What if you don't get your MB until you arrive?

MM311

Original Poster
Sorry if this has been answered before, but my wife called this morning to pay off our balance and was told that we would be getting Magic Bands for our stay Nov 8th-15th. They then told her that since we booked through Run Disney for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon that we wouldn't get our Magic Bands until we arrived at Port Orleans Riverside. So, if I don't physically have my magic bands does that mean that we can't do the Fastpass+ until we get onsite? Or do we not get to choose colors? I guess it isn't a big deal, but thought I would ask anyway, thanks for any help!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You should be able to do everything you could with the bands in your possession. About the only thing I am not sure about is color. From what I have heard through the grapevine, bands picked up at the resort are gray. That of course might change.

MM311

Original Poster
So at some point it should just show up in My Disney Experience that my reservation is tied to?

Tom

Beta Return
Magic Bands are simply a form of media, so the only difference between getting them now vs getting them at check-in is the color of the bands, supposedly.

Like Master Yoda said, if you get them at check-in, they will likely be gray and un-customized, but will still be tied to your reservation.

As long as My Disney Experience allows you to select FP+ online and see all of your other reservations, you should be fine.

stevehousse

You are the first person I've heard about being able to use MB and FP+ For the month of November! Have you been able to book anything yet?

CaptainShortty

You should be able to do everything you could with the bands in your possession. About the only thing I am not sure about is color. From what I have heard through the grapevine, bands picked up at the resort are gray. That of course might change.

If you are given the option to customize your bands on the MDX website then you will still be able to get colored ones Ben of they arrive at the resort. The gsts that do not get colored are ones that do not pre-engage on the MDX site (will get a box of gray, likely with their names on them) or who book less than 5 days before check-in (will get non-personalized gray and no box). Since you're technically booked with a "group" I'm not sure which category you will fall into as they are still ironing out the profess for group guests.

Hope thy helps!

dancingelkhound

I'm not getting mine til I arrive at POFQ in 11 days, but was still able to customise the colour and add my name to my Magic Band through MDX. There's a link on the right hand side when you log in.

powlessfamily4

There is an 800 number you can call for assistance with the bands. I am sorry I don't have the number on me.. it is on my desk at work and I am leaving for Disney TODAY!!!

I phoned Disney because two of our magic bands were not linking to our reservation. The CM I spoke with gave me the number. We had part of our MB order shipped to our house and the remaining ones we were told would be shipped to the resort. We were told they will still be in color. In fact they went over the color choices and the names associated with each one twice. They stated we were still 12 days out and we would get them in color, however they would ship to the hotel to ensure delivery ontime. I did get an email stating they had arrived at the resort 2 days ago. I will let you know when we get there if they are in color or grey.

They are now linked and FP and all rezzies are showing up.

itsbetsyh

We got ours in the mail, but friends who are going with us and staying at AKL also aren't getting theirs until check in. Go figure!

dreamfinder

We got ours in the mail, but friends who are going with us and staying at AKL also aren't getting theirs until check in. Go figure!

Did you both configure them at the same time? There are different dates for designing for shipment, designing for resort pick up, and plain grey resort pick up.

MM311

Original Poster
You are the first person I've heard about being able to use MB and FP+ For the month of November! Have you been able to book anything yet?

I wouldn't be shocked if the cast member we talked to was just telling us what we wanted to hear, I have not been able to book anything as of today, so we shall see.

ddrongowski

Sorry if this has been answered before, but my wife called this morning to pay off our balance and was told that we would be getting Magic Bands for our stay Nov 8th-15th. They then told her that since we booked through Run Disney for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon that we wouldn't get our Magic Bands until we arrived at Port Orleans Riverside. So, if I don't physically have my magic bands does that mean that we can't do the Fastpass+ until we get onsite? Or do we not get to choose colors? I guess it isn't a big deal, but thought I would ask anyway, thanks for any help!
YOUR SCREWED!!!!!

NOT!!!

JohnD

I've asked the very same question. I purchased a Florida Resident Weekday Select Pass from AAA. Turns out I was handed a plastic card "voucher" which I cannot scan in to MDE. I have to wait until I arrive on-site and exchange for the actual pass. For me, that's this Sunday.

ratherbeinwdw

I've asked the very same question. I purchased a Florida Resident Weekday Select Pass from AAA. Turns out I was handed a plastic card "voucher" which I cannot scan in to MDE. I have to wait until I arrive on-site and exchange for the actual pass. For me, that's this Sunday.
I was able to enter the number on the back of the voucher in the bottom left corner as my ID on the MDE site.
However, I'm not able to do fp+ until they add Nov. which the cm told me should be by the first of Oct. She said that all the "live" resorts should stay live in November. She wouldn't commit to full roll-out.

PolynesianPrincess

I was able to enter the number on the back of the voucher in the bottom left corner as my ID on the MDE site.
However, I'm not able to do fp+ until they add Nov. which the cm told me should be by the first of Oct. She said that all the "live" resorts should stay live in November. She wouldn't commit to full roll-out.

I am able to book FP+ for November. We just went a few weeks ago and already have our magic bands. I went in to check to see if we could book for November and it was allowing me. Not sure if maybe because I already used my mgic band? not sure. But our cousin (who is on our reservation for November but did not go with us on our last trip) cannot book and FP+ for her.

PolynesianPrincess

I do know that if you don't buy your park tickets until you get to Disney, you cannot book any FP+ because it has to have an active ticket on the reservation. I guess this might get more people to buy their tickets direct from Disney rather than through a discount ticket agency, expecially if they want to book their FP+ attractions before they arrive.

JohnD

I could never find the correct example on the website. It's been some time since I last tried. Maybe they have updated the website. I'll try again tonight. . . . Just tried. Doesn't work. It's a 2011 "Florida Resident Exchange Certificate" for the Weekday Select Pass. MDE is not programmed to recognize it. Will have to wait until Sunday to exchange it for the actual pass.

Last edited:

travellerman

I was able to book my fastpass selections on my Disney experience on my computer today for my trip in November (8th) Will this be figured into my card that I get when I check into the hotel? I'd love to get a magicband, but not counting on it. Haven't received any of my magic express stuff in the mail yet though, so part of me hasn't given up hope yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom