What in WDW do you love?

JimW

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'll be honest: I generally don't get too bothered with the negative news of the world. However, the recent influx of tragedy in the Orlando area has got me down. The news is depressing; the hyperbolic response from the internet only makes things worse. In that spirit, I'd like to reflect on what makes Walt Disney World special for you?

For me:
  • The cast members. The logical part of me wants to call them employees... but they really are more than that, for the most part. The interactions I've both experienced and witnessed are truly special.
  • The theming: No matter how hard I try, I can't get spellcheck to recognize this as a word. (Maybe it isn't, and only a concept in my head.) The attention to detail in even the smallest of elements continues to astonish me.
  • The X-Factor: Living in Florida, there's an abundance of theme parks and other attractions available to us. Yet, there's just something about Disney that tops them all.
I understand that this post is probably going to draw its own level of criticism. I'm not saying that Disney is perfect, or that I support any or all of the decisions made in the past few years. The spirit of this post is to hopefully draw focus onto what makes us a community drawn to the Mouse.

OliveMcFly

The music. Memorial Day weekend my niece and I were at Lowe's and they were playing patriotic music. My niece said "this sounds like Disney World music". My initial response was the start dancing as though we were in a parade. She got a good laugh out of it :hilarious:

TXDisney

Hard to pin down individual things but I'll give it a shot.
1st and most important... I'm literally happy and smiling the whole week while there. Just happiness and laughter with family and friends is what I truly enjoy.
2nd, Wishes and Illuminations. Never gets old.
3rd, world showcase, I love just strolling around the countries. Eating, drinking, watching shows and seeing the cultures.
4th, I love rides, almost all of them.
5th, my wife and I don't have any kids yet, but just watching the pure joy on my niece and nephews faces when meeting characters and on rides is worth the price of admission in itself.

cheesecake

1) Accessibility. The way the company goes out of their way to accommodate disabled guests so they can enjoy the parks in a way that they otherwise would not be able to.
2) The way I listen to wdw park music on youtube while I do housework. Main street songs, ride soundtracks, etc. Always puts me in a better mood!
3) the way it becomes your world for the week that you're there. I stop worrying about school, work, and mostly everything back home. My main worries are getting finding a prime spot for the fireworks, and getting to the Starlight Cafe for a butterfinger cupcake before they close. (A mistake I shall not make again)

Much-Pixie-Dust

So many things! Here are a few:

-priceless memories with my family
-theming of parks and resorts
-wearing mouse ears (and nobody thinks its strange)
-sitting on my balcony and watching giraffes and zebras (sure beats my backyard view at home)
-details like hidden Mickeys and the interactive details in the pirate scavenger hunt in Adventureland
-churros
-the smell of GF as you walk into the lobby
-talking Mickey
-music in the parks
-smells of Jiko
-the cast members

patch553

the cast members, whether they are earning there ears or seasoned pros really add to the magic for us, the attention to detail in every single detail is amazing all of which manages to make me and my wife feel like kids again from the second we enter the Disney world property makes it priceless to us

Matt_Black

Waffles!

waffle.jpg

mickeywaffle.jpg

Waffles are more nutritious when they're shaped like Mickey Mouse. This is science FACT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom