What if Disney banned all cameras and phones in the park?

thomas998

Original Poster
Was thinking after the last trip how nice it might be if you could go to Disney on a day when all technology like cameras, camcorder and phones were simply banned from the park... No more having people run over your because they were texting or bump into you because their eyes were focused on a viewfinder instead of where they were backing up....

Seems to me that it might make the whole park experience better.... I know I'm guilty of taking lots of photos when I go... but honestly when I look at them I could probably do just fine without any except the ones taken by photopass folks... and I might even enjoy the park more.

Anyone else think it might make a disney trip better?

JIMINYCR

No.... I'd miss out on getting my memories recorded and having the fun of reliving my trip when I got home. My photos are of things I want or certain shots Photopass CM's would never get. My shots are irreplaceable and I'd never give up my camera. The problem exists because of others not being courteous, not being aware of what they are doing, and oblivious of anyone else being around them. Dont ban the cameras, teach people how to be aware of others and use good judgement when using them.

gsimpson

Because of my position in the agency I work for I would be precluded from taking any trips to Disney World if they banned cell phones. As a condition of my employment I have to be reachable within an hour at all times. I do agree with your sentiment, I hate the rude people who talk on their phones during shows, ram into you while texting, act unbelievably rude and entitled wanting you and the people your with to give up seats, spots or whatever so they can "get a better shot". To bad that instead of banning technology they can't just ban rude, arrogant, and thoughtless people... from the whole world not just Disney World would be even better.

The Empress Lilly

My experience improves both when I don't take pics, and when others don't.

Can't ban the second, but you perfectly well can stop the first.

(How often are you really going to look at those 479 pictures?)

Polydweller

Neither would ever happen. The phone is needed to use MDE and other Disney related apps. So the phone has to stay. Since smartphones have cameras how could Disney justify banning cameras.

I agree with others, the issue isn't the devices and using them it's the users who forget courtesy to others around them.

EOD K9

Ok, just for the sake of fun for this thread, I'll let @gsimpson keep his phone, Disney gives out phones to use for MDE purposes, which have pager functions for emergencies.

mouse_luv

No. I need it(phone) for medical and emergency reasons. Also, DBF has to be able to have his DSLR camera with us because there are pics photopass has taken in the past that never ended up showing up on our account once we got home. Plus, he takes better pics anyway lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom