What if you owned the Disney Parks?

jloucks

#1 -
Add lots of quality live entertainment to the WDW parks. This includes atmosphere actors, live music, on-theme Variety performances and character appearances.

This also includes more live shows. For a start, live shows should be in closed venues such as Diamond Horseshoe and the Little Mermaid theatre. And of course additional venues like Main Street Theatre should be built as well.
Live shows are great, and they are an excellent crowd sponge.

jloucks

only reason i say remove aps is for crowd management. Now if opening the third us park in the us helped alot with crowds i wouldnt mind slowly opening back the aps. Then going from there until you got to a good crowd level.
It would not help with crowds at all.

jloucks

It's fun to speculate. I know that Disney is obviously a business and I would treat it was such, but there's a lot of room to spend money on frivolous detail that current management never would.

Operational changes would be:
  1. Removing the park reservation system because I just don't care about staffing to the bare minimum
Cranking staffing way up, and paying them more, would be one of my very first steps.
  1. Raising starting wages to $19 an hour and expanding Cast Member perks
Ha, see, this right here!
  1. Removing Genie+ in favor of a system like Universal's Express Pass. Charge each individual guest $250 a day to skip the line, but they can use it wherever and whenever. The high price point obviously makes money, but discourages too many people from purchasing, allowing the stand-by queues to keep moving consistently.
Ok, I like it. One way to bring in the different demographics. We paid $600 a person ($1200 total) at Universal for a similar service. I think the price fluctuates based on crowd levels. It was worth every penny!
  1. Removing the VL system. It's not fair to implement what is essentially a lottery system just because the park doesn't want to bother with queue control.
Not sure what VL system is.
Creative changes are more personal taste, so I'm sure people will disagree, but much of it has to do with fleshing out the parks and adding much needed capacity:

Magic Kingdom
  1. Remove the Tomorrowland Speedway in favor of two new showbuildings. On the Tomorrowland side, I would create a spiritual successor to the Speedway by still allowing guests to drive cars, but it would use electric vehicles indoors. It would be multi-level and would have drivers exploring campy and comical alien landscapes in the style of some of the Peoplemover displays or the exit of Space Mountain. On the Fantasyland side, I would put in a dark ride. It's easy to imagine Alice in Wonderland in a similar manner to Disneyland, though there's plenty of other options available as well. I would also take this chance to make the transition between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland better. Perhaps an arch across the pathway that changes subtly to fit both sides of the lands it straddles.
Yes, more shows. Shows are a great crowd sponge.

Make the electric vehicles really a form of people mover and I would be on board. Otherwise long lines. Oof.
  1. I would put something in place of Stitch. I'm not sure what, but anything would be better than just letting the building rot.
Yep
  1. Unpopular opinion, but I'm not at all a fan of Buzz in Tomorrowland. I don't have any current ideas, but I would replace with with something more interesting and probably take out Laugh Floor as well.
Yep
  1. In Fantasyland, I would spruce up Seven Dwarfs Mine Train to make it more interesting. Add animatronic critters, more liter scattered around, or really anything to make it more interesting. I would also rebuild Snow White's Scary Adventures, but with improved lighting and projection effects. It would more akin to Disneyland's Alice in Wonderland than their redo into Snow White's Enchanted Wish. I liked the "scary" aspect of Snow White far better even though I think that the new version is still pretty acceptable.
Spruce it up? That's really all it is now. A big pile of spruce.
  1. I would continue adding in small Fantasyland dark rides, replacing Philharmagic with a Cinderella attraction in the style of the classics. I would also expand Fantasyland, opening up the Beauty and the Beast bathroom area and turning it into an enclosed bridge over the cast member bus route and using the land behind it, which is quite substantial. I know that this is where the fireworks are launched, but I think that with all the land available, we could get logistically creative where they're replaced. In this back area, I would have the village lead into a courtyard that would split east and west. To the east, a small mountain range would portray Arendelle and I would put in a Frozen attraction as a trackless dark ride, loading up the guests in Sleighs. to the west, there's pretty substantial space and I would theme it to something more villainous. That area would be anchored by a Maleficent dragon coaster as a spiritual successor to the one conceived for Beastly Kingdom but would mostly be indoors so as to to interfere with sightlines at the Haunted Mansion. I would also put in a small Fantasyland style dark ride that brings you into the castle of the Horned King. Another boat based attraction would have you sailing through Hades' Underworld. I don't think it's logistically feasible, but I wouldn't be against replacing Be Our Guest and Enchanted Tales with Belle with the actual ride in Tokyo. Fitting it would be difficult, but the trackless vehicles and a somewhat modified ride path might allow it to happen.
Freakin' fun, do it! Where exactly again would all of this fit?
  1. I would add small improvements throughout different attractions. Hat Box Ghost in Haunted Mansion, TNT scene in BTM, etc.
Ok
  1. I would expand Adventureland, building another bridge over the parade float return route and creating a whole new Pacific themed area. I would build a Fire Mountain rollercoaster (removing the Moana theme though) and move the Enchanted Tiki Room over here as well, keeping it mostly in-tact but providing new elements to keep it fresh, like an alluring flowery scent or improved lighting and show effects. I would also put in a Moana meet and greet (in the air conditioning) nearby. A new location there would serve Dole Whip and if there's enough space, I can imagine a dynamic, Pacific restaurant reminiscent of a Rainforest Cafe, but obviously with better food.
Alluring scents are fun. Rainforest food stinks, kak, yea, better food.
  1. I would remove Aladdin's Magic Carpets and with the TIki Room also removed, I would transform the area into something more vaguely Caribbean/African/Indian to match some themes with the Jungle Cruise. I'm not sure what I would replace the Tiki Room with, though I'm a fan of creating some sort of interactive walk-through animatronic exhibit that incorporates SEA somehow.
Amp up the Jungle cruise vibe eh? On board with that!
  1. I would completely overhaul Mainstreet. The version in Disneyland is so much better to the point where it makes the Magic Kingdom look unthemed in comparison. I would add more intimate stores that sell niche and novelty products to create an immersion factor, rather than just generic Disney retail products. I would also expand it east, reviving the idea for the theater and completely theming the current bypass route and connecting it both to the hub and to the side-street.
I don't get it, but it sounds good.
I suppose I became more ambitious with this than I initially intended, but I would definitely make large, sweeping changes across the other parks as well. I would return Epcot to something interesting and compelling, add new cohesive theming and much needed capacity to Hollywood Studios and continue to add new attractions at Animal Kingdom. I would revive Disneyland's Tomorrowland and put much more interesting attractions into DCA. I believe that Disney water parks could also do with some major additions and I would also make resorts more alluring, other than just using them to sleep and spend a day at the pool in. For example, I feel that Port Orleans French Quarter would be great with a Tiana themed dinner show, bringing guests into Tiana's Place and have a live singer playing Tiana come up on stage with an animatronic swing band of animals playing the music.

Epcot seems perpetually unfinished. Not sure a theme is even possible at this point. Live show, anywhere, are always a good idea.

jloucks

I am not a big enough fanboi to articulate a response even close to the quality of some of the others.

All my changes and tweaks others have already hit on in detail.

I guess I would double down on crowd control initiatives. Move away from the cattle car experience and towards the luxury experience. Which, at todays prices (and the price I would charge) would make perfect sense.

Look at it another way... how can you have luxury resorts AND mob scene parks in the same holiday agenda. It doesn't make sense to me.

JIMINYCR

With the beginning premise that I have all the money and dont have to worry about where it comes from to pay for all of this....
Since Disney did OK by closing down for the extended period of Covid, it stands to reason that shutting down has proven that they can survive and it isnt totally disastrous for the parks to close, at least for that amount of time. So I'd shut down all of WDW and have work crews going through all resorts, parks and areas to refurb, maintain, clean up, fix anything that needs attention. Working around the clock without guests around, youd have everything pristine and in tip top shape in no time. Keeping CM's on payroll to help do some of the needy items that they could do that doesnt require special skills so there is no loss of workers and no one needs to find work elsewhere. Going forward each park would have a ongoing program of upkeep and maintenance to ensure things dont decay.
Upon reopening I'd give CM's a living wage that could sustain their family and living family needs. All positions would be reevaluated to determine who is actually doing the role they are paid for, what is necessary and what might need to be cut. I'd open up further CP programs, giving them free living space to compensate for the extensive hours they put in.
I would start construction immediately of a new park. This would be including a combination of Beastly Kingdom theme and a Villains land. The park would have attractions and shows geared for the higher thrilled types.
I would set up a Walt Disney museum dedicated to Walt, the progression throughout the years and have assorted items from past attractions, films and a section highlighting various people who helped build Disney.
Park tickets would be able to be purchased for any number of days according to resort time of stay. Park hopping would be available to all resort guests at no charge. Resort guests would receive a loyalty card with benefits tied to number of stays over time. Dining plans would be reworked that would show actual savings, structured by adult and child categories. All parks would have a staggered early and late opening for resort guests. All park goers on or off site guests would receive a loyalty benefit of a free day for each months total of visits. All merchandise sold in park would be available for purchase online.

ppete1975

Yes, this is an idea a floated year ago. Texas is ripe for a global park. We have more airports and transport than Orlando.

Good idea, goes along with using increased price to control crowds.

...and then follow it up with a big raise.

Odds are anything you pick, the number picking the same item would be pretty large.

Yep

Nope

Yep

Woah, expensive.

Super nope, unless you paired it with crowd control. Lines over 30 minutes long = nope.

Sure

Right?

Nope, stop slacking.

Yes!

Right? Charging parking and rent seems cheesy.

OK Boomer

See comment above on crowd control

Good luck, I wish it would work.
Ok i was with you till the infantile boomer comment. You realize theres no real reason to be REQUIRED to use your phone. Now you have to worry about your phone battery and youre so busy doing things on your phone that you miss the beauty of the parks. Im not against using them, its the mandatory that we are going to. Id rather forget the outside world for my time at the parks.

Monorail replacement... not get rid of. Extension of beams a thorough cleaning of beams.. AND new monorails to replace the aging ones.

The whole letting people design a ride or attraction and getting lifetime passes... mostly pr. Id use it for advertising, the cost would be 0 for me. They would still spend money on food lodging and merchandise, a lifetime ticket costs me 0.

You realize there was a time we didnt have fast pass or genie plus? Lines were much faster. If you cant wait 30 minutes then maybe youve gotten spoiled ;)

Anybody that I interviewed that had the right attitude and had lead to great rides or had ideas and was previously dismissed would keep their job. If you are a yes man or only care about breakfast parties bye bye. No raises for them as they are paid well already. Now cast members are safe from this but I would look at cost of living for an across board raise if needed (i havent kept up with any of that), then going forward i would reward tenure and secret shoppers. You seem to not care about your job and bored... not looking at that over filling trash can... bye. You greet visitors with a smile and seem to be full of pixie dust.. Raise. And with secret shoppers you dont know who they are.

ppete1975

With the beginning premise that I have all the money and dont have to worry about where it comes from to pay for all of this....
Since Disney did OK by closing down for the extended period of Covid, it stands to reason that shutting down has proven that they can survive and it isnt totally disastrous for the parks to close, at least for that amount of time. So I'd shut down all of WDW and have work crews going through all resorts, parks and areas to refurb, maintain, clean up, fix anything that needs attention. Working around the clock without guests around, youd have everything pristine and in tip top shape in no time. Keeping CM's on payroll to help do some of the needy items that they could do that doesnt require special skills so there is no loss of workers and no one needs to find work elsewhere. Going forward each park would have a ongoing program of upkeep and maintenance to ensure things dont decay.
Upon reopening I'd give CM's a living wage that could sustain their family and living family needs. All positions would be reevaluated to determine who is actually doing the role they are paid for, what is necessary and what might need to be cut. I'd open up further CP programs, giving them free living space to compensate for the extensive hours they put in.
I would start construction immediately of a new park. This would be including a combination of Beastly Kingdom theme and a Villains land. The park would have attractions and shows geared for the higher thrilled types.
I would set up a Walt Disney museum dedicated to Walt, the progression throughout the years and have assorted items from past attractions, films and a section highlighting various people who helped build Disney.
Park tickets would be able to be purchased for any number of days according to resort time of stay. Park hopping would be available to all resort guests at no charge. Resort guests would receive a loyalty card with benefits tied to number of stays over time. Dining plans would be reworked that would show actual savings, structured by adult and child categories. All parks would have a staggered early and late opening for resort guests. All park goers on or off site guests would receive a loyalty benefit of a free day for each months total of visits. All merchandise sold in park would be available for purchase online.
You know I thought about that... I just cant imagine the backlash and sadness for people with trips already planned. Sadly it prob needs to happen. Some parks closed for total redesign even. Looking at you hollywood.

mf1972

build a new park with extinct/closed rides & attractions. it’ll be a mish mash from all the 4 parks. call it disney’s land of extinction.
and since it’ll be a park filled with things that are gone, no genie+ in this park. i would bring back paper fast passes.

Last edited:

jloucks

Induced demand.

All these parks are a global attraction that is underpriced. One of the effective demand controls is the undesirable crowd levels. You remove the crowds (build a new park) and way up goes demand. ...and then the crowds. It is a vicious cycle called induced demand. You build it, they will fill it.

ppete1975

Induced demand.

All these parks are a global attraction that is underpriced. One of the effective demand controls is the undesirable crowd levels. You remove the crowds (build a new park) and way up goes demand. ...and then the crowds. It is a vicious cycle called induced demand. You build it, they will fill it.
I see where you are going. Heres my counter to that. A new park will pull from people that have already went to the other 2 before (latest and greatest),
The people that are in states that are closer to the new park might make the new park their park of choice instead of traveling to either coasts. Especially if it is a day drive away compared to flights and hotels.
Ex. I live in oklahoma, I would go to a disney park every year in Dallas, and would prob stop going to california or florida as the travel. time commitment, and hotels adds up more so I currently only go every 3-4 years.

Even if 20 percent of the crowds that went to California and Florida went to the new park it would help.

The drawback to the crowd levels argument
  • people close to the new park who have never been to a Disney park,
  • the people who cant afford the tickets plus travel and hotel currently due to distance,
  • or the people just excited about a new park, and bored with the other 2 and have decided to not go anymore.
Those people would go to the new park, which would be a new guest currently not serviced in turn not helping capacity at the two prev parks.

ppete1975

Induced demand.

Define underpriced ;)
Especially for the people who have to save up for years to take little sally and billy.

DfromATX

The reason I say texas is between airports, the interstate system, tons of cheap land, and year round tolerable weather its the best state to place it.
It is also in the middlish between florida and california.
It's not so cheap anymore, unfortunately. It would have to be somewhere in the middle of nowhere, so maybe if they built their own town that would work. (Isn't that what they did in Paris because DLP is on the outskirts/suburbs, right?)

But I still say our weather is pretty sucky to be outside a lot. I wouldn't go to Disney World now either. I went once in July and swore never again, but I guess there are a lot of braver people than me lol. You are right about the location - we are a good middle ground.

Quick note.. before dallas had six flags the people in charge first reached out to Walt, who flatly declined (prob because he was eyeing florida, and Dallas wasnt the the Dallas it is now. They then reached out to knotts, who said he was too old to build another park.

Six flags was a last resort and a pretty poor one at that. Can you imagine if Texas had a Disney or Knotts that had been built in the 60s?
I did not know that! What a neat fun fact! Yeah, if they started in the 60's then perhaps it would have worked (aside from the weather), but I don't feel like it would now.

DfromATX

(flabergasted) Why not the zoo part?:)
Well... I don't really care much about zoos. I go for the rides! LOL But, also there's already a lot of animals in AK with the safari and the gorilla exhibit, etc. Maybe like a North American animal sanctuary or something, but not a whole zoo. What kind of animals would you fill it up with? I'm trying to think of what animals we have in the wild. Ours are not as exciting as elephants, zebras, and lions.

disneyfireman

Paper FP was unbeatable.. Bring it back. Bring back Toad to MK. Horizons...and leave Splash Mountain alone....they are literally going to ruin arguably Disneys most loved attraction...They ruined Maelstrom...and turned it into a disaster..

JIMINYCR

KlYou know I thought about that... I just cant imagine the backlash and sadness for people with trips already planned. Sadly it prob needs to happen. Some parks closed for total redesign even. Looking at you hollywood.
Well I figure people had to deal with the parks closing and having to do make up trips once already. They would accept having another closure if it meant coming back to a “perfect” Disney experience. Wouldn’t it be worth it?

Poseidon Quest

Since my initial Magic Kingdom ideas seemed surprisingly well received, I suppose I'll throw more ideas out there. I'll start with Epcot but if it gets too long, I'll stop there.

Changes to Future World:

1. I wouldn't change much at the entrance because I quite like its revival, but I hate the new (but I know temporary soundtrack). I would instead commission a soundtrack that ties thematically into a restored version of the park, but would also have nods to leitmotif of the past. Themes like "Fun to be Free" would make their way into it as an orchestral version, and certain soundtracks (like Ellen's) would be briefly revived.
  2. Spaceship Earth would go down for a massive refurb. I think Disney's current plans were to retrack it and put in a new ride system to keep the omnimover more efficient, which I think is absolutely necessary. I also like their idea to rip out the gimmicky interactive exhibits at the exit and turn that space into indoor queue. Otherwise though, I wouldn't change the scenes in any fundamental ways, other than updating the clothing to be more historically accurate and updating the script to be less stupid as well. I love the Phoenician ABC line and I think it's iconic, but it's simplified to the point of essentially being false. Most changes would be minimal though, such as reactivating the steam effects in the burning of the Library of Alexandria or the industrial printing press. I would also add in more projections, though not in the stupid, gimmicky way that Disney's current plans call for. It would be subtle, adding to scenes rather than butchering them with the "storytelling light".
  3. Ideally, Guardians should have never been built, but realistically, I'm not going to tear down the most expensive coaster ever produced. I would instead remove the Guardians and look to the Imagineers to restore their original big bang concept and hopefully make it less like Space Mountain 3. I would keep Mission: Space essentially the same other than refurbing the queue to make it a bit more interesting (mostly restoring the moving wheel). Since this area of the park now seems to be space themed, I would unify it together as an outside "Space Pavilion" and completely restructure the pathways and planters to keep it self-contained. I would probably throw in something reminiscent of Kennedy Space Center's Rocket Garden here too. I don't think it's necessary to demolish the dome of the Wonders of Life, but I would tear out the showbuilding in the back, constructing something far larger to revive the original space dark ride in some form. The inside of the dome would be queue space as an impressive planetarium, far more dynamic and interesting than what Guardians attempted to do.
  4. I'm not quite sure what I would do with Test Track, but I would certainly keep the ride system. I've seen the idea floated around that it goes back to something similar to World of Motion, chronicling the history of transportation, but now using the Test Track ride system. I suppose that could work, but I have no ideas on how to do it effectively.
  5. My clearest vision is refurbing the Seas. I would keep the current ride system in place and even the current queue would change little. I like how it brings you from the beach and into the water, which fits in with a new version of the ride. The new attraction is about the wonder of sea exploration, even reincorporating the coral reef part at the beginning but making it much more vibrant and removing all Nemo characters, illuminating the diversity of life and the importance of reefs as ecosystems. As you travel farther down the track, you travel farther into the depths and things get more mysterious and scarier, reincorporating the jellyfish scene and the Angler Fish, though having it not be so aggressive, but moving slowly in a way that's unnerving. I would then replace the shark scene with a sperm whale fighting a giant squid. If you've ever seen the display version of this in the New York Museum of Natural History, I picture something similar. The current EAC scene would then bring riders back up into more shallow water and finally to the Sea Base, which would work as a spiritual successor to Sea Base Alpha. I would restore many of the exhibits and make it far more hands on and educational, turning that area into something that guests could spend hours exploring.
  6. I would keep the Land Pavilion pretty much intact. However, I would either keep Soarin' as is (I don't mind it's many criticisms), but if I had to change it, I would make it a spiritual successor to the original idea for the ride in The Land. It would fly over various biomes, showing the variety of ecosystems and life found through Earth and focusing far less on civilization except for at the end. I can't think of anything other than minor updates to Living with the Land though. Maybe spruce up it's current biome scenes with some small effects and additional animatronics, but really not much else. I would also refurb Sunshine Seasons to make it more interesting.
  7. I don't have any good ideas for reviving Imagination other than reincorporating Dream Finder and Figment. I think that the new version should be a trackless dark ride where everyone starts in the Dreamport and the different vehicles would travel through portals into different aspects of Imagination. It's a revival of the original idea but modernized with different execution. As to what the content of these portals would be though, I would like to see what the Imagineers would come up with.
  8. I would immediately tear down Communicore Hall (it seems temporary and poorly thought out anyways) and put in a new and more relevant version of Horizons named "New Horizons". It works both as a spiritual successor to the original, yet still makes sense with its message of bringing humanity to new horizons. I would also move the Carousel of Progress in front of it as an optional prologue and updating the last scene, keeping it mostly intact, but tying it loosely into the new attraction.
  9. I would definitely replace Connections and Creations. I'm not entirely sure with what, but definitely something more interesting. I have yet to figure out if I would replace Journey of Water with a new Communicore building or not.
  10. I would eventually want to add additional pavilions and attractions (maybe even a Peoplemover as originally planned), but I think that fixes to all of the pavilions are desperately needed first.

Changes to World Showcase:

1. I would remove the Three Caballeros from the Gran Fiesta Tour. Unpopular opinion but I think they're annoying in the ride, even if I like seeing the recycled Mickey Mouse Revue animatronics because they're historic. I would change the first few scenes, reverting them back to a focus on pre-Mexican civilizations and adding in animatronic peoples representing farmers and warriors. In the next scene, I wouldn't change much except add in some small updates here and there. The rest of the attraction would mostly stay the same, adding in a few animatronics of Mexican people and putting in a band on the stage where the Three Caballeros currently stand.
  2. I would remove Frozen Ever After and replace it with a spiritual successor to Maelstrom. It would be fundamentally different, but would still focus heavily on Norse mythology, gods and creatures.
  3. I would like China to be completely refurbished, but I'm not really sure how. The current pavilion is underwhelming to me but I think an animatronic show focusing on summarizing the history of China could work. I know that in itself, that would likely be problematic to the Chinese government, but it appears that Hollywood is moving away from trying to appease them as their censors have become far too unpredictable and to be honest, who cares about the sensibilities of their fragile egos?
  4. I know the original idea for Equatorial Africa was an ambitious animatronic show as well, which is what made me think of the one for China. However, two right next to each other would be strange. I'm not sure what to do with this area, but I would certainly expand it into a specific country.
  5. I would (sort of) merge three countries into one region. Between Germany and Italy, I would revive the idea of the Switzerland pavilion in that expansion space, building a newer, more Epcot relevant version of the Matterhorn towards the back. Alongside the German and Italian pavilions, I would put up facades of the Alps and really tie all of these pavilions together. In Germany, I would revive the idea of the Rhine River Cruise attraction. It wouldn't exclusively follow the Rhine as it would travel all throughout Germany, but there would certainly be a Rhine scene, using miniature dioramas to recreate traveling alongside river towns and mountains. The beginning of the ride would also take you through the Biergarten as well. I far preferred it when it reopened during COVID, switching to family style and removing the buffet. I propose keeping it that way, removing the buffet area and having the ride track move through it, allowing riders to look into the restaurant at the start of the attraction. In Italy, I would replace Via Napoli with a small tracked ride similar to the Fantasyland rides in Disneyland. It would be a comical rendition of Italian history, first covering Rome's rise and fall, then eventually traveling through Italian history up through the modern period.
  6. I think the American Adventure needs some rewrites to make it less unintentionally racist. It's also disgustingly nationalistic, but the most recent Hall of Presidents re-write shows how to handle American history tastefully. It's difficult to really make something like this work today though, because as inspiring as mythologized American history can be, it stands in stark contrast to the need to acknowledge the sins of the country's past. As much as I would like an omnimover dark ride covering events throughout American history, it will always be divisive in one form or another.
  7. I don't care if there's a Matterhorn nearby, but revive Japan's Mount Fuji bullet train coaster as well. Another, smaller scale attraction could probably be included.
  8. I have no idea what I could add to Morocco to make it more interesting, but I do think that every showcase pavilion should have an attraction in one form of another. The circle-vision shows are tired, but perhaps some sort of live performance in a sit-down theater could work here.
  9. I think that France is fine, though I would remove the Beauty and the Beast sing-along. I'm not a fan of IP in Epcot, but because Ratatouille as a film respects French culinary culture, I'm fine with it staying.
  10. The UK and Canada pavilions could get an attraction, but there's only enough space for one. The World Showplace could be demolished, granting room for this. I'm more inclined to give a log flume to Canada, using comedic renditions of Canadian culture as scenes throughout the ride. If you haven't picked up on it, I'm essentially proposing a more interesting version of Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls, but for Epcot and founded on Canadian history and culture.

I would eventually be interested in more World Showcase pavilions, but I firmly believe that the each pavilion already present should first have a substantial attraction, not including circle-vision theaters (though they're fine to stay) before any more get built. I strongly believe that Disney still desperately needs capacity added to their parks and each one should act as a multi-day destination. I'm not a fan of Eisner's push for more thrills in Epcot, but mostly because of the execution. I certainly think that a new Matterhorn, a Mount Fuji coaster and an unnerving Sea's pavilion, exploring the thrills of the depths fill this void pretty substantially. More attractions to World Showcase also fixes a lot of the issues for children who are less interested in dining and shopping . Speaking of which, the dining in World Showcase has become so bad, that I don't even consider it the "food park" anymore. If I wanted Panda Express, I wouldn't pay $30 an entrée for it at Nine Dragons. The various restaurants could definitely be more interesting, both in food quality and variety, as well as atmosphere. Renaming Akershus and turning it into a dinner show experience with vikings and mead would be more interesting than Princess character dining, though I would still keep the Frozen Meet and Greet . Nearby I would even propose a true competitor to Universal's Butterbeer in the Norway pavilion. I know it wouldn't be authentic, but some sort of delicious, honey flavored soft drink known as "Nordic Mead" seems like an obvious idea that no one has tried to implement yet.

Poseidon Quest

Freakin' fun, do it! Where exactly again would all of this fit?

There's a significant amount of space behind new Fantasyland that's more than enough for multiple new attractions. If you look on Google Earth, you can see the bus route immediately behind Belle's village and Be Our Guest that takes the Cast Members into the utilidors. However, if you bridge it with a large and enclosed pathway, you open up a whole new area for expansion. It's currently where the majority of fireworks launch from and they would have to be moved, so I've been told that logistically, this is impossible. However, I'm sure that there are many solutions to this that could make expansion feasible. If you look at the showbuildings for Haunted Mansion and It's a Small World though, it really provides scale on how massive this space actually is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom