a Wilderness type sit-down restaurant coming in here, maybe even just bring Artist Point over here.

eddie104

Original Poster
Honestly, I find it hard to think of IPs that could get a full land in Animal Kingdom without breaking from the feeling of the rest of the park. Zootopia I think does have the possibility, and the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch makes it seem like a possibility, along with all the land up there. That said, I do think Rafiki's Planet Watch fills a certain need for the park to have a a caring for animals, and even a petting zoo area. Clearly the animals would still need care though, so I would be all for moving that somewhere a little less burdensome to get to.

I could see an Islands of the Pacific type area to be built where Nemo is. Incorporate the Nemo show (which really doesn't fit in Dinoland anyway), and then (wait for it...) build the lost fire mountain coaster behind it with a Moana theme. Only problem here is that this mountain would be so close to Everest, it could be a sightline issue. From google maps this appears to be where Discovery River leads out of the park, so it would be nice to have the area built along that, incorporating the water in well and the buildings all looking like Moana's village. Add a Moana M&G, and a quick service restaurant in a longhouse style building.

There also could be a North America section built, but I'm not exactly sure where and how the transition from another land would work. It could have a Pocahontas boat ride which would have some slight rapids in it to make a little exciting, but nothing too intense since Kali already is in the park. There could be bears brought in, in a walk through called "your Brother Bear", and if there is a Zootopia area, bring the petting zoo and even medical area over here. Other potential IPs to be used would be the Princess & the Frog (perhaps a boat ride to the bayou), and Bambi (probably just another walk through). I see a Wilderness type sit-down restaurant coming in here, maybe even just bring Artist Point over here.
I'm torn on Moana because I think the MK would be a perfect place for her considering that is where the majority of the princess related attractions are located but at the same time it might work in AK. The Pacific Islands probably fit better thematically as expansion of Adventureland. I agree with the inclusion of Bambi and Pocahontas however with the Princess and the Frog I'm kind of on the fence as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom