What If...Disney owned Universal Orlando???

comics101

Original Poster
For the longest time I've been wanting to post the way I'd Reimagineer Universal's Resort. And now after seeing how I'm not the only one who thinks about what he'd do to make Uni better, I figure what the heck, I'll post my ideas.
Especially this last trip we took to both Uni and Disney, I couldn't believe the quality difference between the two resorts. Disney's just AMAZING. I found the staff nicer, the parks cleaner, the AA's are incredible at Disney in comparison to Uni (just compare GMR's Wicked Witch or any of American Adventure's AA's to The Mummy or ET, there's no Competition!!), I tend to think the attractions at Disney are better too. For me, nothing beats MV3D or SSE, or Soarin'.
I do think Uni gets alota stuff right too though. CityWalk's pretty cool (I do love me some Margaritaville), and as far as theming goes, HP and the rest of IoA is pretty spot on. Aside from theming though, I feel the attractions are kinda mediocre. I would say Spiderman's still the best, and is one of my favorite attractions ever. Jurassic Park is always a ton of fun too, though I think that might be cause I have really good memories of that ride. The rest of IoA is kinda meh for me.
So, I figure why not make it up to par with a Disney Park. I want IoA and Universal Studios to be as amazing as they could be...So without further ado, here's how I think Uni could be if WDI got involved and were given the proper funds...

Grizzly Hall 71

I think Islands is a Top Par park. If they had Disney management it would be my favorite in the world. I think the studios needs the most help. There's so many thematic problems over there it's rediculous. Twister and Mummy in New York. Simpsons in World Expo, Fear Factor in Amity? And the biggest on Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit in Production Central, BIG MISTAKES.

Islands of Adventure's rides are some of the best. I only hate 3. The rest I love them.

It's the Studios that needs help.

comics101

Original Poster
K, first off I think I'm gonna start with Islands of Adventure. Considering this is my dream, I'm not gonna worry bout land or anything like that. Anything goes.
I feel that the Port of Entry is pretty much perfect, so that's not gonna change too much. In fact, I'm just gonna leave it as is unless an idea hits me later.
Moving to the right, we come across Suess Landing. Again, I think this area's pretty good, however I want it to be bigger and better. There's sooooooo much material you can cover when it comes to the imagination of Dr. Suess, and IoA barely scratches the surface.

SuessLanding
IoA's Fantasyland. That's really how I see it. This land is nothing but Dark Rides and Family Fun, which I believe is really Uni's problem. There's not enough Family fun. The land would be divded up into sort of sublands. There's the Fantastical World of Dr. Suess (otherwise known as the entranceway), the Sneetches's Beaches, Whoville, and then the Other entrance/exit to TLC.

The Entrance Way
Basically, it looks exactly as it does now. To the left is the Beach. If I Ran the Zoo has been relocated, and Green Eggs and Ham has been expanded to become a full table-service restaurant. The Carrosuessel would be exactly the same as well, however, with one major change. Every single creature you'll find in SuessLanding is an AA. No Statues. So, Horton up top of Carrosuessel will now interact w guests and say phrases, and move.

The Cat in the Hat - Same ride, the only change, and it's a pretty big one, is that the ride would be trackless, just like PHH in TDL, and the vehicles would take one of three different courses after Thing One and Thing Two were released.
This attraction has really become somewhat of a classic for me, and quite frankly, I think it's better than Peter Pan or Snow White, or any other D-Ticket ride you'll find in Fantasyland. There's no need to change it at all.

The Sneetches's Beaches
This area's located behind where Green Eggs and Ham is, curently, it's just a bunch of dead space. This area would be completely converted into really a giant water play area. The majority of this land is themed to the Sneetches, and kinda like there are now, you'll find Sneetches doing things like fishing and having a ball in the lagoon, of course again all of these creatures are going to be AA's, laughing and talking amongst themselves, kinda like If I Ran The Zoo, which has been relocated here, and has been greatly expanded so that adults can enjoy it just as much as kids. If I Ran the Zoo isnt gonna be so much a playground anymore though, as it is a maze, and around every corner is a Dr. Suess animal AA.
The biggest change to this part of the land that you'll find is the new Dark Ride themed to the Sneetches.

The Sneetches- Yeah, they kinda do have their own ride with the Suess High in the Sky Train Trolley thingy whatever, but they're only mentioned like, what, three times? You can barely tell that attraction's about the Sneetches, and the story's such a great one they definately deserve their own attraction. So, this is your basic dark ride, you take the roll of a Sneetch, recieving and removing stars from your vehicle throughout the ride, following the story of the Sneetches.

If I Ran The Zoo will serve as a transition between the Sneetches's Beaches and Whoville.

Whoville
It's pretty much common sense. In the Whoville area, you'll find the classic snow-covered town you see in the How The Grinch Stole Christmas cartoon

comics101

Original Poster
I think Islands is a Top Par park. If they had Disney management it would be my favorite in the world. I think the studios needs the most help. There's so many thematic problems over there it's rediculous. Twister and Mummy in New York. Simpsons in World Expo, Fear Factor in Amity? And the biggest on Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit in Production Central, BIG MISTAKES.

Islands of Adventure's rides are some of the best. I only hate 3. The rest I love them.

It's the Studios that needs help.

I agree to some extent, however I think the Studio rides tend to be better. I LOVE Jaws, and I'd take The Mummy over the Hulk anyday. And idk if you ever got to ride King Kong, but that ride was pretty awesome, much better than anything IoA has to offer now, with the ultimate exception for me being Spiderman.
You're right about themeing though. In recent years it seems to me Uni's been getting suuuuper sloppy with the Studio's park. I've never understood why. The mummy, well...It's a stretch yes, but at least it's located in a museum haha. There's really no excuse for Rockit or Simpsons though. It's just sloppy. I've never understood why they did that...I suppose space, but I refuse to believe they couldn't try and make the theme's work better.

Grizzly Hall 71

I agree to some extent, however I think the Studio rides tend to be better. I LOVE Jaws, and I'd take The Mummy over the Hulk anyday. And idk if you ever got to ride King Kong, but that ride was pretty awesome, much better than anything IoA has to offer now, with the ultimate exception for me being Spiderman.
You're right about themeing though. In recent years it seems to me Uni's been getting suuuuper sloppy with the Studio's park. I've never understood why. The mummy, well...It's a stretch yes, but at least it's located in a museum haha. There's really no excuse for Rockit or Simpsons though. It's just sloppy. I've never understood why they did that...I suppose space, but I refuse to believe they couldn't try and make the theme's work better.

The Studios was amazing when it first opended. Everything was in it's correct place now it's just whatever.

I did ride Kong and I miss it OH SO MUCH!

And na I'll take Hulk over Mummy anyday sorry lol.

Have you been on Forbidden Journey I think it's better than Spidey.

comics101

Original Poster
I did ride Forbidden Journey, and I was suuuuper dissapointed by it. I thought the queue was INCREDIBLE, but the ride was just meh I thought. I mean, my dad puts out scarier and better looking things for Halloween than those Dementors and Spiders. Idk, maybe it's just me. I think I got my expectations built up soooooo much that no matter what I was probably gonna be let down, but I rode it and was kinda like, "Seriously? The 60 minute wait was the best part!" lol I wanna see it snow again! haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom