What If Disney: Disneyland Resort Builds an Better Second Gate

D Hulk

Hey @D Hulk, i need a little bit of help here. What do u think Goldrush Gulch's timeline should be in & whats is the best themed & story to this could be.
Hmm. That depends on what you want it to be. If you’re doing a National Parks land, then you could either do the 1940s/50s family road trip theme seen presently in Grizzly Peak, or you could go earlier to the days of John Muir when the Parks were first established. Or if the California Goldrush is what’s most interesting, set the land circa 1849 and include a somewhat Discovery Bay version of San Francisco.

Hope this helps.

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Hmm. That depends on what you want it to be. If you’re doing a National Parks land, then you could either do the 1940s/50s family road trip theme seen presently in Grizzly Peak, or you could go earlier to the days of John Muir when the Parks were first established. Or if the California Goldrush is what’s most interesting, set the land circa 1849 and include a somewhat Discovery Bay version of San Francisco.

Hope this helps.
Great, Thanks man, you're still the best to me

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
1a5fcc9559b378a34604c52a6615c9c6.jpg

Goldrush Gulch
Visit a the beauties & the times of California's Famous Goldrush & National Parks of the Past & Present

TIMELINE: 1849/1940s

Based on this idea of a question i asked by the one & only @D Hulk when i asked him what idea of this land could be like so Thanks @D Hulk, we never do anything without you. So as u know i pick two versions in one land that would maybe work for Goldrush Gulch, between of the earlier days in late 1800s-early 1900s of John Muir when the Parks were first established & an 1940s/50s family road trip.

The Story of Goldrush Gulch
Here a story that i just made up but perfect for this land. The story goes that long ago right before they called it Goldrush Gulch, there was The Town called Eureka, & was booming with busyness for the California dream, but however mining on Grizzly Peak's river turns out to be too dangerous to navigate as an sound of roar came from the peaks of Grizzly Peak makes a Californian Earthquake & strikes the town, buildings torn down & some explosions because they left some dynamite in the buildings & a flash flood just flooding the town, their was nothing but Geysers & some buildings standing, The Town of Eureka was no more but the bear at the top of Grizzly Mountain becomes an icon & symbol of this amazing place. For years after the largest earthquake stands on this land once was a town but now becomes as a Grand National Park of Wonders called Goldrush Gulch with Geysers, Redwood Feels, Mountains, Bears, oh yeah & GOLD, lot & lot of Gold.

That story in my opinion feels similar when a Paradise Resort on a island hits from a huge typhoon storm & becomes Typhoon Lagoon right, like much similar story but anyways.​

Land Layout & Details

Attractions: 53. Grizzly River Run, 54. The Redwood Forest Jamboree, 55. Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, 56. Mine Train Through Goldrush Gulch

Dining: 57. Storytellers Cafe, 58. Woodlore & Humphrey's Picnic Cart

Retail: 59. Rushin' River Outfitters, 60. Big Al's, 61. Goldrush Gulch Trading Post

Once guest went towards a nice Redwood Forest, its designed to look like the typical Californian National Park setting. The land has its central icon with its the grand Grizzly Peak Mountain as the second icon of DCA.

m5jish-m5jir5n.disney.refurb.jpg

The First attraction in Goldrush Gulch is Grizzly River Run, Its a Wild River Rafting Adventure through the wonders & the beauty of the World Famous Grizzly Mountain.

grrtrail.jpg

At the exit of the Attraction is still inside the fictional Grizzly River Rafting Company its the Rushin' River Outfitters, where you can find any Goldrush, Grizzly River & DCA merch. Next to the River Rapids attraction its the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, a forest-themed play area that features a network of trails simulating a trail in a redwood forest.

CountryBearJamboree-1.jpg
958e4dbaccfdf30a74cab7d385388999.png

Down to a little Bear Country of Geyser Gulch, Henry the Bear & his Hoedown Jamboree its back but also with a little help with some critters from the Redwoods at the Redwood Town Hall Theatre to The Redwood Forest Jamboree. its a mix between Country Bears & America Sings. This idea came to if Disney wants to bring back The Country Bears but not in Disneyland but in the new second gate park at their new home. & Next to that & at the exit if that attraction is Big Al's, a store where you can find some Country Bears, Redwood Forest Jamboree & Disney merch.

If your hungry for a nice huge sandwich or even a hot & juicy turkey leg, then come on down to Woodlore & Humphrey's Picnic Cart, where J. Audubon Woodlore & Humphrey the Bear are cooking up some great delights in the woods of Bear Country, but sometimes Humphrey can't help himself from eating all of this food, He is one big hungry bear that's for sure.

Tumblr_noort0nPiG1tyyp0bo2_1280.jpg

If you want to take a circle tour around Goldrush Gulch, then this is your chance to get on The Redwood Creek Locomotive Express to the Mine Train Through Goldrush Gulch, (or as i like to called this the sequel to Nature's Wonderland/Rainbow Caverns Mine Train next door to Disneyland.) The attraction itself similar to the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland that was previously at Disneyland right next door from 1956-77 before it turns to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad & featured numerous wilderness environments, animatronic animals & looking inside to the beauties of Grizzly Mountain.

dining-at-storyteller.jpg

If you want something more classy but as well more Disney then come inside the famous lodge at the Storytellers Cafe, Where this buffet style restaurant mixes with classic California folklore comes to life through hearty, home-style 3-course meals at breakfast and dinner. & you can meet your favorite Disney Characters inside this world-classed Restaurant.

At the Goldrush Gulch Trading Post, You can find most about everything in this store, from t-shirts to pins to toys & more & who knows maybe a little gold if your lucky to find some.

We're just getting starting for this land, soon i'm going to expand little details of this land & then we will get to the attractions, food & more. So i will be Bear You Around very soon.

Last edited:

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Hey, i forgot one more thing to put in Geyser Gulch, & that's a Statue of John Muir, also known as "John of the Mountains" & "Father of the National Parks. So i pick main two versions of John Muir, but which one is better in your opinion then please comment if u will & tell me If A or B versions of the statue its better for this land.

mountain_muir_will_pettee_muir_sculpture_medium.jpg
martinez_muir_statue_big.jpg

A: (Mountain Muir by William James Pettee) on the Left or B: (Statue of Muir by Sculpted by Phillip Levine) on the Right.

Also i found more John Muir statues if some of u want to see what's the better statue of John Muir in Geyser Gulch & where can i put this statue in. http://vault.sierraclub.org/john_muir_exhibit/pictures/sculpture.aspx

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Once Again if everyone has an idea for a John Muir Statue for Geyser Gulch then which John Muir Statue is better in your opinion then please comment & tell me If A or even B versions of the statue its better for this land. & i also had the link up for more John Muir statues.

Lets me give me some answers please & Thank You

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Once Again if everyone has an idea for a John Muir Statue for Geyser Gulch then which John Muir Statue is better in your opinion then please comment & tell me If A or even B versions of the statue its better for this land. & i also had the link up for more John Muir statues.

Lets me give me some answers please & Thank You
I think I prefer A

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Hey @D Hulk, i was doing a John Muir statue for this land but i don't know what statue its better for this land of Geyser Gulch & i was wondering what John Muir statue in Geyser Gulch do u prefer the most.

1625644990509.png
1625645006778.png

A: (Mountain Muir by William James Pettee) on the Left or B: (Statue of Muir by Sculpted by Phillip Levine) on the Right.

Also @D Hulk you can also look for other John Muir statues in this link here if u like. http://vault.sierraclub.org/john_muir_exhibit/pictures/sculpture.aspx

Also new post of Details for this land coming this week still, i tried my best to be quick but its not easy, but I'll be back soon.​

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
I am so dearly sorry everyone, i was taking a long vacation/break doing other things during the summer break but i'm wasting time of not doing this project of Disneyland's Second Gate but this week i will come back doing this project. Once again i apologize & so sorry of not being here by almost two months but i'm coming back to this project. Thank u for your understanding

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Hey @D Hulk, since i'm coming back to this project i need some more help if u like my friend. If Goldrush Gulch its themed to a National Park to itself since i tell that story of that land after a big earthquake crashes the Town of Eureka then what Cast member outfits, Benching, Lighting, Fencing, Buildings & Architecture i should uses for Goldrush Gulch.​

D Hulk

The current details and costumes in DCA’s Grizzly Peak area should be a good starting point. Perhaps watch a few park walkthrough vids to get inspiration. Do a little research too into vintage National Park design to make this your own.

Except for on-ride, I’d downplay the earthquake theming. Make Goldrush Gulch more of a tranquil natural escape for guests, and less of a disaster zone.

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
The current details and costumes in DCA’s Grizzly Peak area should be a good starting point. Perhaps watch a few park walkthrough vids to get inspiration. Do a little research too into vintage National Park design to make this your own.

Except for on-ride, I’d downplay the earthquake theming. Make Goldrush Gulch more of a tranquil natural escape for guests, and less of a disaster zone.
Great thanks, Also @D Hulk could i also add some Cast Member Rangers in this area of Goldrush Gulch

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Now as i come back for that long holiday & once again sorry i was not here, lets see those details for Goldrush Gulch.​

53b71467a2038.image.jpg

Cast member outfits
Cast members wear Ranger outfits inspired by the Californian National Parks & Forests.​

Untitled-design-5942618.jpg

Walkaround Characters
You can meet The Country Bears or even Chip & Dale in their Wilderness Delights to fit the land.

Restrooms
The first restroom is next to The Redwood Forest Jamboree & the Big Al's store.

The second & final restroom is found alongside near the Mine Train attraction & Goldrush Gulch Trading Post.​

DSC04584-700x467.jpg

Trashcans
Similarly, the trashcans here are simple the same as Disneyland’s designs but had the Grizzly Bear/Geyser Gulch Logo/Sticker on it.​

water-fountain-seoul.jpg

Drinking fountains
Here's one idea i found for drinking fountains, water comes out from the national park rocks. This idea came out from the Bukhansan National Park in Seoul, South Korea.

wpid-20150626_153104.jpg

Benches
For the Benches is similar of what DCA of Today had right now its Benches made out of the Redwood Trees

2016-06-24_0028-0029HDR.jpg
IMG_6404-768x512.jpg
grizzly4.jpg

Lighting
The Lighting/Light Poles/Lamps here at Goldrush Gulch is quite another same thing as in Grizzly Peak at DCA of they had right now too & fitting well as well for Goldrush Gulch.​

Stay Tuned because soon either tonight or tomorrow i'm doing to Attractions, Dining & Shopping for Goldrush Gulch & this time i'm not going back for another break for awhile i guess. & then after that we are out Surfing the USA to Surf City, all that & more coming up next.

Last edited:

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
Goldrush Gulch - Attractions

35467_119276658116082_706553_n.jpg

Grizzly River Run
An E-Ticket River Rapids Experience

Grab a Rapid & Journey into Grizzly Mountain on the wettest ride at California Adventure

enhance

HEIGHT REQUIREMENT

This is a river rapids ride similar to Kali River Rapids in Disney's Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida but distinctive as the rafts are engineered to spin as they descend chutes. The attraction's name comes from Grizzly Peak/Mountain area of Goldrush Gulch, the bear shaped mountain that the rapids flow around.

This River Rapid Attraction also had some Audio-Animatronic Animals (Bears, Deer, Mooses, Birds, etc) that they never had on Grizzly River Run, lighting, smoke & water.

The Story of Grizzly River Run
The Storyline & attraction takes place in the fictional Grizzly River Rafting Company where Rafters come out & raft or trail around the peaks of this 150 foot Grizzly Mountain. Legend told that a long time ago Native Indians of California lives from that mountain before the town was made & as well for that earthquake strikes the town few decades ago. Those Natives may say that the spirits of Grizzly Mountain or as the Natives calls this Mt. Spirit would roar once again like a Grizzly Bear & strike the area another few decades.

Suddenly when the Spirit gets angry & causes this spirit to transform into a freak-storm & earthquake the Natives were killed, slave & trapped in the Mountain until all of the native were gone & the spirit's anger was calm. Many years ago after that disastrous storm from the natives & when the Town of Eureka was made, the Travelers, Explorers & Discovers of the name S.E.A. or full name Society of Explorers and Adventurers comes to this mountain to find the spirits who lived on this peak of the mountain include The Giant Spirit of the Roaring Bear (a similar creature/spirit to Thunderbird at Big Thunder Mountain). Many Years now & as for today some do not find the Spirits so its up to you to go up that peak & find the spirits & save the peaks before another storm strikes the Gulch once again, so grabbed a raft, bring a life-jacket & maybe your Bathing Suit if you don't want your clothes to be wet & come on a journey to the top of the peaks of Grizzly River Run.

RIDE STATS
Attraction Type: River Rapids
Designer: Walt Disney Imagineering
Manufacturer: Intamin Amusement Rides
Theme: California State Parks & River Rafting the Mountains
Height: 45 ft (14 m)
Drop: 21 ft (6.4 m)
Duration: 8 minutes
Height restriction: 42 in (107 cm)

1617812442_f8e4f927e6.jpg

The Redwood Forest Jamboree
An B-Ticket Audio-Animatronic Show

Come & Join the Jamboree with Henry the Bear still as your host at their new Jamboree Theatre at the The Redwood Forest Hall

Most of the characters are bears who perform country music, but since this is The Redwood Forest Jamboree their would be other animals too that live in the Redwood Forests & as well some songs that are new for this show. Characters rise up to the stage on platforms, descend from the ceiling, and appear from behind curtains. & Don't worry the audio-animatronic animal heads mounted on the walls who interact with characters on stage would still be there too for the show.

This attraction is a mix between The Country Bear Jamboree & America Sings & it was an idea that if Fans from Disneyland wants to still have The Country Bears but not in Disneyland but instead at their new home at the new second gate park of DCA.

(Now just to know & to be honest i don't have the full storyline & what songs i can put for this attraction & i'm sorry for that but i wish all of u can help out for this story & maybe the songs for The Redwood Forest Jamboree.)

100_3736 _2_.JPG

Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
A Playground & Course Attraction

Let the Kids take the Challenge through the wilderness, a Redwood Creek Challenge

2189196742_5143e6f435_o-56a387325f9b58b7d0d272b0 (1).jpg

This Redwood Creek Trail features a network of trails simulating a trail in a Redwood Forest, a large network of stairs and rope bridges, a traverse rock climbing wall, a zip line, side-by-side slides & as well for the Ahwahnee Camp Circle for small shows.​

CascadePeak11.png

Mine Train Through Goldrush Gulch
An B or C-Ticket Slow Mine Train Attraction

Come & Relax yourself after some thrills & spills on a train ride through Caverns, Waterfalls, Animals & Gold on this Californian Mine Train Through Goldrush Gulch

enhance

HEIGHT REQUIREMENT

As the sequel to Disneyland's Classic Train Ride of Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland that runs from 1956 to 1977 & still Inspired by Disney’s True-Life Adventure nature movies of the 1950s, this attraction is getting a come-back but at California Adventure's Goldrush Gulch. This attraction is an 2 ft 6 in (762 mm) narrow gauge railroad attraction that featured Audio-Animatronic animals in woods-themed environments & Audio-Animatronic Native Americans.

RIDE STATS
Ride type: Slow-Moving Train Ride
Designer: Walt Disney Imagineering
Duration: 7 to 8 mins
Height restriction: None

Queue & Ride Experience - Start of the Attraction

The Experience/Queue starts when guest enter inside The Redwood Creek Station, look at from history on the walls & tables & a picture of the Crew at the Station before the earthquake strikes starts a hour ago from that picture.

Once the guests arrive to the station & everyone takes a seat on one of the benches facing each other in your bright yellow ore car. Or sit on the jump seat when the ride attendant closes the ore car door. When your train pulls out of the station, an Ranger begins a recorded narration:​

“Hey There, folks! Welcome to The Redwood Creek Station, & our train ride to Goldrush Gulch. Now before we head for the beauty of the wilderness, a couple of suggestions before on: please stay seated at all times, and keep yer hands, arms, feet and Legs inside the train, & do me a favorite to watch your little ones won' you. The animals get mighty hungry. And, uh, no smokin’ please, ’cause we don’t want to start a forest fire.

minetrain2_geyser1975ww (1).jpg

Geyser Valley

The first thing to our Mine Train Trip to Goldrush Gulch its to Geyser Valley

Now as we leave the station, we're coming up to Geyser Valley, one of the most incredible places to visit in Goldrush Gulch. But to be careful my friends those geyser are steamin' hot like a boiling hot pot of water, & you never know when the next one is about to blow up.

The Geysers blow up water & get guest a little wet.

Ohh there's one right now Look out! Oh there's a another take cover Heh-heh! You folks in them last cars be ready… she’s a-threatenin’ again!& sometimes when your on the Grizzly River Run the geysers would give you quicker & get more wet than here.

IMG_07331.jpg
minetrain2_rainbowcaverns0000disney.jpg

Inside the Caverns of Grizzly Mountain

As our driver told us we are going inside Grizzly Mountain & Natives living inside the peaks.

"Now were heading into Grizzly Mountain which its right over that tunnel. But just to know that all of you need to be real quiet! The Spirits are sometimes not nice in there. "You know i heard a true legend that Natives from California live down here when the Spirit's Storm got angry & causing this with a great earthquake, destroying the mountain, some who live & some well die but we would never forget those great Indians who come to California so amazed many years ago.

“Now, we’re goin’ deep into the earth to view the Indian's New Secret area. On the right you’ll can see the chief of this amazing Indian Tribe & this is its people, Dancing, Talking, Playing & Working & living like a one happy family & over to your left those giant stalagmites, stalactites, ‘n colorful falls on ever’ side. Say, if ya look real careful, you’ll see geyser grotto, ‘n even the witch’s cauldron. "Now uhh lets get outta here before the tribe could see their secret place.

Tumblr_noort0nPiG1tyyp0bo2_1280.jpg

Bear Country & the Redwood Creek Trail

The Train exiting out the mountain & comes to Bear Country.

Now as we exiting out to Grizzly Mountain, we're enter to one of my favorite places on the trip, you guess it to Bear Country. “Ya know, bears are one of the most playful animals there is. Lazy, too. All they want to do is lay around and scratch and fish and swim… that is when they ain’t sleepin’. & now as the symbol of California on our flags because of the Bear is one of the great animals that we still had on this earth.

Not only we see bears but we can see some beavers down there. & it Looks like the beavers are building another dam. Yes, sir, they’re really busy as a… well, busy as a beaver. Them little marmots over the tunnel must be a-whistlin’ to all you pretty gals. I can’t say I blame ‘em. Oh & by the way, when your going to Grizzly River Run at the top i heard about Two stags are battlin’ for them cow elk so make sure you see that when you go on that rapids you don't want to miss that.

The Train turns around & go to the left to the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.

We're now coming up to one of the most excited places for adventure at The Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. Where its home to many ziplines, tires, slides & even rock climbing. Oh & don't you forget about the oldest tree that still stands in Goldrush Gulch when your there won't ya.

Grand-Californian-Concept.jpg

The Hotel, End of our Tour to Goldrush Gulch & Exit

The Train turns around & heads to Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & go back to the station

Now if you look over to your left, the builders from The Town of Eureka had made a great hotel that they called The Grand Californian Hotel. You know this hotel was tribute to those Californians who wants to dream a great place in California as their home so they built this hotel not only for the dreamers of California but as well for those who made this town great before the great earthquake comes to town. You know folks if i ever loved to live in that hotel well, I'LL BE RICH & Taking a great view of Great Goldrush Gulch.

The Train comes back to The Redwood Creek Station where they belongs.

"Well we're heading back to the station where we starting. I hope you all enjoyed yer trip into Goldrush Gulch. Now Please remember to stay in yer seats until I get the train comes to a full & complete stopped, will ya? grabbed your stuff & your kids too, and the door’ll come right open.” "Well Thanks for ridin’ along with us today, and come on back when yer out here in these here wilderness parts, will ya? So long friends!”

Guests exit on the right & down back to the entrance of the attraction.

Thats all for now, soon its time to eat & maybe shop in one of our stores & cafes. So don't you go Bearing Around & stay tuned very soon.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom