What if McDonald's sponsored an Epcot pavilion?

comics101

Specifically in 1991.

What would it look like?

What would be its signature Attraction?

I'll bite.

There's actually two routes I could see this going:

1) A McDonald's of tomorrow at Communicore. Clunky 80's Robots would fill the restaurant and talk with guests while they eat. A sci-fi looking playground/ball pit sits in the middle of the restaurant. The menus use EPCOT Center font and futuristic logos. Ronald and the gang wear sci-fi/futuristic suits when doing m&g's.

2) A pavilion called something like 'McDonaldsland.' It would probably be more whimsical--I'm thinking a sort of Wonders of Life aesthetic. Ronald and the gang are heavily featured. The main attraction is some sort of dark ride adventure through McDonaldland. I'm also thinking there'd be a couple of minor attractions...for some reason the idea of a Hamburgler spinner keeps coming to mind; guests ride in flying hamburgers. Maybe there's a live show full of puppetry in the vein of Pee Wee's Playhouse called "Ronald's Playhouse," or something. I can also see some sort of movie celebrating the life of Ray Kroc, "founder" of McDonald's as we know it today.

Cooltosh2345

Original Poster
I'll bite.

There's actually two routes I could see this going:

1) A McDonald's of tomorrow at Communicore. Clunky 80's Robots would fill the restaurant and talk with guests while they eat. A sci-fi looking playground/ball pit sits in the middle of the restaurant. The menus use EPCOT Center font and futuristic logos. Ronald and the gang wear sci-fi/futuristic suits when doing m&g's.

2) A pavilion called something like 'McDonaldsland.' It would probably be more whimsical--I'm thinking a sort of Wonders of Life aesthetic. Ronald and the gang are heavily featured. The main attraction is some sort of dark ride adventure through McDonaldland. I'm also thinking there'd be a couple of minor attractions...for some reason the idea of a Hamburgler spinner keeps coming to mind; guests ride in flying hamburgers. Maybe there's a live show full of puppetry in the vein of Pee Wee's Playhouse called "Ronald's Playhouse," or something. I can also see some sort of movie celebrating the life of Ray Kroc, "founder" of McDonald's as we know it today.
I like the 2nd idea! Can we brainstorm more on it?

Mickeynerd17

My mind instantly went to a sponsorship of The LAND. It may not be about good nutrition, but it is food-related.

Retheme LWTL to a McDonalds factory tour showing people where they get their food from and how its processed, Modify Soarin to feature different McDonalds locations around the world and emphasize the brand's worldwide status, and modify the restaraunts to feature more McDonalds food.

Yea, this is definitely a gag-idea. Bonnie Apetit would be shaming me right now. 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom